[REVIEW] Aurisonics ASG-2 & 2.5 (with many comparisons)
Apr 14, 2020 at 9:49 AM Post #7,008 of 7,021
Yes i tried it with my Little Dot. Still the same.
Ok i removed the Sony Hubrid tips and i tried the Comply T500 and the Sssssssssss is gone! Not completely though but way better.
Sony tips suck and you must be a young guy.

Apr 10, 2024 at 10:11 AM Post #7,015 of 7,021
Sory for refresh

Why this IEM was discontiuned?
Is there any IEM that can rival this?

Apr 10, 2024 at 10:32 AM Post #7,016 of 7,021
Sory for refresh

Aurisonics got purchased by Fender, who binned the ASG line and eventually moved away from working with Dale (Aurisonics main man).

Dale Lott is now designing and making iems with a company called Spear Labs - they have a basshead model called the ASL 4.5, which is a successor of sorts to the ASG 2.5, with a 14mm DD and apparently plenty of that crazy bass. Not heard it myself, but it's on my bucket list of IEMs as the ASG 2.5 were my first real audiophile purchase, and still have a special place in my heart.

As far as other brands that do huge bass, I can see you've already got FatFreq on the radar, but you might want to check out the Nightjar Duality or any of the various basshead models from IMR Acoustics, if you cab find them in the second hand market.

Apr 10, 2024 at 10:38 AM Post #7,017 of 7,021
Aurisonics got purchased by Fender, who binned the ASG line and eventually moved away from working with Dale (Aurisonics main man).

Dale Lott is now designing and making iems with a company called Spear Labs - they have a basshead model called the ASL 4.5, which is a successor of sorts to the ASG 2.5, with a 14mm DD and apparently plenty of that crazy bass.

I cannot find them anywhere, the are availible in europe? i have scarlet mini now but i wonder if ASL 4.5 got better and bigger bass xD

Apr 10, 2024 at 11:04 AM Post #7,018 of 7,021
Sory for refresh

Like Jackpot77 said, they were bought by Fender. The fender lineup isn't far off from the original, but definitely different. I was a big fan of ASG at the time, and purchased a few models to compare to the one's being "replaced" by Fender (Kicker to the FXA2 for example). I don't think I have any ASG models left, but I do have the FXA2 and the FXA7... and one other I can't remember. In my opinion Fender made small refinements to each model, but the ASG was overall more relaxing. A certain charm I guess.

...they have a basshead model called the ASL 4.5, which is a successor of sorts to the ASG 2.5, with a 14mm DD and apparently plenty of that crazy bass. Not heard it myself, but it's on my bucket list of IEMs as the ASG 2.5 were my first real audiophile purchase, and still have a special place in my heart.

As far as other brands that do huge bass, I can see you've already got FatFreq on the radar, but you might want to check out the Nightjar Duality or any of the various basshead models from IMR Acoustics, if you cab find them in the second hand market.

I had no idea, the ASL 4.5 is something I should look into. As for FatFreq, I briefly had the maestro Mini. I liked them, but traded up. The only IMR I had was the R1 Zenith, sold a few months ago actually... Truly unique bass rumble that was super clean, but the rest was wonky. Never really considered the new stuff.

bassfreak93, assuming you like the Scarlet mini, not sure you would like the ASG 2.5 as they got overly bassy very quick. If you had or want to try Aurisonic, try getting something from the fender lineup. The FXA7 was the best one of the one's I tried, while the FXA2 was best value... I may list mine, collecting dust.

Apr 10, 2024 at 4:27 PM Post #7,019 of 7,021
@daveyostrow

Just searching what IEM could have top tier bass both quality and quantity + good mids and treeble.

FATfreq Grand Maestro ?​

Empire Ears Legend X ?​

There is also some iem around 4,5k dollars that have so strong bass that u can feel it on your ear bone, dont remember name.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back