[review/comparison] Phiaton showdown: MS 300 -vs- MS 400 -vs- PS 500
Aug 25, 2011 at 5:02 PM Post #91 of 102
My Phiaton MS 300 headphones plastic just cracked too while putting them on my head... and I'm quite gentle with them. The plastic near the right earphone's hinge cracked. They still work but now they sit lopsided on my head and I feel like it may fully crack any day now.

My product is still under warranty (got them in February) and I contacted Phiaton, but no one picked up their phone (even though it's business hours). I hope they respond to my email/voicemail very soon here... and that the support process isn't extremely time consuming.

I live on the east coast and they are based out of California, so I see bad things to come. I'd hate to be without my headset for an extended period of time...

Nov 27, 2011 at 7:00 PM Post #93 of 102
I didn't notice much change with the MS400, but the MS300 felt like it got punchier with amping. 

Dec 20, 2011 at 3:04 PM Post #94 of 102
To anyone considering uncovering the vents on their MS400, I just experimented with my own and found that it brought the mids forward and DRAMATICALLY decreased the bass.

I am curious about the prospect of adding more vents and covering, curious if this would increase bass impact.

Feb 24, 2012 at 4:51 PM Post #96 of 102
Reading your comparisons gave me the impression that the MS300 have a sound signature that I quite like. But then there's the build quality issue coming from a couple of the guys here. That's a shame. :\

In any case, how does the MS300 and MS400 sound compare to the CAL? And do their headband "jut" out or more head-form fitting?

Feb 24, 2012 at 11:01 PM Post #98 of 102
I've never heard the CAL but I've always thought it would be the phone I would get if my MS400 gave out and I didn't want to shell out the $200+ for them again.

Quote:
Reading your comparisons gave me the impression that the MS300 have a sound signature that I quite like. But then there's the build quality issue coming from a couple of the guys here. That's a shame. :\

In any case, how does the MS300 and MS400 sound compare to the CAL? And do their headband "jut" out or more head-form fitting?

Feb 25, 2012 at 2:33 PM Post #100 of 102
I never had any issues with the MS300 build quality.

The headband is more form fitted around the head.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back