REVIEW: Fischer Audio FA-011 - OFF THE DEEP END!!
Sep 2, 2011 at 5:02 AM Post #1,007 of 2,116
The postman delivered my FA-011s 10 mins ago. Just working on some emails but listening to them plugged into my iPhone. And they sound absolutely superb.

Not sure which ones I prefer the FA-003 or FA-011. Time to burn these beauties in. Later tonight I will plug these into my headphone amp.

Sep 2, 2011 at 5:46 AM Post #1,008 of 2,116
Quote:
Can you point me to the TB ones? I have been reading this thread from the beginning, but do not remember seeing the info.

It's in the OP (bottom). anyway here's a link: http://store.turtlebeach.com/hpa2earcushioneach.aspx
EDIT: also in the op is this tissue mode:

Quote:
All these post on the FA-011, and I'm still waiting for mine to arrive. I got an email saying shipped on 19th August, but no tracking info. I'm hoping they arrive today or tomorrow.

****, mine was shipped on the 23rd, and I hoped it would be here next week... maybe I should revise my expectations
rolleyes.gif

EDIT:

Quote:
The postman delivered my FA-011s 10 mins ago.

Or maybe not!!! yay
tongue.gif

Sep 2, 2011 at 5:52 AM Post #1,009 of 2,116
19th August to the 2nd September took 2 weeks which is about the correct amount of time. However long it takes, its very worth the wait :)

Can't get over how good these are. Rock just rocks, classical comes alive, jazz is so cool, dance is dramatic. 

Sep 2, 2011 at 11:12 AM Post #1,010 of 2,116

Quote:
frown.gif

I've stopped listening to my FA-011's the clamp force on my head is just too much after an hr or so of music listening.

Either a more softer and thicker earpad mod or mod for the headclamp bit would make me seeing more use out of these, but for now, the sound quality doesn't make up for its major discomfort. 
frown.gif

I had the same problem.  I briefly tried a mod to use K701 pads on the FA-011, and while it did significantly improve the comfort, it had a pretty significant detrimental effect on the sound (made this bright headphone even brighter -- very fatiguing with the pad mod).  Unfortunately, I think the drivers need to be quite close to the listener's ear in order to get that magical FA-011 sound -- which means, I think, that there's very little chance of modding these for comfort without negatively affecting the sound.

Sep 2, 2011 at 11:18 AM Post #1,011 of 2,116
Heh, I know the feeling.  I went from HFi-580's to these guys and while I miss the sub-bass of the Ultrasones sometimes, I realized what I was missing in genres besides electronica.

Welcome to the club :)

Quote:
19th August to the 2nd September took 2 weeks which is about the correct amount of time. However long it takes, its very worth the wait :)

Can't get over how good these are. Rock just rocks, classical comes alive, jazz is so cool, dance is dramatic. 

Sep 2, 2011 at 12:06 PM Post #1,012 of 2,116
I had clamping force issues when I received my FA-011s. I just bent the metal bands on the top and I can wear them for hours now. The following image for Hifiman headphones is a great illustration of how to do it. Of course due to the difference in design the metal bands will never touch your head on the FA-011s but the arrows still show the best way to bend them to lessen clamping force.

Quote:
frown.gif

I've stopped listening to my FA-011's the clamp force on my head is just too much after an hr or so of music listening.

Either a more softer and thicker earpad mod or mod for the headclamp bit would make me seeing more use out of these, but for now, the sound quality doesn't make up for its major discomfort. 
frown.gif

Sep 2, 2011 at 12:18 PM Post #1,013 of 2,116
CAJUNKY!!!!  You da man =D   I was thinking of how to explain it and was actually going to take pictures and draw arrows in paint LMAO.  All I did to mine was push down in the middle of the bands which forces it to expand >=P.  Of course, I guestimated the width of my head so I knew how much pressure to expand the bands to

Sep 2, 2011 at 1:43 PM Post #1,015 of 2,116
I have had these burning in all day, and still am. These are so **** good I just can't believe my ears. I still love my FA-003s which give a different sound, but these are at the moment my favourite.

Sep 3, 2011 at 3:00 AM Post #1,016 of 2,116

Quote:
Dear DefQon ,
Just straighten headband by hands a bit. Its just an metal wires. Nothing bad will happen, unless you push it to extremes, of course. 

Of course, how can I not know this method after owning the AD700's?? Thanks a lot for making me remember 
bigsmile_face.gif

Also just wondering if Fischer Audio will release a thicker and softer, possibly a velour earpad for the FA-011's? Just wondering because the stock earpads are a bit shallow and hard against the ears, 

Thanks, keep up the great work.

Sep 3, 2011 at 3:08 PM Post #1,020 of 2,116

Quote:
Just add, the comfort of the FA-003 are better, and I can only afford to keep one pair at the moment
frown.gif

Sorry to hear about that and the comfort problem. Really speaks volumes as to the individuality of the each human being. I found them to be extremely comfortable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back