REVIEW: DARKVOICE 3322
Sep 29, 2009 at 8:07 AM Post #166 of 492
Godkin Thanks for this review. I've just ordered my 3322 at Boyier.com. Cant wait for it to arrive.

Surely it will drive my HD650 to whole new levels.
atsmile.gif

greetz,

Julian

Sep 29, 2009 at 9:05 PM Post #168 of 492
Quote:

Originally Posted by Godkin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
AS1 has answered your question, and his conclusions seem to back up what others have said: the 3322 (and for that matter the 332) is a better amp than the 336 (i and se).

On paper, the 336 and 3322 specs are similar, but they do not tell the whole story. The sound signatures of the amps are totally different: the 336 is more tube-like, euphonic, open and warm; the 3322 has more of the character of a solid state amp, with all the openess, but with better dynamism and bass control.

No reports of any humming issues, Battosai. Right form the off, mine was totally silent.

Then I know what will be my next purchase
tongue.gif

Sep 29, 2009 at 11:14 PM Post #169 of 492
Godkin, you definatly are one of the class acts on Head-fi and have been nothing but helpful in your responses in my threads. Thanks to you and others here I have made my first amp purchase, the 3322 and it arrives tomorrow. I am super excited to see how it effects my new AKG K 701 (also my first high end headphone). Thank you for everything and the informative review.

It seems that Darkvoice themselves has found value in your review as well as they have it posted in their forum as information about the 3322. Kinda funny that instead of posting specs about this fantastic amp they just post a copy of your review instead. Now that is good review writing there. :wink:

Sep 30, 2009 at 6:22 PM Post #171 of 492
Quote:

Originally Posted by Godkin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Looking forward to reading your impressions, AP3X.
k701smile.gif
Don't be quick to judge, however, the 3322 takes a LOT of burning in: at least 100hrs.

Looks like impressions are going to be delayed a bit. I have a customs delay. Apparantly my package was flagged for examination. 3-10 business day delay arghh!!

Would the pink noise generater be usefull in accelerating breakin because my AKG's are brand new as well so Im sure they could use some breakin too.

UPDATE: It already went through examination and as been checked through customs. Looks like I might get it this week afterall.

Oct 1, 2009 at 1:01 PM Post #172 of 492
Yes, they can help. I received something similar with a Cardas cable for my HD650s.

Personally, I like to let the amp or headphones burn in naturally, that way you can assess how the device changes and write a more accurate review.

Oct 1, 2009 at 4:20 PM Post #173 of 492
Hopefully getting my 3322 next week. that's just a guess because tracking number i got from boyier doesn't make any sense
wink.gif

I have been ordering tubes all over the world (most of them mentioned here). after burning the amp in i have to test for myself what i prefer.

so far i've ordered :

SVETLANA 6S19P-B
Ulynovsk 6S19-V(B)

SIEMENS 6AK5W
Mullard M8100
RCA 5654/6AK5Ws (black-plates)

No luck finding the 403Bs yet. (only for $50,-- a pair without shipping). compared to the others i think that is a bit much

anyone got some advice for me where to look for these?

greetz Julian

Oct 1, 2009 at 5:13 PM Post #174 of 492
Quote:

Originally Posted by Just Julian /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hopefully getting my 3322 next week. that's just a guess because tracking number i got from boyier doesn't make any sense
wink.gif

I have been ordering tubes all over the world (most of them mentioned here). after burning the amp in i have to test for myself what i prefer.

so far i've ordered :

SVETLANA 6S19P-B
Ulynovsk 6S19-V(B)

SIEMENS 6AK5W
Mullard M8100
RCA 5654/6AK5Ws (black-plates)

No luck finding the 403Bs yet. (only for $50,-- a pair without shipping). compared to the others i think that is a bit much

anyone got some advice for me where to look for these?

greetz Julian

I am in the same boat. Looking for the Ericssons but on ebay they are 24.99 each. Is that pretty much what they cost. The others where pretty cheap.

Oct 1, 2009 at 6:22 PM Post #175 of 492
Some great tubes there, Just Julian.
bigsmile_face.gif
The 403Bs are hard to come by, and they are expensive, but keep an eye out on E-Bay and you just may find a bargain.

Tube-wise, they are stunning, especially with the SVETLANA 6S19P-Bs; their clarity simply cannot be matched by any other tubes. However, if you are a bass freak and like heavy rock they are probably not for you: bass is a bit on the lean side.

Oct 1, 2009 at 8:41 PM Post #176 of 492
Damn, I already love this amp
biggrin.gif
Got it yesterday and have been listening all day long today
beyersmile.png

My HD650s already sound great with the amp. Great step up from driving them through the Apogee Duet as i did earlier. It will be damn interesting to see if burning the amp in will increase the sound even more
biggrin.gif

My first headphone amp and I really couln't be any happier atm. Ordering through Boyier went great aswell, well packed and it got here fast and safe
beerchug.gif

Oct 1, 2009 at 9:10 PM Post #177 of 492
Glad to hear everything is going well.
bigsmile_face.gif
And the frightening thing is, yes, it does get better: the sound will begin to mellow out a bit and open up, giving you more detail.

Oct 2, 2009 at 7:36 AM Post #178 of 492
Hey guys just getting back into head-fi after a month or so break of school work at moving into my new place.

I am interested in getting a DAC for my Darkvoice 3322 to replace my current upgraded Zero I currently have.

First off I wanted to ask for anyone opinions for a dac to go with the amp (I listen on a HD650). I have been leaning toward a Stello DA100 and was wondering if anyone has heard this or thinks they may pair well.

Secondly, I saw Godkin that you said the 403b is not for heavy bass, and was wondering what tubes would be better for bass as I currently have the 403b's installed and would like more bass in my music.

Oct 2, 2009 at 8:47 PM Post #180 of 492
Excuse my nubishness but I just received the 3322. Very well constructed device. I have a question though. What are the black covers over the rear tubes and how do I remove them to change the tubes out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back