Review: Fischer Audio FA-003 - a neutral champ!
Oct 21, 2011 at 6:27 PM Post #2,041 of 3,047
swapping is very easy to do. all u need is a screwdriver. u wont destroy anything going back and forth but u might wear the holes if u do it to the wood too much. (last statement sounded so wrong XD)

Quote:
Thanks for the great review. I am sold and am about to buy this along with a pair of the FA-011. My understanding is that you can swap the cups to the wood editions FA-002w cups. Could anyone comment on what the process is and how difficult it is to swap to the wood edition cups? Can you switch back and forth without destroying anything? Thanks! 

Oct 21, 2011 at 10:16 PM Post #2,045 of 3,047

Thanks Justie!
Quote:
swapping is very easy to do. all u need is a screwdriver. u wont destroy anything going back and forth but u might wear the holes if u do it to the wood too much. (last statement sounded so wrong XD) 

Oct 22, 2011 at 3:54 AM Post #2,049 of 3,047
not really. Some people are claiming a wider soundstage but personally i dont hear much of a difference. i would say go for w/e feels the most comfortable. in this situation i think comfort is more important than the 1% difference in sound the pads make. :)

Quote:
do you notice difference in sound quality between the 2 pads? the velour pad is thicker and it's pressing harder to my head.

Oct 24, 2011 at 8:18 PM Post #2,053 of 3,047
I just received my pair today. I must say that I am really enjoying their neutral voice and the clarity in the separation. I will have to take some time to burn them in and get a better feel of the soundstage. 
beyersmile.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back