Review: Fiio E7
Jan 15, 2011 at 9:19 AM Post #346 of 548

Quote:
Is this just working plug and play for you guys?

I got the E7 today... and I plug it into my HP laptop with Windows 7.. and the drivers installed fine, It showed the DAC installing... but music still comes out of the speakers, not the E7.

Any ideas?

Did you connect your speakers to the 3.5 jack on the Fiio. I also disabled my sound card to make sure no interference although it may not be a requirement. The Fiio is definitely superior to the Xi-Fi sound cards from creative. I would like to learn how to connect my Z5500 speakers to it as well as I know they will sound way better than the  Xi-Fi :)

Jan 15, 2011 at 9:24 AM Post #347 of 548

Quote:
does anyone use this with a sansa clip and a Ok1?  id love to know how it actually amps off a sansa clip

It will work great with a Sansa clip as the clip has the same sound card as the Fuze (which I have) but that really doesn't matter as you want to connect the clip to the Fiio via (LOD) Line Out Dock which you can purchase from Fiio. That will allow you to bypass the amp on the Clip and only use the Fiios amp for best sound quality. Just make sure the Clip has the same plug the Fuze uses; the Sansa (LOD) works with the Fuze but I don't own a clip so not sure if the plugs are different. If they are compatible you will be in heaven. Just hope you got good headphones to fully utilize the magical Fiio lol. Sansa for the win.

Jan 15, 2011 at 4:57 PM Post #348 of 548

Quote:

Quote:
I just ordered the e7 and next month I will be ordering the e9. I honestly need to stop reading these forums. Every time I come on here I end up buying something. I hate you guys :)

I know don't you just hate them all lol. Creating audio junkies one at a time :wink:

Exactly. Same here :)) It's been only 3 weeks since i have discovered the form but I' ve bought ath m50 and ad700 and now am 1 click away from an e7 and sunrise sw-xcape combo order :)) Such a dangerous forum it is. But it goes without saying that i am so glad that i have discovered it.

Jan 16, 2011 at 10:31 AM Post #349 of 548

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
I just ordered the e7 and next month I will be ordering the e9. I honestly need to stop reading these forums. Every time I come on here I end up buying something. I hate you guys :)

I know don't you just hate them all lol. Creating audio junkies one at a time :wink:

Exactly. Same here :)) It's been only 3 weeks since i have discovered the form but I' ve bought ath m50 and ad700 and now am 1 click away from an e7 and sunrise sw-xcape combo order :)) Such a dangerous forum it is. But it goes without saying that i am so glad that i have discovered it.

Yeah I love my sennheiser IE8's in combination with the Fiio E7. I will definitely be getting the E9 later down the road when I can afford to. The bose IE2 are remarkably good with the Fiio as well.

Jan 16, 2011 at 11:27 AM Post #350 of 548

Quote:
Quote:
does anyone use this with a sansa clip and a Ok1?  id love to know how it actually amps off a sansa clip

It will work great with a Sansa clip as the clip has the same sound card as the Fuze (which I have) but that really doesn't matter as you want to connect the clip to the Fiio via (LOD) Line Out Dock which you can purchase from Fiio. That will allow you to bypass the amp on the Clip and only use the Fiios amp for best sound quality. Just make sure the Clip has the same plug the Fuze uses; the Sansa (LOD) works with the Fuze but I don't own a clip so not sure if the plugs are different. If they are compatible you will be in heaven. Just hope you got good headphones to fully utilize the magical Fiio lol. Sansa for the win.

I don't think one can get a line out signal with a Clip, unlike the Fuze. I'm not 100% sure on that, though.

Jan 17, 2011 at 11:15 PM Post #351 of 548
After reading through this thread, I feel soundly confident in my recent purchase of a HD 595's, E7 and L3. This is my first step into hifi and an awesome and noticeable upgrade from my HD 201's which I really enjoyed. I can't really review on the E7's since I'm totally new to all this, but I am very impressed and also enjoying all the new sounds and quality I didn't know was there. Songs just sound so much more better and clearer. I'm still in the burning-in stage and really stoked to know that it's only going to get better.
atsmile.gif

Jan 18, 2011 at 12:59 AM Post #352 of 548
Been enjoying my E7 since September and my E9 for a couple of weeks.

Thanks, Mr. Micca.  Looking forward to doing business with you all in the future.  1st class operation over there (I ordered both components from them).  Anyway, I have no complaints about either component.  DAC has hissing or background noise and is much clearer than my MacBook Pro's built-in soundcard.  It's significantly more powerful as well.  The only thing my E9 couldn't drive in my sig was the HD 650.  At max volume, it was at a comfortable volume level, but not couldn't get LOUD.  With the E9, the HD650's are driven on the LOW gain setting and at only half volume (dial at 11 o'clock or noon).

It's a great combo if you want a neutral dac and amp.  I that's what you're looking for, I wouldn't spend a dime more.  I, however, am now looking for something with a bit more color so I'm not quite finished with my Amp purchasing like I had hoped I would be.

Jan 18, 2011 at 1:19 AM Post #353 of 548

Quote:
DAC has hissing or background noise and is much clearer than my MacBook Pro's built-in soundcard.  It's significantly more powerful as well.  The only thing my E9 couldn't drive in my sig was the HD 650. 

A couple of typos there, "no hissing or background noise" and "E7 couldn't drive in my sig was the HD 650". You are welcome.

Jan 18, 2011 at 1:50 AM Post #354 of 548

Quote:
Quote:
DAC has hissing or background noise and is much clearer than my MacBook Pro's built-in soundcard.  It's significantly more powerful as well.  The only thing my E9 couldn't drive in my sig was the HD 650. 

A couple of typos there, "no hissing or background noise" and "E7 couldn't drive in my sig was the HD 650". You are welcome.

Cool, he scared me a little when he said the E9 couldn't drive his HD 650.

This might sound like a dumb question but who's the E9 for? Is it just more powerful or is the amplification also better? I have the E7 and I'm really satisfied. I would love to buy the E9 (because it looks cool and I love gadgets) but I wouldn't really know what to use it for.

Jan 18, 2011 at 3:02 AM Post #355 of 548
To make the FiioE7 work properly.Connect the FiioE7 before you switch on the laptop and it will work fine.Use it for 4Weeks as high as you can and you will find that the music becomes better.

Jan 18, 2011 at 3:44 AM Post #356 of 548

Quote:
Cool, he scared me a little when he said the E9 couldn't drive his HD 650.  
This might sound like a dumb question but who's the E9 for? Is it just more powerful or is the amplification also better? I have the E7 and I'm really satisfied. I would love to buy the E9 (because it looks cool and I love gadgets) but I wouldn't really know what to use it for.

I don't have E9, but I heard E9 has a better amp since it's a desktop amp. E7 + E9 are can drive anything basically, as well as many desktop amps that cost a few times more, as some people have mentioned. E9 is for headphones that have very high impedance (such as more than 200 ohm) and/or low sensitivity so they demand a lot of power to drive them properly. Otherwise, they will sound anemic.

Jan 18, 2011 at 6:17 AM Post #357 of 548
x2 bynekm's comments! oh, what a dangerouse place! but what a place! in my first few months I've emailled and met some great forum members and people in the trade and exchanged a christams cd with drclaw in mississippi! along with asgard ... c/a dacmagic ... ath-ad700 ... yuin pk3s ... and i've just pulled the trigger on an E7 with L3 LOD ... can't wait for the '5 days' delivery to complete
dt880smile.png
 thanks to everyone here for making head-fi such a great place 'to be'
popcorn.gif

rysiek 

Jan 22, 2011 at 8:49 AM Post #359 of 548

Quote:
I have bee running my E7 with the keylock from day one. I don't mind to wait for a while to unlocked it and access any function.  According to the system timer I have been using my E7 for 20 d 7 h 4 m. No sign of burn-in.

What do you mean by burn in? You mean the sound quality of eh E7 will improve with more use. If that's the case I will be running this baby 24/7 lol

Jan 23, 2011 at 3:13 AM Post #360 of 548

Quote:
To make the FiioE7 work properly.Connect the FiioE7 before you switch on the laptop and it will work fine.Use it for 4Weeks as high as you can and you will find that the music becomes better.

For Mac OS X there is this little free app called SoundSource. It helps switching between internal soundcard or any USB plugged device. Quite useful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back