REVIEW: B&W (Bowers & Wilkins) P5 Headphones
Jun 12, 2010 at 1:41 PM Post #286 of 375
Great ur a smart guy so be brave and tell him  to stop arguing with me for the same reasons...  thing you can do that???

Quote:
I believe Skylab himself stated that his opinion was just an opinion and nothing more. Heck he even urged people to try them for themselves to make up their own mind. If there's one thing I've learned from this hobby it's that different people hear differently. It's very subjective which makes it both an enjoyable and frustrating experience. What sounds outstanding to one person may sound like utter garbage to another. I'm really glad you like the P5s. Congrats on finding a sound sig that suits you. But arguing opinions will not get anyone anywhere or change anybody's mind. It's just pointless. It's like arguing that redheads are sexier than brunettes or blondes. It's simply personal preference there is no fact. Find what you like and don't worry about what others say.

Jun 12, 2010 at 1:43 PM Post #287 of 375
Nope you are being silly.. and a around in a silly circle you try to take us...lol  all in the name of ego driven humanity..

Quote:
That is exactly what you are being... Some people already said they liked those, and may have made some other people change their mind (e.g. rhythmdevils who may give those another ear), you already said all you had to say, others are just adding their impressions, people already know yours, so you're not putting anything more to this thread but "hatred" against you... Ok, no one can tell you to just stop, but you're being ridiculous, acting like this.... Just let it go, people know what they should think, not being told by anyone how it could be better for them if blah blah... Let it go man, you have proved your point

Jun 12, 2010 at 1:45 PM Post #288 of 375
well lets let you opinion be and lets let mine be.. there is nothing to argue about since arguing about opinions is silly .. good so now we can have peace..  im gona go on record and ask you to stop saying the P5s are bad etc..  you wont will you!? nope and and i wont stop saying tat they are good.. thats why we have wars on earth humans cant get along because no one like to submit or be subjugated..

Quote:
How, on earth, did you get that I "feel like my opinion is fact"???  Read my post again.  I *CLEARLY* stated that is is ONLY my opinion.  What I *DID* say is that mine offered a bit more basis for how it was formed than yours.  And that IS a fact (at least to this point).

What is also a fact is that this is *MY* review thread, and I have asked you before, very politely, to stop your endless cheerleading of the P5 in this particular thread.  You have your own review thread that you've written - please continue to post there, endlessly if you wish.  But everyone who has read, or who ever reads, your posts in this thread understands your position on the P5 quite clearly already.  Please stop continuing to try to belabor the point with more of the same posts HERE.  What you do in any other thread isn't any of my business, but I'd rather this thread not get endlessly long with you either piling on people who like them, or railing against people who don't.  especially since you have started to steer your rebuttals to personal attacks on me, which isn't called for.  Thank you.

Jun 12, 2010 at 1:56 PM Post #289 of 375
well i think that basic understanding of how high performance speaker drivers and other machinery (cars) work would make is common knowledge that a break in period is essential to ensure the peak efficiency of operation can be achieved without stressing the parts of the machine before they have had time to flex and stretch.  some mechanical products are broken in at the factory so that the consumer does not damage the item with improper early life usage.  this same logic applies to the P5s.

I remember back when i was a noob to all this, blowing a 15" cerwin vega 1500 watt woofer that i put in a fourth order band pass (no direct cone ventilation)  i was in a hurry to go to a show and only burned woofer in for 30 mins.  The speaker never reach peak excursion or dynamic range and after 5 hours or extreme spl usage i smelled smoke..lol

Quote:
Bump, to get an answer from gorgonmusic.

Jun 12, 2010 at 2:02 PM Post #290 of 375

Quote:
well lets let you opinion be and lets let mine be.. there is nothing to argue about since arguing about opinions is silly .. good so now we can have peace..  im gona go on record and ask you to stop saying the P5s are bad etc..  you wont will you!? nope and and i wont stop saying tat they are good.. thats why we have wars on earth humans cant get along because no one like to submit or be subjugated..

I'm asking you to do two things:

1. Stop repeating your opinion in MY review thread (I said plainly you can repeat it endlessly wherever else you want)

2. Stop your personal attacks and insults on me - something I have never done to you.

Jun 12, 2010 at 2:21 PM Post #291 of 375

Quote:
 im gona go on record and ask you to stop saying the P5s are bad etc..  you wont will you!? nope and and i wont stop saying tat they are good.. thats why we have wars on earth humans cant get along because no one like to submit or be subjugated..

Have to highlight this.

EDIT: There's civilized discussions and arguments, then there's this.

Jun 12, 2010 at 2:27 PM Post #292 of 375

Quote:
well i think that basic understanding of how high performance speaker drivers and other machinery (cars) work would make is common knowledge that a break in period is essential to ensure the peak efficiency of operation can be achieved without stressing the parts of the machine before they have had time to flex and stretch.  some mechanical products are broken in at the factory so that the consumer does not damage the item with improper early life usage.  this same logic applies to the P5s.

I remember back when i was a noob to all this, blowing a 15" cerwin vega 1500 watt woofer that i put in a fourth order band pass (no direct cone ventilation)  i was in a hurry to go to a show and only burned woofer in for 30 mins.  The speaker never reach peak excursion or dynamic range and after 5 hours or extreme spl usage i smelled smoke..lol

I understand your logic, but have you blind tested burn in, or got any links to prove such claims? 

You surely accept that the P5s are not to everyone's taste and so others are allowed to criticise their sound and even say they are 'bad' or 'rubbish', commonly understood descriptives.

Jun 12, 2010 at 2:59 PM Post #293 of 375
dude i never attacked you... you just feel attacked cause your ego is hurt.. you expect me to bow down and accept your rules..  its simply i will stop saying i love them i you stop saying you hate them..lol.  i kno i kno its not possible cause we are human...  dont get all upset we are just talking about headphones on the internet after all..  as long as we can pay our pills every month i think we will be ok right!?

Quote:
I'm asking you to do two things:

1. Stop repeating your opinion in MY review thread (I said plainly you can repeat it endlessly wherever else you want)

2. Stop your personal attacks and insults on me - something I have never done to you.

Jun 12, 2010 at 3:09 PM Post #294 of 375
You surely accept that the P5s are not to everyone's taste and so others are allowed to praise their sound and even say they are 'great' or 'fantastic', commonly understood descriptives.

and...

here is an explanation in the importance of break in for mechanical devices.

http://www.audioholics.com/education/loudspeaker-basics/speaker-break-in-fact-or-fiction

more...

http://www.ehow.com/how_6392084_break_in-bmw-engines.html

Quote:
I understand your logic, but have you blind tested burn in, or got any links to prove such claims? 

You surely accept that the P5s are not to everyone's taste and so others are allowed to criticise their sound and even say they are 'bad' or 'rubbish', commonly understood descriptives.

Jun 12, 2010 at 3:23 PM Post #295 of 375
I'm not sure which is more surprising, Gorgonmusic, that you don't realize that your last reply to me is offensive, or that you actually believe that you are capable of having any impact on my "feelings".

But since you either don't read my posts, or you choose to ignore them, I'm finished having any dialog with you, and you can turn my review thread into as much of your own bully-pulpit as you'd like.

Jun 12, 2010 at 3:34 PM Post #296 of 375
.... oh booo.. you hate them i love them all this other stuff is too complicated..

Quote:
I'm not sure which is more surprising, Gorgonmusic, that you don't realize that your last reply to me is offensive, or that you actually believe that you are capable of having any impact on my "feelings".

But since you either don't read my posts, or you choose to ignore them, I'm finished having any dialog with you, and you can turn my review thread into as much of your own bully-pulpit as you'd like.

Jun 12, 2010 at 4:14 PM Post #298 of 375
There's always going to be someone who defends a product (s)he owns relentlessly and there's no way to stop that. Reminds me of expensive cable and other crap discussions. :-/

Anyway, thanks for your effort Skylab.

Jun 12, 2010 at 4:19 PM Post #299 of 375
you are soo right there will be those who love it and those who hate it and the person with more supporters, rank, seniority, followers or power will will "win"  and in this case that is skylab

Anyway thanks for xnor for showing his allegience

Quote:
There's always going to be someone who defends a product (s)he owns relentlessly and there's no way to stop that. Reminds me of expensive cable and other crap discussions. :-/

Anyway, thanks for your effort Skylab.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back