REVIEW : DUNU DN1000 - Immensely Capable Hybrid IEM
Aug 1, 2014 at 8:55 PM Post #107 of 121
  Actually, these are NOT Comply Foam Tips. These are knock-off tips. No bueno....

Thanks - have amended review.  If it's any consolation - probably because of the Dunus, I'm now using genuine Comply tips on most of my IEMs.  Just ordered (last week) 5 pairs each T400s and Tx400s in fact 
wink.gif

Aug 1, 2014 at 11:32 PM Post #108 of 121
  I can confirm that the DUNU tips are not Comply branded. However, I've been using them for a while now and they last quite well! I also use a bunch of Comply tips and most users won't tell much of a difference. 

When I tested both, the DUNU foam eatips and T-500 Comply foam tips, the T-500 sounds better, especially in combination with the silver spacer ring.

Aug 26, 2014 at 11:41 PM Post #110 of 121
  Damn, nice review!

Does anyone know how the DN-1000 compares to RBH EP2?

I'm stuck between choosing the two.

Thanks - appreciate it.  I haven't heard the the RBH EP2.  Funnily enough, you get not many hits on this site either - this is closest I got:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/686725/rbh-ep2-are-these-really-the-best-200-earphones/15

Joker reviewed the RBH EP1 (with reference to the EP2) and found it to be OK for price (8/10).  Joker's score on the DN-1000 was 9/10.

He really is the expert - but from what I've heard (and in your price range), I'd be considering the DN-1000 and/or Altone200 as best value choices for triple hybrids.

Although the DN-1000 is no longer my first choice, it still gets a huge thumbs up from me for stellar sound quality.

Sep 23, 2014 at 12:35 AM Post #112 of 121
I've been using the Pro Coppers for the last 3 years although not often. In the last couple of weeks I have pulled them out from storage and started using them again. I really like them however, after reading about the DN-1000's was wondering if they would be much of an upgrade from the Pro Coppers. Very tempted to pull the trigger on these. I was going to go for the SE535's but I like a little bass kick. I was also considering the UE900's but after the problems experienced by other Head-Fier's decided to give them a miss. Earsonics SM64 just out of my budget unfortunately.

So, would the DN-1000 be considered a substantial upgrade or should I just keep enjoying the pro Coppers.

Any suggestions most welcome.

Oct 5, 2014 at 12:15 PM Post #113 of 121
My cousin in canada just got dn-1000 and he and me both own pro coppers.

Based on our conversation its an absolute upgrade.

btw I own gr07 and brainwavz m3,had sony mh-1 too before breaking them.
Pro coppers are no match for gr07 except for better soundstage and awesome isolation.

In clarity,timbre,seperation,mids,highs it gets comprehensively bested and I listen to both almost everyday.Its almost useless for rock and classical but still enjoyable for pop and electronic music.

Now all the reviews out there rate dn-1000 above gr07 so I guess coppers are simply no match.

Let other members attest or detest what I said and deicde.

cheers

Nov 24, 2014 at 12:19 PM Post #114 of 121
My cousin in canada just got dn-1000 and he and me both own pro coppers.

Based on our conversation its an absolute upgrade.

btw I own gr07 and brainwavz m3,had sony mh-1 too before breaking them.
Pro coppers are no match for gr07 except for better soundstage and awesome isolation.

In clarity,timbre,seperation,mids,highs it gets comprehensively bested and I listen to both almost everyday.Its almost useless for rock and classical but still enjoyable for pop and electronic music.

Now all the reviews out there rate dn-1000 above gr07 so I guess coppers are simply no match.

Let other members attest or detest what I said and deicde.

cheers

Good comparison! I'm stuck between the GR07 Classic or the Dunu, would you go with the Dunu over Gr07 Classic?

Mar 21, 2015 at 7:12 PM Post #116 of 121
Damn, nice review!

I own the RBH EP1 but don't own the Dunu...yet:wink:. The RBH have some of the best treble I've heard and I've owned the Yamaha EPH 100, Sony xba h1, monster turbine, and a few pricy over ears. The only issue is I went through 5 pairs before I got one that worked. My first pair had balance issues where the left was louder than the right. Then I called them and they transfered me to Shane their engineer who designed them. He sent me a new pair that he personally measured. They were fantastic day until a month later on ear all of a sudden sounded drastically different. So they once again sent me another pair. On this third pair the y split was loose and one ear cut out unless you taped the cable in the right position so they sent me a fourth pair. This is all in one month granted. The fourth pair arrived and sounds like ****. The third pair that has the y split problem sounds sooooo great but that fourth pair sounds terrible in comparison. Its so drastically different that my wife can tell and she knows absolutely nothing about headphones and maybe only even uses headphones a few times a year. So this coming Monday I'm going to call them again and ask for another measured pair. Hopefully fifth times a charm. Normally I would give up but they just sound so damn good. Its a very dynamic fun signature with lots of bass that's very textured and tight but with also clear mids and fantastic treble. The texture and tone of the treble is unlike anything I've heard and its awesome. I know they use aluminum coils and its a 13mm driver which is quite big for an item. The fit is also fantastic. And the customer service is without a doubt the best I have ever encountered in my life. They shipped me new pairs before I even ever shipped the defective ones back. I had 3 pairs at once actually. So that's pretty amazing. I just think they have some serious quality control issues going on with those headphones. I'm sure they are tired of me at this point but all my issues are totally valid, and I'm hoping that on Monday they will once again send me another pair. I really do love the sound so its worth it to me since I've already spent the money. And this may just be a total fluke but I've heard one other review...which us hard to find on these...where someone else had balance issues. The good thing is they have a no questions asked 2 year warranty so if you do get duds then they will ship u out another pair very quickly. I'll update later as to how my 5th pair goes. I really hope I get a hood sounding pair that lasts.

Does anyone know how the DN-1000 compares to RBH EP2?

I'm stuck between choosing the two.

Sep 20, 2015 at 7:34 PM Post #117 of 121
I own both and with the proper fit tips, the Dunu offers a richer bass experience without compromise. Both are great at twice the price.

Nov 2, 2015 at 5:55 AM Post #118 of 121
Can you pls recommend me a proper tips and ring combination for bringing out the bass, i have upgraded from monster turbine original to dn1000 i really like the purchase so far..its just that i cant get the dunus to give enough bass.. I loved the low end of the turbines and i thought the dunus would be better overall inc the low end. What am i doing wrong? Also the dunus havent had enough burn in.. Probably only 2 hours of use..thanks for suggestion :wink:

Nov 2, 2015 at 2:07 PM Post #119 of 121
Can you pls recommend me a proper tips and ring combination for bringing out the bass, i have upgraded from monster turbine original to dn1000 i really like the purchase so far..its just that i cant get the dunus to give enough bass.. I loved the low end of the turbines and i thought the dunus would be better overall inc the low end. What am i doing wrong? Also the dunus havent had enough burn in.. Probably only 2 hours of use..thanks for suggestion :wink:

Despite what others say, I don't believe burn in changes them much if any.  I had a brand new pair side-by-side with an older pair and noticed no difference.  I haven't heard the Monster turbine - so I really don't know how much bass you were expecting.

With my own experience - the rings don't affect sound as much as claimed (YMMV).  Remember - the difference between each ring si not much more than 1mm in length.  Individual insertion each time will affect sound more.

My advice - make sure your tips are giving you a good seal - and experiment with them to see which gives best bass response.  You might have to tip roll quite a bit to get a perfect seal.  There is plenty of bass there (it is elevated above neutral).  If you get a good seal, and still not enough bass, my advice would be to try some EQ or maybe an amp with bass boost function.

Nov 3, 2015 at 4:40 AM Post #120 of 121
Hi there! Great review here and was just wondering if there might be people who could shed some light in my choice of IEM. I'm split between these DUNU DN1000s and the Sony XBA A2. Sadly, I don't think I can find a store to audition the DUNUs so I cannot compare for myself so I sought out to the community. I listen to all sorts of music: Pop, Pop Rock, Classical, Instrumental, Light Rock, Acoustic and finally Mellow. I am primarily looking for an IEM with clarity everywhere capable of producing good bass - not necessarily excellent. My research as narrowed me down to these two and I'd like to seek anyone's help with my predicament :) 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back