[REVIEW] Feels Pro 900
Nov 19, 2011 at 3:25 AM Post #19 of 49

Quote:
Just thought I'd chime in, just bought these in Korea for 40000 won or usd 32, so quiet a value at that price

I actually just received these as part of the Feels Pro900 loaner tour and initial impressions are that they're pretty good for ~$70 USD. But for $32.. wow. Now that's great value. 

Nov 25, 2011 at 5:20 PM Post #22 of 49

Quote:
Just got them today. Quite rich and full for a single armature, but quite veiled and somewhat muddy sounding, lacking detail. Not as bad as the horrible s-Jays, though, considering both are supposed to be those Siren armature things. For the price they sure are nice.

The MeElectronic A151s are also siren based afaik. They all do sound roughly the same.

Nov 26, 2011 at 1:00 AM Post #23 of 49
Great review! I also had the opportunity to listen to these (before passing them on to dfkt) and must say that I was pretty impressed for the price. The only other Siren based IEMs I've heard are the PL50s and I'd say the Feels are noticably better. From their rather unusual full and rich sound signature (for BA), I'd almost be tempted to label them "poor man's SM3" (
ph34r.gif
), but needless to say there's a significant difference in detail, refinement and overall quality between these two.

Now, I'm not on top of things when it comes to other offers in this price range (haven't heard the A151s and such), but the 900s strike me as good value for the money. Of course they're nowhere near as clear and detailed as the $250 FAD heaven C, that I got with the same shipment from Dimitri, but that's not where they aimed at. While skipping through my collection of test tracks from various genres, I found no glaring weaknesses on these, except that their treble was a bit too grainy for my taste, to actually enjoy them with classical music. But with all other genres I tried they performed quite decently.

Nov 26, 2011 at 9:14 AM Post #26 of 49
Yep, PL50 is definitely Siren as I have took a look on the inside. Pro900 is probably Siren as well - I can't confirm it as I haven't look at the inside before, but it does sound very much like one (compared to A151 and SE777), plus the spec seems to comply to Siren's spec as well.

Nov 26, 2011 at 9:18 AM Post #27 of 49
So I just did the professional test procedure: I licked the spiked end of the Pro 900. I'm pretty sure it's real metal, not some fake chromed plastic. :)

New "Mini Siren" specs say they have a 6.4mm diameter (old regular Siren were 8.4mm, if I remember correctly) and a height/width of 4mm, to be used as a drop-in for dynamic driver housings and tooling machinery. Not sure that would actually fit into the tiny Pro 900 housing.

Nov 26, 2011 at 10:08 AM Post #28 of 49
As far as my memory goes, I always remember Siren being 6.4mm in diameter. PL50 and SE777 all have the 6.4mm driver.

Nov 26, 2011 at 6:03 PM Post #30 of 49

Quote:
So I just did the professional test procedure: I licked the spiked end of the Pro 900. I'm pretty sure it's real metal, not some fake chromed plastic. :)

New "Mini Siren" specs say they have a 6.4mm diameter (old regular Siren were 8.4mm, if I remember correctly) and a height/width of 4mm, to be used as a drop-in for dynamic driver housings and tooling machinery. Not sure that would actually fit into the tiny Pro 900 housing.

You licked it lol. Hey if that works. The other and slightly destructive way Ive used in the past is to heat a needle tip with a lighter and poke it. If it melts and smells bad it aint metal lol. Ive used that test on other things, not my headphones though. I think Ill try licking next time!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back