Review: Fischer Audio FA-003 - a neutral champ!
Jan 2, 2011 at 10:13 AM Post #466 of 3,047

Quote:
Quote:
Legodt have they arrived yet. If the Russian tracking has left Russia you should get them soon

Rawrster - do you mean leather pads of velvet ones are more comfy. I have used velvet forhours and they soften up a little. Now trying leather ones. Both very good and comfy. Slight sound difference.

Which pads have better sound in your opinion?
Also, Export of 28 December 2010 14:44 ST.PETERSBURG PI-7 United States of America

You can use the tracking number from Russia and use it for USPS. Just go to the USPS website and type in the tracking number Demtry gave you. It should track :).

Jan 2, 2011 at 10:30 AM Post #467 of 3,047
Thanks a lot for that tip!
gs1000.gif

edit: "no record of this item" Must not be in America yet...

Jan 2, 2011 at 11:49 AM Post #468 of 3,047
Legodt. I found it took a 9 days after it left Russia to the UK. It was delivered before it showed up in the UK mail tracking system.

As to which cover. Very tricky and not decided yet.

Jan 2, 2011 at 6:59 PM Post #469 of 3,047

Quote:
Legodt have they arrived yet. If the Russian tracking has left Russia you should get them soon

Rawrster - do you mean leather pads of velvet ones are more comfy. I have used velvet forhours and they soften up a little. Now trying leather ones. Both very good and comfy. Slight sound difference.

It really depends on your ears. The pleather pads are more comfortable to me but after using the soft pads for so long I did not like the sound as much. The pleather pads are also closer to your ears and sound a bit different and don't clamp as hard as the soft pads. I'd like to get some pleather pads that sound more like the soft pads which is why I'm hoping someone can measure the oval thing that you put the pads on. I'll see if I can email some other manufacturers so see if it would fit but worst case scenario I'll make my own but don't really want to do that so hopefully something else fits.

Jan 2, 2011 at 7:06 PM Post #470 of 3,047
The pads fit on my M50, but I didn't like the sound, so it would be safe to assume the the M50 and Shure 840 pads should fit on the 003 plate. The DT250 pads fit the M50 as well I believe, so they might fit the 003 as well.

Quote:
Quote:

It really depends on your ears. The pleather pads are more comfortable to me but after using the soft pads for so long I did not like the sound as much. The pleather pads are also closer to your ears and sound a bit different and don't clamp as hard as the soft pads. I'd like to get some pleather pads that sound more like the soft pads which is why I'm hoping someone can measure the oval thing that you put the pads on. I'll see if I can email some other manufacturers so see if it would fit but worst case scenario I'll make my own but don't really want to do that so hopefully something else fits.

Jan 2, 2011 at 9:53 PM Post #471 of 3,047
Thanks. It gives me a place to start looking for some pads. I'm hoping to be able to find a ruler somewhere as I did like the J money pads for Denon but not sure if they will fit so I'll measure and then send a message.

Jan 4, 2011 at 2:26 PM Post #472 of 3,047
My pair was exported on the 23rd of Dec from St Petersburg and wound up in New York this afternoon. I'm guessing the holidays slowed down the process a little bit. Excited to hear them (hopefully) tomorrow!

Quote:
Quote:

Which pads have better sound in your opinion?
Also, Export of 28 December 2010 14:44 ST.PETERSBURG PI-7 United States of America

Jan 7, 2011 at 7:41 AM Post #475 of 3,047
legodt - when did it leave Russia , what date? I was told by Dmitry that it normally takes up to 14 days to the UK, although it took 9 days roughly. Bear in mind the Xmas and New Year holidays too. Have you emailed Dmitry yet. If you need his email, drop me a PM. 

Hopefully, they will arrive by weekend. 

Jan 7, 2011 at 7:54 AM Post #476 of 3,047
That is a good question, the most recent update nine days ago was "export to place of international shipping" with the destination of the United States. Perhaps the boat is a little slow?

Jan 7, 2011 at 6:30 PM Post #479 of 3,047
does anyone know how these compare with the DT880/600? I'm looking to start building a proper headphone setup (my current setup is not) and thinking of getting some headphones to go along with the FA-003. Normally I would audition them at a store nearby but the DT880/600 is something I can't judge the sound signature and how potential with what I can bring transportable or portable. With the other cans I'm thinking of getting (mostly Grado) I can do that.

Jan 7, 2011 at 8:29 PM Post #480 of 3,047
My FA-003s keep on sounding better and better, but recently I noticed that the headband started making some really annoying creaking sounds. It creaked before, but not as much. Now, it creaks all the time and it kinda drives me nuts a little when wearing them while walking, but even slight facial movements cause those sounds. Argghh! Any suggestions?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back