Review: Fischer Audio FA-003 - a neutral champ!
Oct 25, 2011 at 3:23 AM Post #2,057 of 3,047

Quote:
it's rebecca pidgeon - grandmother. never heard it from youtube btw. but it sounds bad from my flac.

Sounds glorious off my flac with the 003's.

Maybe it's your rip.

Oct 25, 2011 at 8:57 AM Post #2,058 of 3,047
I recently got a pair of FA-003s too and would like to chip in my two cents on it. I find them really comfortable, and very clear and detailed for such a well priced headphones. However, i don't know if it's me but they sometimes sound quite harsh or overly bright, making listening very fatiguing. I'm not sure why myself, to be honest. It's quite a big problem, because i can't listen for more than half an hour at low volumes without my ears aching... Sometimes it gets so bad i find myself reaching for my portapros instead.

My set up is Ipod touch --> RSA predator --> FA-003.

Oct 25, 2011 at 11:08 AM Post #2,059 of 3,047

Quote:
I recently got a pair of FA-003s too and would like to chip in my two cents on it. I find them really comfortable, and very clear and detailed for such a well priced headphones. However, i don't know if it's me but they sometimes sound quite harsh or overly bright, making listening very fatiguing. I'm not sure why myself, to be honest. It's quite a big problem, because i can't listen for more than half an hour at low volumes without my ears aching... Sometimes it gets so bad i find myself reaching for my portapros instead.

Are you sure it's not the pressure of the headband or the quality of the recordings?

Oct 25, 2011 at 11:19 AM Post #2,061 of 3,047

Quote:

Don't take this the wrong way, but have you tried a different source? Now, I love my Ipod Touch but it made many of my headphones brighter and more fatiguing than they should be. I noticed this with the K702 and the D2000. They say the Ipod Touch is supposed to be neutral, but I don't know about that.

My docked Ipod Touch might be good for something like the HD-600
normal_smile%20.gif

EDIT: Yes, some tracks are painfully bright and harsh no matter what. It's just the recording, but a good headphone shouldn't make it worse than it already is. Some are good at taming these tracks. HD-600 was one of them.

Oct 25, 2011 at 4:58 PM Post #2,062 of 3,047
I've been looking for an upgrade to a Sennheiser HD280 pro, and the FA-003 and Denon D2000 have caught my eye. I recently tested Audio Technica ESW9, and I immensely favored its sound over the HD280 Audio Technica's ATH A900 and AD700. The ESW9's on-ear rather than over-ear fit is shying me away from them however.

The choices have been narrowed down between the Fischer FA-003 and Denon D2000. If I'm somewhat of a gamer (sound stage is important maybe?) and listen to jazzy, classical, piano solos, and random non-main stream not-pop songs, which would be better?

Fischer Audio's facebook page has revealed plans on increasing the sound quality of the FA-003 and 002, but that was announced back in September. From the looks of tings on Frogbeats compared to other sources, has the sound quality increase happened or is this merely just a cosmetic skin change?

http://shop.frogbeats.com/fischer-audio-fa-003
http://treoo.com/store/media/catalog/product/cache/1/thumbnail/450x450/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/f/i/fischer_audio_fa-003_headphone_4.png

Facebook link:
https://www.facebook.com/fischeraudio?sk=wall

The relevant quotes:
Fischer Audio GmbH: There's a mighty plan to dramatically increase FA-003 and FA-002W's sound quality. Stany tuned it's gonna be a bomb!

Fischer Audio GmbH:They will be there soon. Wondering how you guys will like it.

Fischer Audio GmbH Metal plates has a little different design now, and we're about to increase impedance to 160 Ohms, but not sure yet. Probably there will be some kind of FA-003Hi.
The model will be available this autumn, probably in September.

Fischer Audio GmbH Actually it's not only higher impedance. It's a proprietary type of filter, made by our cool <s>R2D2</s> R&D. And well, it leads to dramatically increase sound quality. As had been told by our domestic audiophiles, this filter shifts headphones to a next class.

Oct 25, 2011 at 5:09 PM Post #2,063 of 3,047

Quote:
I've been looking for an upgrade to a Sennheiser HD280 pro, and the FA-003 and Denon D2000 have caught my eye. I recently tested Audio Technica ESW9, and I immensely favored its sound over the HD280 Audio Technica's ATH A900 and AD700. The ESW9's on-ear rather than over-ear fit is shying me away from them however.

The choices have been narrowed down between the Fischer FA-003 and Denon D2000. If I'm somewhat of a gamer (sound stage is important maybe?) and listen to jazzy, classical, piano solos, and random non-main stream not-pop songs, which would be better?

Fischer Audio's facebook page has revealed plans on increasing the sound quality of the FA-003 and 002, but that was announced back in September. From the looks of tings on Frogbeats compared to other sources, has the sound quality increase happened or is this merely just a cosmetic skin change?

http://shop.frogbeats.com/fischer-audio-fa-003
http://treoo.com/store/media/catalog/product/cache/1/thumbnail/450x450/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/f/i/fischer_audio_fa-003_headphone_4.png

Facebook link:
https://www.facebook.com/fischeraudio?sk=wall

The relevant quotes:
Fischer Audio GmbH: There's a mighty plan to dramatically increase FA-003 and FA-002W's sound quality. Stany tuned it's gonna be a bomb!

Fischer Audio GmbH:They will be there soon. Wondering how you guys will like it.

Fischer Audio GmbH Metal plates has a little different design now, and we're about to increase impedance to 160 Ohms, but not sure yet. Probably there will be some kind of FA-003Hi.
The model will be available this autumn, probably in September.

Fischer Audio GmbH Actually it's not only higher impedance. It's a proprietary type of filter, made by our cool <s>R2D2</s> R&D. And well, it leads to dramatically increase sound quality. As had been told by our domestic audiophiles, this filter shifts headphones to a next class.

No....the changes to the 003 are strictly cosmetic.

The new, improved sound quality of the FA-002W's are the FA-002W High Edition. However, it sounds nothing like the FA-002W and the improvement is...well...you need to wait for my review.

Oct 25, 2011 at 5:16 PM Post #2,065 of 3,047
Okay Now I understand that the FA-002W High Edition has impedance of 200 ohms instead of 64 ohms. I do not see anyone selling that version yet. I was going to get a Beyerdynamic but I wait for your review.

Oct 25, 2011 at 5:18 PM Post #2,066 of 3,047

Quote:
No....the changes to the 003 are strictly cosmetic.

The new, improved sound quality of the FA-002W's are the FA-002W High Edition. However, it sounds nothing like the FA-002W and the improvement is...well...you need to wait for my review.

I bet you enjoy teasing us with that

Oct 25, 2011 at 5:22 PM Post #2,067 of 3,047

Quote:
I bet you enjoy teasing us with that

Not really actually....

I wish I could just say it but it needs to be said correctly and elaborated on quite a bit as it's more complicated.

Now, as for the FA-006 - yeah...that's one damn good headphone for under $100. In fact, I feel it's the headphone to have and recommend for under $100 USD!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back