REVIEW: DARKVOICE 3322
Oct 6, 2009 at 7:42 PM Post #197 of 492
Quote:

Originally Posted by Just Julian /img/forum/go_quote.gif
sure hope you guys are right about this holiday. cant stand the thought they might have lost it....

AP3X: how many hours you got on the amp yet? good to see you are starting to like to sound.

I believe I am about 30 hours now. I leave playing most of the day.

Boyier is in China as well I believe so you may have some difficulty getting a prompt response right now. I purchased from Boyier as well and although I did not get the communication I like he did ship quickly and I receive my package in a reasonable amount of time.

Oct 6, 2009 at 11:01 PM Post #198 of 492
Quote:

Originally Posted by AP3X /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I believe I am about 30 hours now. I leave playing most of the day.

Boyier is in China as well I believe so you may have some difficulty getting a prompt response right now. I purchased from Boyier as well and although I did not get the communication I like he did ship quickly and I receive my package in a reasonable amount of time.

I've been emailing them a week ago about my order and shipment. i can say i have no issues with their response time, usually the next day mainly because of the different timezone.

I've tried calling them and i can't recommend that to others
wink.gif
(emailing boyier is no problem at all)

Oct 7, 2009 at 3:49 PM Post #200 of 492
Nice!!! She is almost home!

Oct 8, 2009 at 6:28 PM Post #203 of 492
My darkvoice 3322 has arrived safely. Packaging from boyier.com was first class. no customs charged. it took about 1,5 weeks (delayed by chinese holiday)

First impressions: ow my god, it's beautiful. as for the sound i'm not going to comment now. i've just started a mp3DVD that i will keep on playing for the first 4 days. i will give it a proper burn-in time before i'll do some serious listening.

After the burn-in period i will give the stock tubes one try (1 or 2 minutes), and change em rite after. by then i'll have loads of better replacements (most of them i got in this week, and the others will arrive next week or so).

by the time i have found the tubes that fit my preferences the darkvoice will have to compete with my graham slee solo inc psu. I'm curious.

...... to be continued

Oct 8, 2009 at 8:01 PM Post #205 of 492
Quote:

Originally Posted by Just Julian /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My darkvoice 3322 has arrived safely. Packaging from boyier.com was first class. no customs charged. it took about 1,5 weeks (delayed by chinese holiday)

First impressions: ow my god, it's beautiful. as for the sound i'm not going to comment now. i've just started a mp3DVD that i will keep on playing for the first 4 days. i will give it a proper burn-in time before i'll do some serious listening.

After the burn-in period i will give the stock tubes one try (1 or 2 minutes), and change em rite after. by then i'll have loads of better replacements (most of them i got in this week, and the others will arrive next week or so).

by the time i have found the tubes that fit my preferences the darkvoice will have to compete with my graham slee solo inc psu. I'm curious.

...... to be continued

Congrats, I look forward to hearing your thoughts on it.

Oct 9, 2009 at 6:04 PM Post #206 of 492
.....23,5 hours later.

nothing special to report. the amp doesn't sound special. high notes triggering tears..... same as others before clamed, burn-in period is very important for the 3322. for now i just know the amp has great potential (by reading from earlier reviews), it just needs more time.

i will have to come back and write after more hours burn-in

Personally i really hate the blue leds. i will have to paint em black tonight.

Oct 9, 2009 at 6:17 PM Post #208 of 492
Quote:

Originally Posted by Godkin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah, it sounds pretty horrible, doesn't it?
redface.gif
That treble makes your ears bleed! But it'll mellow, and then the true appreciation can begin.

I know i have to be patient.

Oct 9, 2009 at 10:58 PM Post #209 of 492
Mine has mellowed out alot. Still has a bit to go but sounds reallly good now even with the stock tubes. Tubes I ordered still has not come in yet. Crazy!!

Oct 10, 2009 at 3:20 PM Post #210 of 492
....44hours and 45 minutes burn-in on my amp.

i can actually listen to my headphones now. sounds pretty good. the high's have tamed a bit and the bass got tighter now. burn-in will continue.

how long do new tubes take to burn-in normally? i'm not going to change em yet, i'm still waiting on both the SVETLANA and ULYANOVSK.
the ones i have got in now are: mullard 6ak5w(are these the same as the m8100???), mullard c4010, mullard m8100, siemens 6ak5w and the RCA 6ak5w.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back