Review: Fischer Audio FA-003 - a neutral champ!
Feb 12, 2011 at 2:10 PM Post #766 of 3,047

Quote:
 Unfortunately, I had the same bad experience.  I ordered FA003 on January 16.  I called and spoke to Ethan Bugden (!) who assured me that the earphones had shipped the day after I ordered them, and they should arrive in a couple of days.  I called on Feb. 7th, left a phone message that they had not appeared, asking for a callback.  I have not heard from them and have cancelled the order.
Sorry to confirm you experience.  The only place I see this product as bein available is GD Audio, in  Russia!  Am I missing something?

Yes. They're only available from Russia...
It isn't that bad though... for $187 all-in,..

Feb 12, 2011 at 3:16 PM Post #767 of 3,047

Quote:
Quote:

@legodt thats good to know! wat other phones hav u tried btw?

The standard run; HD25-1 IIs, a bunch of Grados sets at demos, those lovely ATH M50s, and yeah, that is about it. Buy hey, still better than the two hundred dollar HD25s!

lol thats really a good info to know cuz basically fa-003 should be more than 200$ for their awesomeness?

edit: have you guys seen the FA-005?

Feb 12, 2011 at 3:35 PM Post #768 of 3,047
I can say that i had a little audition of FA-005 and these phones have been made for Dj's. They provides real club sound with powerfull bass and very dark sound. It is defintely another phones all the way compared to FA-003. Also, very well built and comfortable.

Feb 12, 2011 at 4:41 PM Post #772 of 3,047
Evidentially Bugden has really been hosing people...taking their money and not delivering the goods, at least without repeated emails and phone calls and threats of legal action. Totally unacceptable IMO. So far, GD AudioBase has been nothing but pleasant to deal with and I see not reason not to order from them...only downside is their payment option which is a little bit of a PITA but not bad really (I think they are working on that) and the fact they are in Russia so delivery time is not a fast as some may like, but the alternative isn't better, at least you will actually get your order from Russia.

Feb 12, 2011 at 4:50 PM Post #773 of 3,047

Do any of you have suggestions on 3,5 mm TS connectors that fit into the FA-002/3? 

As you FA-002/3 owners probably know, the TS connectors on both cable and headphone isn't standard type. The front part of the casing on the connector on cable is very thin with a bump that clicks into a type of lock when connected to the headphone, making it securely attached. I have found that regular sized TS connectors is just too big to fit into the headphone. This is beacause of the lock, and the fact that the connector itself is monted a bit within the headphone chassis. I'm not very good at explaining this intricate stuff in english, so I have taken some pictures for those who don't own this headphone themselves.

I'm bringing this up because I want to make a shorter cable.

Feb 12, 2011 at 5:05 PM Post #776 of 3,047

Quote:
Evidentially Bugden has really been hosing people...taking their money and not delivering the goods, at least without repeated emails and phone calls and threats of legal action. Totally unacceptable IMO. So far, GD AudioBase has been nothing but pleasant to deal with and I see not reason not to order from them...only downside is their payment option which is a little bit of a PITA but not bad really (I think they are working on that) and the fact they are in Russia so delivery time is not a fast as some may like, but the alternative isn't better, at least you will actually get your order from Russia.

that's odd. when i dealt with bugden 2 months ago when i bought my dba's, he delivered them promptly. i had to wait a month for the dba's to get in stock, but once they were in stock, he shipped out my headphones and i received them about a week later.

Feb 12, 2011 at 5:14 PM Post #777 of 3,047

Yes, the connector is 3,5 mm TRS including a screw on converter to 1/4 TRS.

Their FAQ says: "What payment system do you use to recieve payments? We use Moneybookers" and "Do you accept paypal? No, we don't accept PayPal at the moment". If you don't want to use moneybookers, send an e-mail and ask for alternatives. Maybe they will accept a regular transaction?

Quote:
One more thing, does it have a 3.5 mm output for iPod?

Feb 12, 2011 at 5:17 PM Post #778 of 3,047
Quote:
 Unfortunately, I had the same bad experience.  I ordered FA003 on January 16.  I called and spoke to Ethan Bugden (!) who assured me that the earphones had shipped the day after I ordered them, and they should arrive in a couple of days.  I called on Feb. 7th, left a phone message that they had not appeared, asking for a callback.  I have not heard from them and have cancelled the order.
Sorry to confirm you experience.  The only place I see this product as bein available is GD Audio, in  Russia!  Am I missing something?

Sorry to hear about your experience. The pair I ordered from Bugden arrived yesterday, but it sounds like I'm the lucky one... To recap my experience with Bugden, I ordered the FA-003s online on tuesday Jan 25th, didn't hear anything back, sent them an email on friday Jan 28th, and still didn't hear back. Then I saw a few posts about similar experiences on monday Jan 31st, gave them a call and talked to Ethan directly. He said they were very busy the last week and promised to ship my pair out the next day. He emailed an 'order complete' confirmation as promised tuesday Feb 1st, and the headphones arrived 11 calendar days later (8 business days according to Canada Post), from Western Canada to Honolulu.

I don't want to comment too much until burn-in is complete, but so far I'm very impressed, even straight out of a DAP without an amp. Listened to a few things by Cornelius, who is a benchmark of mine when auditioning. The vocals from the opening track of 69/96 gave me chills, and I actually heard something I've never heard before on the 5th track of Point. Even on very dense tracks like that one, everything maintains excellent separation. Texture was also very impressive, and a sound I previously thought of as 'generic percussion' I could clearly identify as a very particular wooden bell I remember from middle school band, who's name escapes me. 

Still sounds very much like a closed headphone - with that typical congested sound/feeling, and with a shallow sound stage very close to the head... but these things are inescapable in closed headphones. I was surprised to find the soundstage had a vertical element, with some sounds snaking along the bottom and others clearly at the top. In general, I'm very impressed with the way it renders clear detail while remaining musical. In my experience, that's the most difficult balance for a headphone to achieve. On that alone, this one's definitely a keeper, and I can't wait to see how the timbre changes with burn-in. 

Feb 12, 2011 at 5:26 PM Post #779 of 3,047

Quote:
Quote:

that's odd. when i dealt with bugden 2 months ago when i bought my dba's, he delivered them promptly. i had to wait a month for the dba's to get in stock, but once they were in stock, he shipped out my headphones and i received them about a week later.

Yeah...it's not everyone...but it has happened to a number of people...there is a whole thread in the portable section about it and it seems that more people are popping up with the same complaint. It's a shame too because Budgen had a great rep...I think he just got in over his head...hopefully he can make things right again in the future...however I for one am not taking the chance with my money at this point.

Feb 12, 2011 at 5:43 PM Post #780 of 3,047
In case you guys didn't know, ethan961 is Ethan Bugden.

http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/526977/shipping-time-range-on-bugdenaudio-com/60#post_7250363

Users who are viewing this thread

Back