Review: Fischer Audio FA-003 - a neutral champ!
Dec 30, 2011 at 12:09 PM Post #2,222 of 3,047
Good news! A little background first, I ordered my pair on October 20 and they supposedly shipped the next day. After a little more than two months of waiting and a dozen or so unanswered emails from gd-audiobase I decided to contact moneybookers. After two day they just got back to me with a tracking number. Turns out I was lied to about when they shipped, but at least they were shipped.

This is the latest info:

Exports 22 December 2011 17:02 190977 St. Petersburg-Pulkovo MMPO PI-2

I'll probably post this in the FA-011 thread too since I've posted some about not getting replies there too.

Dec 30, 2011 at 12:17 PM Post #2,223 of 3,047

Quote:
Good news! A little background first, I ordered my pair on October 20 and they supposedly shipped the next day. After a little more than two months of waiting and a dozen or so unanswered emails from gd-audiobase I decided to contact moneybookers. After two day they just got back to me with a tracking number. Turns out I was lied to about when they shipped, but at least they were shipped.

This is the latest info:

Exports 22 December 2011 17:02 190977 St. Petersburg-Pulkovo MMPO PI-2

I'll probably post this in the FA-011 thread too since I've posted some about not getting replies there too.

so, you're saying GD-audiobase is not shipping out the products for the customers. They are holding the orders and hoping for the customers to forget, then they can sell it again? Because that's what seems they are doing by your description... I will not buy from them, definitely...

Dec 30, 2011 at 3:50 PM Post #2,225 of 3,047

Quote:
My Fa003 with the wood cups are even bigger and stick out much more than the standard cups. Still breaking in the headphones a bit.

So these aren't really portable then
angry_face.gif
A little annoying, but eventually I'll get something for more "around" use.

Dec 30, 2011 at 4:39 PM Post #2,226 of 3,047
They arrived! Funny how on the day I get a tracking number they arrive. Now I just have to wait through the rest of the work day.......................

Quote:
so, you're saying GD-audiobase is not shipping out the products for the customers. They are holding the orders and hoping for the customers to forget, then they can sell it again? Because that's what seems they are doing by your description... I will not buy from them, definitely...

I would say that's a bit more extreme than actual case. They were shipped on December 16th, which is two weeks or so before I even contacted moneybrookers. The big problem I feel like was the email I got that said they had shipped the day after I ordered (22nd oct), that was obviously not true. However, when I bought them I was aware that it could take up two two months or so.. it's just that email made me think that was going to be a lot sooner. 

So, in summary, I got the headphones after two months and a week, no replies until today when dmitry finally sent me a three word email ("You too! Thanks") and no tracking number until I contacted moneybookers. Basically I feel like if you order from them, just be willing to not get any info until they show up your doorstep with possible wait times of months.. or years.. or whatever. Also keep in mind that this is just one person's experience, others seem to get replies, other don't.

Dec 30, 2011 at 5:16 PM Post #2,227 of 3,047
randomic answers are not a good thing from a seller... To me it sounds like he's not that interested in have happy customers... I was thinking about buying from them, but I'll look other stores... :/

Dec 30, 2011 at 5:34 PM Post #2,228 of 3,047
Happy customers don't seem to be his concern at all, but you do get the headphones. Fischer is opening their own store from what I read on their Facebook wall. I don't have any idea how soon though.. they say "Also, good news everyone, we're at the final state to open our official worldwide web-store."

Quote:
randomic answers are not a good thing from a seller... To me it sounds like he's not that interested in have happy customers... I was thinking about buying from them, but I'll look other stores... :/

Dec 30, 2011 at 6:26 PM Post #2,229 of 3,047

Quote:
Happy customers don't seem to be his concern at all, but you do get the headphones. Fischer is opening their own store from what I read on their Facebook wall. I don't have any idea how soon though.. they say "Also, good news everyone, we're at the final state to open our official worldwide web-store."

Now, that's a really good news! I don't mind to wait an buy in a place that could be more efficient than GD-A... But in fact I'm thinking about HM5, I'm just waiting the comparisions between them... But thenks for the heads up on FA store! :D

Dec 30, 2011 at 9:07 PM Post #2,231 of 3,047
The problem is: I don't have enough patience to buy something and wait for the store to send it when they think is right... One thing is a pre order, when you know  that you can wait a little more because of the factory, but when a store care nothing about making the customers happy, you can be sure you're gonna have lots of headaches... Just like Sentient... He was wondering where was his heapdphone for almost 2 months, and the store didn't provide the tracking number to him. I would freak out with all that waiting time in complete blindness!

Dec 30, 2011 at 9:18 PM Post #2,232 of 3,047

Quote:
Now, that's a really good news! I don't mind to wait an buy in a place that could be more efficient than GD-A... But in fact I'm thinking about HM5, I'm just waiting the comparisions between them... But thenks for the heads up on FA store! :D

If you can catch Frogbeats when they have stock, they do ~$20 3-day international shipping with quick processing and tracking numbers that work the moment they ship.

Dec 30, 2011 at 9:18 PM Post #2,233 of 3,047

Quote:
The problem is: I don't have enough patience to buy something and wait for the store to send it when they think is right... One thing is a pre order, when you know  that you can wait a little more because of the factory, but when a store care nothing about making the customers happy, you can be sure you're gonna have lots of headaches... Just like Sentient... He was wondering where was his heapdphone for almost 2 months, and the store didn't provide the tracking number to him. I would freak out with all that waiting time in complete blindness!

I couldn't wait like that. I got mad when MP4 Nation shipped on the 22nd instead of the 19th and I'm located in the US. I was mostly mad because they arrived AFTER my vacation.

Dec 31, 2011 at 1:07 AM Post #2,235 of 3,047

Quote:
Any idea how often they come in/out of stock?

Nope.  It seems like they get a new shipment every few weeks or so though - just keep an eye on their website.  You could also email David (the owner) and ask him to let you know when they get stock in.  He's really helpful and responsive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back