REVIEW: Fischer Audio FA-011 - OFF THE DEEP END!!
Mar 23, 2011 at 2:50 PM Post #76 of 2,116
Quote:
I just saw the price on these and I am for the first time considering owning two headphones at once.  Its hard to get a feel for how bassy these cans are, however.  I own the Pro 900s, and while I can recognize they emphasize bass, I find their bass quantity near perfect for my tastes.  If these are similar (and I hope somebody can comment) I will be ordering them instantly.

Maybe you should just order them so we can find out!
biggrin.gif

I'm a bit curious about these. If you did happen to get them, I'll be expecting some comparing against the Pro 900.
rolleyes.gif

Mar 23, 2011 at 2:58 PM Post #77 of 2,116
Oh you know I'd definitely post one.  They are definitely inexpensive, its just that there are a few other investments that I'm looking at (non audio) and I'm studying abroad in Paris this summer so I have to save money for that as well.  If a few more people post impressions and its clear that these have some good, emphasized bass, I'll definitely pick them up.

Quote:

Maybe you should just order them so we can find out!
biggrin.gif

I'm a bit curious about these. If you did happen to get them, I'll be expecting some comparing against the Pro 900.
rolleyes.gif

Mar 23, 2011 at 3:02 PM Post #78 of 2,116
Quote:
Actually they sold out in less then 10min. I ordered as soon as I saw the email about in stock. Right after I was done putting in my Visa details it said 1 in stock left haha. I'm a little worried that its shipping from Russia, never have bought anything from over seas before.

Oh and first post!

Well I stand corrected! I had left for lunch right before the e-mail was sent out so I was SOL it seems lol. If I had just stayed a wee bit longer
rolleyes.gif

Mar 23, 2011 at 5:25 PM Post #79 of 2,116

Quote:
Actually they sold out in less then 10min. I ordered as soon as I saw the email about in stock. Right after I was done putting in my Visa details it said 1 in stock left haha. I'm a little worried that its shipping from Russia, never have bought anything from over seas before.

I ordered my FA-002w from GD-Audiobase. While the crafting for the cups took ~3 weeks, the shipping only took 2weeks and 3 days. (17 days in total)

I'm in Canada

Mar 23, 2011 at 6:23 PM Post #82 of 2,116
If anybody wants an amp to go with them, it looks like a bundle's still available:
http://gd-audiobase.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=109&category_id=39&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=2

Mar 23, 2011 at 7:30 PM Post #83 of 2,116
Hey LFF,

Nice review mate. Your review made me order one of these as i have been looking for some head phones. I was considering the Bowers and Wilkins P5.

Oh I was one of the people that ordered it making it sell out in 10 mins, lol sorry guys...

Quick Question, in your review you mentioned you played Call of Duty with these headphones, How did you connect it and to what game system?

Thanks in advance.

Mar 23, 2011 at 8:08 PM Post #84 of 2,116
As a neutral and ampless fellow, sticking with the FA-003s is going to be my plan of action here. Do these sound fine unamped, or were you dead serious when discussing their need for power?

Mar 23, 2011 at 8:29 PM Post #86 of 2,116

Quote:
Quick Question, in your review you mentioned you played Call of Duty with these headphones, How did you connect it and to what game system?

Thanks in advance.

Connected to my Emu-0404 USB while playing on my PC.

Quote:
As a neutral and ampless fellow, sticking with the FA-003s is going to be my plan of action here. Do these sound fine unamped, or were you dead serious when discussing their need for power?

They sound decent unamped but these puppies shine with more power...make no mistake about it.

Mar 23, 2011 at 8:34 PM Post #88 of 2,116

Quote:
Not sure if you have heard the latest HD558/598 but they are my current open back champs in the $120-$170 range.  Any thoughts on how the 011 might compare? sounds like they would be more 'fun' but I'm curious how they would compare in resolution, clarity, imaging and such.

I haven't heard the latest HD558/598 but I can give you direct comparisons with the HD600/650.
wink_face.gif

Mar 23, 2011 at 9:00 PM Post #89 of 2,116

Quote:
Blah 5 + weeks! That's a long time to wait for these puppies.
frown.gif

Well, actually, in my package the company (GD-Audiobase) forgot to put the cable in there, so I couldn't connect the headphones (and it's a custom 1/4 weird cable that isn't exactly replaceable). The cable is still in transit, so it's been two months of wait for me already.

Mar 23, 2011 at 9:29 PM Post #90 of 2,116
Is anybody else unnerved that Fischer is releasing high quality equipment such as their highly acclaimed Master Series alongside crappy drugstore headphones/IEMs? A business model like this is going to kill their reputation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back