Review: Fashion vs. Function-Phiaton MS400, B&W P5, Monster Beats Solo, V-Moda Crossfade, Sony XB700, HD25-1
Feb 22, 2011 at 3:28 PM Post #153 of 187

Quote:
I like that line "enjoying the journey more than the destination" Im going to steal that from you heh.

Until recently, it was all about just experiencing all the best sets I could find or get my hands on.  The experience was pretty amazing as each set I have owned, spoke of or reviewed sounded different.  Secretly, it was all really for research purposes :)  

+1.  That's why newbie as MOI needs to take it slowly from budget cans then moving up. The upgrading mentality will never stop...Once you think you reach Audio Nirvana, there is always something else popping up.

What's 2010 the divorce rate ? Anyone have a guess.
ksc75smile.gif

Apr 7, 2011 at 7:06 AM Post #161 of 187
I agree with what's said about the HD25-1, although, I feel that the bass leaves something to be desired. Is it possible to boost that sub-bass rumble, or the overall weight a little with the right amp?

p.s. Not sure if that question is appropriate here, if not I can take it elsewhere.

Apr 7, 2011 at 1:50 PM Post #162 of 187
I don't generally these days walk around with an amp, so cannot answer exactly, however - I can say, using EQu on the iPhone4 (in 'safe' mode), and cranking up the bass a little bit does result in driver popping at high(ish) volumes...

...Now, I don't know if that is a limitation (clipping) of the iPhone internal amp, or if the HD25 themselves cannot handle excessive(??) bass... but, a heads up none the less!!

Quote:
I agree with what's said about the HD25-1, although, I feel that the bass leaves something to be desired. Is it possible to boost that sub-bass rumble, or the overall weight a little with the right amp?

p.s. Not sure if that question is appropriate here, if not I can take it elsewhere.

Apr 9, 2011 at 4:04 PM Post #163 of 187

Quote:

Check out the Digizoid ZO. I just got mine and I am in love with it. The ONLY amp I have found that increases the bass by a lot without ruining sound quality. It doesn't just have an on/off switch for bass, it has 32 'levels' of bass so you can find how much is perfect for you. Check it out.

Apr 25, 2011 at 5:15 PM Post #164 of 187
Phiaton ms400 owners, have you guys ever tried using the ms400s on a plane? If so, is the isolation enough to drown out the engine? Ill be going on a flight soon and I want to know weather or not its worth bringing my ms400s on the flight. Last time, I used m50s and they were terrible for the flight. I could barely hear my music. and I did not want to turn it all the way up because of the risk of hearing damage. So does anyone have any experience with ms400s and flights?

Apr 25, 2011 at 5:22 PM Post #165 of 187
I find the isolation to be about the same between the M50 and MS400. Maybe just a touch better with the MS400, but not appreciably. If you're looking to drown out engine noise, iems or maybe active noise cancellation are the way to go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back