Review: Fischer Audio FA-003 - a neutral champ!
Oct 15, 2011 at 10:42 PM Post #1,966 of 3,047
Hey,

how do they sound directly hooked up to a laptop jack? When playing mp3 files do they reveal many imperfections or they sound good? So are the headphones "forgiving" or a good source is required?

thx

They sound good straight out of a decent source. They get even better when amped, though. They are revealing headphones and do show imperfections.

Oct 16, 2011 at 10:49 AM Post #1,967 of 3,047

Quote:
For those looking to purchase these, you can find the new version being sold by Frogbeats. They seem to be a new company, located in Scotland, that's striving to offer some of the lesser known and rarer audio equipment. The current price is £109, €124.23, or $172.38. You can switch between GBP, EUR, and USD along the top right corner of the site. I am in no way affiliated with the company. I was merely looking through the closed headphones section and found LFF's review of the original FA-003. It piqued my interest, so I decided to attempt to find a reseller that had them in stock. However, as you must all know, Fischer as a brand does not carry wide distribution. I checked out TREOO and Bugden Audio, as well as GD AudioBase, before stumbling upon Frogbeats. I have ordered a pair and hope to have a listen soon! 
biggrin.gif

http://shop.frogbeats.com/fischer-audio-fa-003

They are also offering a 10% discount right now, as they are welcoming these new products. 
Discount code: NEWPRODUCTS10

It should drop the price to around £98.10, €111.80, or $155.14, not including the shipping cost. If you are shipping internationally, there is a flat rate of £8.50.

You can find more shipping information here: http://shop.frogbeats.com/shipping/

Here is their Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/wearefrogbeats

I have relatively solid confidence in this company, as they are listed as an authorized distributor on the Fischer site. http://www.fischeraudio.com/place.php

Big thanks for the tip as well!! I just placed my order and we'll see how the FA003 measures up against my K501, AD900 and HTF600!! 
biggrin.gif

EDIT: I notice they're selling the FA006 too but can't find any reviews or impressions on them online so I didn't take the risk. Anyone on HeadFi with experience with the new FA006?

Oct 16, 2011 at 2:07 PM Post #1,971 of 3,047
well i am currently looking for a pair of closed hp under 200$ and these model catch my attention
since i listen mostly rock i would like the sound to be a bit on the warm side rather than cold (monitor like)
waiting LFF to report on the new revision :)

Oct 16, 2011 at 4:05 PM Post #1,973 of 3,047

Quote:
EDIT: I notice they're selling the FA006 too but can't find any reviews or impressions on them online so I didn't take the risk. Anyone on HeadFi with experience with the new FA006?

wink_face.gif
Soon.....

Oct 16, 2011 at 5:39 PM Post #1,975 of 3,047
... Me, but just in time it seems :)

I wonder if Nildes is a little messenger bird from somewhere near Glasgow... 
rolleyes.gif

Oct 16, 2011 at 7:56 PM Post #1,976 of 3,047

Quote:
... Me, but just in time it seems :)

I wonder if Nildes is a little messenger bird from somewhere near Glasgow... 
rolleyes.gif

Rofl. I already stated in my original post that I am in no way affiliated with the company. I was just curious if their stock was depleted because I posted that it was available from them, or perhaps they didn't have a large supply to begin with. I can assure you that I am nowhere near Scotland, or even the UK. 
rolleyes.gif

Oct 17, 2011 at 3:37 AM Post #1,977 of 3,047
I notice they're selling the FA006 too but can't find any reviews or impressions on them online so I didn't take the risk. Anyone on HeadFi with experience with the new FA006?

Alexey from Fischer told me the FA-006s will be more for bassheads, if that helps you.

Oct 17, 2011 at 5:19 AM Post #1,978 of 3,047
Oct 17, 2011 at 2:38 PM Post #1,979 of 3,047

That's not what I am hearing at all.

Wait, you actually have a pair?

Anyway, before I had gotten in contact with Alexey, I was told that the 006s would be their flagship model from someone. I asked about that and he said:

FA-006s won't be a flagship for now. It is going to be model for bassheads. Maybe later, we'll tune and upgrade it, but we have more in our sleeve.

Obviously things could have changed, or gotten wrong. So we won't truly know until Fischer gets a pair to a reviewer. Perhaps they already have.

Oct 17, 2011 at 2:57 PM Post #1,980 of 3,047

Quote:
Wait, you actually have a pair?
Anyway, before I had gotten in contact with Alexey, I was told that the 006s would be their flagship model from someone. I asked about that and he said: Quote:
FA-006s won't be a flagship for now. It is going to be model for bassheads. Maybe later, we'll tune and upgrade it, but we have more in our sleeve.

Obviously things could have changed, or gotten wrong. So we won't truly know until Fischer gets a pair to a reviewer. Perhaps they already have.

LFF has a pair 
wink.gif

And no, they are most certainly not headphones for bassheads. They are studio monitor style. If there was any pair for bassheads in the headphone line up from FA it's the 011 and maybe the 004.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back