REVIEW: Fischer Audio FA-011 - OFF THE DEEP END!!
Mar 23, 2011 at 7:18 AM Post #63 of 2,116

Quote:
high end phones don't have to be expensive, just have high end SQ

I know..but they usually are 
biggrin.gif

Mar 23, 2011 at 7:34 AM Post #64 of 2,116

Quote:
I have a quick question about the deep bass these cans possess.  You compare it to the bass on the HD650, which has some solid bass, but then you wrap up the review saying that these are great cans for bassheads.  The HD650 is hardly a can for bassheads, so this comparison seems quite contradictory to me.  A more appropriate comparison would be with headphones such as the Sony XB500, Ultrasone Pro 900/HFI 580/780, or even the Denon D2000s.  

As a basshead and someone who is very interested in the FA-011, could you elaborate a bit further on these cans' low end?  If it extends deep and is tight and textured, that is awesome, but if it has similar quantity and impact as the HD650, it is hardly a headphone for bass lovers.

Thanks.

I mention the HD650 as a basshead can in the sense of how low it goes (quality) not in how much it puts out (quantity). The HD650 was the only headphone until now that could properly play one of my demo tracks. The FA-011 plays it extraordinarily well in both quality and quantity. The bass extends very low, yet remains tight and detailed.

Quote:
Thanks for posting LFF. Yet another great review from you. 2 quick questions if you don't mind:

1) What is the tension like on the headband area? Somewhat tight like a new K701? Or more loose?

2) How are the materials as far as quality? Specifically interested in the "fork" that holds the wood part. Plastic I assume? How is the build quality compared to say the FA-003?

Thanks in advance, I'm sure more people would like this info than just me.

1) The tension on the headband is almost non-existent. It just floats on your noggin! Like I said before...the MOST comfortable headphone I have in my possession.

2) The fork that holds the wood part looks like metal but is indeed plastic. The build quality IMHO feels excellent...very comparable to the FA-003.

Quote:
$118 are you serious?? From the review I surmised these were high end headphones. 

High end sound doesn't mean it has to cost an arm and a leg. This is one of the reasons I like Fischer Audio so much...they put out serious quality at an unbelievable price point. A new product for them doesn't equate to a higher price tag than an existing product just because it's new.

Quote:
I think maybe the slogan should be changed to "Welcome to Head-Fi.  Sorry about LFF."

LOL!
wink_face.gif

You know me...always spreading the word on what I think is good...be it a CD, LP or any related playback gear!

Mar 23, 2011 at 12:02 PM Post #67 of 2,116

Quote:

www.gd-audiobase.com

By the way, this is the only site where I have seen them offered, so far (bugdenaudio.com and treoo.com don't show them on their sites)...

Yeah, seems that they are the only retailer online that I could find. Right now would be a great opportunity for online headphone retailers to work out agreements to sell Fischer products in the US. I've been trying to push a local audio supplier out of the Houston area to offer them, as Fischer Audio per my guesstimations, should blow up pretty soon...and I'm assuming the pricing will follow suit. I'm a firm believer in these guys.

davy

Mar 23, 2011 at 1:15 PM Post #70 of 2,116
Dang, grats to those who got in on the latest preorder just now. They sold out in less than 30 minutes!

Mar 23, 2011 at 1:28 PM Post #71 of 2,116
Not sure if you have heard the latest HD558/598 but they are my current open back champs in the $120-$170 range.  Any thoughts on how the 011 might compare? sounds like they would be more 'fun' but I'm curious how they would compare in resolution, clarity, imaging and such.

Mar 23, 2011 at 1:43 PM Post #73 of 2,116
Of course they are. This is a brand new model of headphone from Fischer.

Mar 23, 2011 at 2:10 PM Post #74 of 2,116
I'm very curious on this comparison as well.

Quote:
Not sure if you have heard the latest HD558/598 but they are my current open back champs in the $120-$170 range.  Any thoughts on how the 011 might compare? sounds like they would be more 'fun' but I'm curious how they would compare in resolution, clarity, imaging and such.

Mar 23, 2011 at 2:26 PM Post #75 of 2,116
Actually they sold out in less then 10min. I ordered as soon as I saw the email about in stock. Right after I was done putting in my Visa details it said 1 in stock left haha. I'm a little worried that its shipping from Russia, never have bought anything from over seas before.

Oh and first post!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back