REVIEW: Fischer Audio FA-011 - OFF THE DEEP END!!
Mar 21, 2011 at 7:58 PM Post #16 of 2,116

Quote:
LFF - between these, the 003, and the 002w, which do you think would "pair" best with a set of K702s - keeping the same clarity, but offering a counterpoint to the ascetic nature of the AKGs?

I keep vacillating between the FA-011, the 002w, and the HE-4.

I believe the FA-011 would be the best pair in terms of differences.

Quote:
Can you compare this one to another bass empasize cans like M50, D2000?

There is no contest between the M50 and the FA-011. The M50 is more adept at challenging the FA-004. The D2000 v FA-011 would probably come down to preference. My preference would be for the FA-011 as the D2000 has recessed mids and is totally missing those liquid mids that the Fischers have.

Quote:
@LFF last question, does the fa-011 have harsher highs than fa-003?

i  cant buy these even tho they sound perfect lol have to be loyal to my fa-003 and buy it  wooden cuffs when time comes.im trying to modify the pads and adding cusions for the back of my ears area so i could get the perfect seal.. im just stacking small amount of toilet paper in it lol i think its improving i hear the punch of the bass better:p

The FA-011 has a bit more highs than the FA-003 but I wouldn't say that they are harsh at all. The best way to dampen the stock FA-003 is to use the leather pads Fischer sells. They are cheap and they work very well.

Quote:
Also interested in a comparison with the D2000
wink.gif

See above.

Quote:
nice review, interesting option and they do look good.

they just dont look circumaural... how big is the ear cup?

They are circumaural and very comfy. The ear cup is about the size of my fist...don't have a ruler handy. I imagine these babies will be able to cradle even the biggest ears.

Mar 21, 2011 at 10:53 PM Post #18 of 2,116
So am I right when I say that these are similar to the FA-003 in quality but just a different signature? That's what I get from this review at least so please correct me if I'm wrong.

Mar 22, 2011 at 12:39 AM Post #21 of 2,116
I just saw the price on these and I am for the first time considering owning two headphones at once.  Its hard to get a feel for how bassy these cans are, however.  I own the Pro 900s, and while I can recognize they emphasize bass, I find their bass quantity near perfect for my tastes.  If these are similar (and I hope somebody can comment) I will be ordering them instantly.

Mar 22, 2011 at 1:02 AM Post #22 of 2,116
Wow, this pair of headphones has so many different fun aspects to it.

The looks, open cups, a fun sound signature with quality and at a really good price.

I also liked the reviewer's approach to recognize the purpose of this headphone. These sound like the perfect pair to study with.

Mar 22, 2011 at 1:17 AM Post #23 of 2,116

Quote:
So am I right when I say that these are similar to the FA-003 in quality but just a different signature? That's what I get from this review at least so please correct me if I'm wrong.

They have similar mids and overall sound quality but a very different sound signature. Think different sound signatures with fantastic quality on both.

Quote:
Are they really similar to the FA-003? There's a huge price difference between them

Yes and No. Yes in that they have similar liquid mids. No in that they both have different sound signatures. The FA-003 is very accurate and neutral while the FA-011 just indulges you in the fun aspects of sound...airy highs and DEEP bass. I think that the FA-003 and FA-011 go hand in hand as if you own both - you really won't need anything else except for a nice IEM.

Quote:
 These sound like the perfect pair to study with.

I think they are perfect for times when you require a long listening session. Might not be a good idea to wear them at the library though as they are an open design and do leak sound.

Mar 22, 2011 at 5:59 AM Post #25 of 2,116
dammit.  I just committed myself to focus on saving more, but my wallet is shaking after reading your review.

Edit:  Eh, ended up taking the dive. the things you do browsing the internet at the wee hours of the night... gulp.
confused_face.gif

Mar 22, 2011 at 7:37 AM Post #26 of 2,116
      Hi mr. LLF . Thanks for all of the reviews you make. Would you please tell us the differences of HD650 and FA-011 more in-debt?
I was saving for HD650 because i love how they embody the sound, the details they're giving, the bass quantity (i hadn't had enough time to evaluate their bass quality), 
and they are listenable and sound "serious". Than their price got higher.. i think FA-011 might be my savior. from your review i assume they're even better than HD650.
Thank you in advance.

Mar 22, 2011 at 9:05 AM Post #28 of 2,116

Quote:
      Hi mr. LLF . Thanks for all of the reviews you make. Would you please tell us the differences of HD650 and FA-011 more in-debt?
I was saving for HD650 because i love how they embody the sound, the details they're giving, the bass quantity (i hadn't had enough time to evaluate their bass quality), 
and they are listenable and sound "serious". Than their price got higher.. i think FA-011 might be my savior. from your review i assume they're even better than HD650.
Thank you in advance.

I honestly feel the FA-011's are better sounding than the HD-650's. To me, one of the best qualities of the HD-650 was the low, deep bass it put out. However, despite the low, deep bass, the HD-650 always sounded veiled to me. The FA-011's have low, deep bass but do not sound veiled at all and are very affordable.

Mar 22, 2011 at 9:52 AM Post #29 of 2,116

Quote:
FA-003 is very accurate and neutral while the FA-011 just indulges you in the fun aspects of sound...airy highs and DEEP bass. I think that the FA-003 and FA-011 go hand in hand as if you own both - you really won't need anything else except for a nice IEM.

Perfect. These will be my next headphone assuming nothing else catches my eye by the time I am ready. The price is great too. I can't remember what I paid for the FA-003 but it does seem the FA-011 is a good amount cheaper.

Mar 22, 2011 at 10:40 AM Post #30 of 2,116
Pictures added to first post!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back