REVIEW : DUNU DN1000 - Immensely Capable Hybrid IEM
Jan 5, 2014 at 10:59 PM Post #61 of 121
Wow, fantastic review! :D I love that y-split also.. Wow!

Jan 6, 2014 at 12:59 AM Post #62 of 121
Thanks lads - it really was a pleasure writing it, and the DN-1000 still occupies top spot for me at the moment.

95% certain that I'm selling the SE535 "Reds" sometime soon .....

Jan 6, 2014 at 12:13 PM Post #63 of 121
  Thanks lads - it really was a pleasure writing it, and the DN-1000 still occupies top spot for me at the moment.

95% certain that I'm selling the SE535 "Reds" sometime soon .....

Knew I wasn't crazy...

Got to demo a bud's SE535s a few days before the DN1000s came in and I thought I was out of my mind for thinking a triple BA that cost twice as much didn't hold a candle to the Dunus.

Jan 6, 2014 at 12:51 PM Post #64 of 121
  Knew I wasn't crazy...

Got to demo a bud's SE535s a few days before the DN1000s came in and I thought I was out of my mind for thinking a triple BA that cost twice as much didn't hold a candle to the Dunus.

You're not crazy. I pretty much feel the same way with respect to how the DN1000 competes favorably with the W4R at half the price.

Jan 7, 2014 at 7:29 AM Post #66 of 121
heh. i'm getting a metalic harsh tint to the highs and what looks to be excessive treble a-la H100 - on about 1/3 of my non-classical collection, but much more natural mids timbre than h100 (or h200). the bass is great I prefer it over H200.

so far playing with tips or spacer rings hasn't really fixed the treble though. it does improve it, but also lessens the isolation.(somehow i got a better fit and isolation of H200 with Tx500 tips. triple or double flange don't really fit me well with dn1000, but single large ones sit ok but don't isolate that great)

it's rather great unpacking these though. you keep taking things out of the package and there's more and more and more and more and more and more and more there.

Jan 7, 2014 at 7:54 AM Post #68 of 121
heh. i'm getting a metalic harsh tint to the highs and what looks to be excessive treble a-la H100 - on about 1/3 of my non-classical collection, but much more natural mids timbre than h100 (or h200). the bass is great I prefer it over H200.

so far playing with tips or spacer rings hasn't really fixed the treble though. it does improve it, but also lessens the isolation.(somehow i got a better fit and isolation of H200 with Tx500 tips. triple or double flange don't really fit me well with dn1000, but single large ones sit ok but don't isolate that great)

it's rather great unpacking these though. you keep taking things out of the package and there's more and more and more and more and more and more and more there.

I'll swap you ear drums svyr, I hardly hear any treble on mine, just some smooth transitions  in the background if I listen closely up there somewhere in the high frequency range.. I think one to many days abusing TF10's high end (or maybe H-100) have numbed any sensation of bright treble. 
tongue.gif
   Takes me a pair of Grados to enjoy treble these days.

Jan 7, 2014 at 7:56 AM Post #69 of 121

I'll swap you ear drums svyr, I hardly hear any treble on mine, just some smooth transitions  in the background if I listen closely up there somewhere in the high frequency range.. I think one to many days abusing TF10's high end (or maybe H-100) have numbed any sensation of bright treble. 
tongue.gif
   Takes me a pair of Grados to enjoy treble these days.

is tf10's treble more than even gr07??

Jan 7, 2014 at 8:01 AM Post #70 of 121

is tf10's treble more than even gr07??

I cannot give you a confident answer, it's been to long since I've heard GR07 MK2.

Going off very vague memory, I'll say GR07 MK2 is a little hotter upstairs, especially in it's early hours.

Jan 7, 2014 at 8:10 AM Post #71 of 121

I cannot give you a confident answer, it's been to long since I've heard GR07 MK2.

Going off very vague memory, I'll say GR07 MK2 is a little hotter upstairs, especially in it's early hours.

i like ur confidence anyways
wink_face.gif

Jan 7, 2014 at 9:21 AM Post #72 of 121
I'll swap you ear drums svyr, I hardly hear any treble on mine, just some smooth transitions  in the background if I listen closely up there somewhere in the high frequency range.. I think one to many days abusing TF10's high end (or maybe H-100) have numbed any sensation of bright treble. :p    Takes me a pair of Grados to enjoy treble these days.

:D i see. fair enough. Only thing with grados is - aside from the treble that seems to compensate for lack of treble in vynils - I'm not sure how you can tolerate the bass-response on them :) [after say hybrid iems]
especially if you boost the bass on H200 or DN1000 like I do :p

I tried eqing DN1000 now with Jetaudio in android and
for me there's something between 6-10k where if I eq it down 4-6db - I suddenly don't feel the urge to take them off anymore. (very similar feeling to why I disliked RDB 2v1 )
closer to 9-10k it sounds a bit 'excess but not painful' (-5db is good)... changing tips or spacers doesn't seem to help much (well, between 0 vs 1 red. 1 red + 1white it does but i lose isolation a lot then) :|

Jan 8, 2014 at 3:39 AM Post #73 of 121
biggrin.gif
i see. fair enough. Only thing with grados is - aside from the treble that seems to compensate for lack of treble in vynils - I'm not sure how you can tolerate the bass-response on them
smily_headphones1.gif
[after say hybrid iems]
especially if you boost the bass on H200 or DN1000 like I do :p

I tried eqing DN1000 now with Jetaudio in android and
for me there's something between 6-10k where if I eq it down 4-6db - I suddenly don't feel the urge to take them off anymore. (very similar feeling to why I disliked RDB 2v1 )
closer to 9-10k it sounds a bit 'excess but not painful' (-5db is good)... changing tips or spacers doesn't seem to help much (well, between 0 vs 1 red. 1 red + 1white it does but i lose isolation a lot then) :|

I'm only joking. 
tongue.gif
 I still have fairly decent hearing, only you'd be the first to find the treble harsh on the Dunu. The RDB 2v1 we had on tour, I can totally agree with it's hot stingy treble. but not  DN-1000. I find the treble rather smooth overall, I don't hear any harshness.. Not having a go out you mate as I wish this wasn't the case for you. I just don't hear them like that, more so like the others. Maybe stop EQing and try to allow some adjustment period?  I think you were quite sensitive to H-100's treble too yes? Terribly sorry to hear this for you.

Jan 8, 2014 at 5:35 AM Post #74 of 121

This is Dunu DN900 and DN1000. For my taste, i'm glad with the lower-coster =)) 

DN900 somehow is very well built, the most significant thing is the thick, sturdy box ( seems like a pelican box ) 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back