[REVIEW] Aurisonics ASG-2 & 2.5 (with many comparisons)
Jun 16, 2014 at 8:26 AM Post #4,981 of 7,021
Nice, hope you finally find what you're looking for

Jun 16, 2014 at 9:29 AM Post #4,982 of 7,021
Thanks man.

The fact that I really enjoyed the asg1 other than the disruptive shouty mids I think I will be happy.

I will be testing it out with iPhone(Neutron Player,AudioSigGen), Sony X Walkman & silicon TF10 tips that worked really well with asg1.

Can someone recommend some equ. Settings worth trying to get best out of asg2. I'm quite happy to use equ.
I read somewhere that someone managed to get it equ'd to sound similar to 1plus2 but couldn't find the posting.

Jun 16, 2014 at 5:57 PM Post #4,983 of 7,021
Looking to audition & possibly buy ASG2.0 tomorrow. Very excited.

:)

Awesome, man!! Truly a killer little IEM IMO. If you enjoy it half as much as I've enjoyed mine, you'll go home with a pair for sure :wink:.

Jun 17, 2014 at 9:52 AM Post #4,985 of 7,021
Ive had both, and love both. I liked asg2 mids better, I really enjoy aurisonics vocals. Subbass and treble go to jvc, treble is soo detailed. Midbass is about even. Comfort/fit is why I kept asg2 over jvc. I wear my iems at work and in gym. Asg never slips or gets uncomfortable. The design of jvc is large, which if sitting still was fine, but slightest bump of cable and I had to readjust

Jvc is an excellent iem, and sound wise I may even prefer to asg2 (not by much), but when combined with comfort, asg2 won

Jun 17, 2014 at 1:16 PM Post #4,986 of 7,021
Looking to audition & possibly buy ASG2.0 tomorrow. Very excited.

smily_headphones1.gif

Where from in the uk if you don't mind me asking, or is it a private sale?

Jun 17, 2014 at 5:14 PM Post #4,988 of 7,021
Just curious really, didn't think a website in the uk had these in stock (like musica acoustics does) and just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything!

Jun 20, 2014 at 8:25 AM Post #4,990 of 7,021
Since i've gotten my ASG-2's not too long ago (about a month ago), I'm still switching between the stock bi-flange and single-flange tips to see which one gives me the sound I like most. After switching many times over the past month or so, I've made several observations with the bi-flange and single-flange tips. The bi-flange seems to make the overall sound of the ASG-2 brighter and airier, sometimes even sibilant on more poorly recorded tracks, which can cause fatigue to my ears after extended listening. On the other hand, the single-flange makes the overall sound darker, and less fatiguing to listen for extended periods of time. However, the bi-flange seem to have a positive impact on the bass IMO; it makes them sound tighter (not by a significant amount, but it's noticeable). Instruments and vocal separation is slightly improved with the bi-flange (probably because of the tighter bass) but vocals sound slightly thinner. The bi-flange sounds more energetic and lively with the increased treble it gives, while the single flange sounds more musical with its darker tone. On the single-flange vocals sound more forward, whereas using the bi-flange vocals tend to stay behind the bass with the treble (sometimes behind it on brighter tracks) but is slightly better separated from instruments. I'd say the sound from using the single-flange probably is closer to what Aurisonics had intended (less sibilant, more forward vocals, darker). For now I'm sticking with the single-flange, since the the bi-flanges hurt after a while and I find the bi-flange can be overly sibilant and thus fatiguing at times. All IMO. What do you guys think?

Jun 20, 2014 at 9:40 AM Post #4,991 of 7,021
  Since i've gotten my ASG-2's not too long ago (about a month ago), I'm still switching between the stock bi-flange and single-flange tips to see which one gives me the sound I like most. After switching many times over the past month or so, I've made several observations with the bi-flange and single-flange tips. The bi-flange seems to make the overall sound of the ASG-2 brighter and airier, sometimes even sibilant on more poorly recorded tracks, which can cause fatigue to my ears after extended listening. On the other hand, the single-flange makes the overall sound darker, and less fatiguing to listen for extended periods of time. However, the bi-flange seem to have a positive impact on the bass IMO; it makes them sound tighter (not by a significant amount, but it's noticeable). Instruments and vocal separation is slightly improved with the bi-flange (probably because of the tighter bass) but vocals sound slightly thinner. The bi-flange sounds more energetic and lively with the increased treble it gives, while the single flange sounds more musical with its darker tone. On the single-flange vocals sound more forward, whereas using the bi-flange vocals tend to stay behind the bass with the treble (sometimes behind it on brighter tracks) but is slightly better separated from instruments. I'd say the sound from using the single-flange probably is closer to what Aurisonics had intended (less sibilant, more forward vocals, darker). For now I'm sticking with the single-flange, since the the bi-flanges hurt after a while and I find the bi-flange can be overly sibilant and thus fatiguing at times. All IMO. What do you guys think?

Nice point you've brought up, I am rolling few bi-flange on my pair now after watching your post. I switch between different tips from time to time as well in order to see the differences. I guess not only the material, shape & size of the tips will affect the sound but in fact it also alters depth of insertion thus the distance between the driver and our eardrum.

I think the point you've made is quite true at certain degree, at least it is to my ears. It sounds more spacious and the whole spectrum has been shifted towards the higher ends. However, I haven't encounter any sibilance yet. But that's only my little piece of opinion.

Another thing I've noticed is that the stock cable of the ASG 2.5 actually is quite good in terms of sound quality. Initially I modified an Oyaide cable for my pair at the very beginning and left the stock one behind. After a while I was curious enough to check out the stock one, turns out I prefer the stock cable's presentation better. It sounds much wider and airy than the Oyaide and the vocal is just......so addictive and sweet.
etysmile.gif

Jun 21, 2014 at 12:33 PM Post #4,992 of 7,021
Nice point you've brought up, I am rolling few bi-flange on my pair now after watching your post. I switch between different tips from time to time as well in order to see the differences. I guess not only the material, shape & size of the tips will affect the sound but in fact it also alters depth of insertion thus the distance between the driver and our eardrum.

I think the point you've made is quite true at certain degree, at least it is to my ears. It sounds more spacious and the whole spectrum has been shifted towards the higher ends. However, I haven't encounter any sibilance yet. But that's only my little piece of opinion.

Another thing I've noticed is that the stock cable of the ASG 2.5 actually is quite good in terms of sound quality. Initially I modified an Oyaide cable for my pair at the very beginning and left the stock one behind. After a while I was curious enough to check out the stock one, turns out I prefer the stock cable's presentation better. It sounds much wider and airy than the Oyaide and the vocal is just......so addictive and sweet.:etysmile:  

Have you tried out the Ortofon tips? These are highly recommended and is probably one of the best tips for ASG.

Jun 21, 2014 at 12:44 PM Post #4,993 of 7,021
Have you tried out the Ortofon tips? These are highly recommended and is probably one of the best tips for ASG.

+1. Fave tips I've heard thus far. 

Jun 21, 2014 at 1:02 PM Post #4,995 of 7,021
Fav tips here too.  I've been debating whether to try other tips as the ones I have now are getting old.  Anybody have a US source for these or we all going to Japan to get them?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back