[REVIEW] Aurisonics ASG-2 & 2.5 (with many comparisons)
May 21, 2014 at 8:51 AM Post #4,921 of 7,021

According to Jarben's Hong Kong website, the ASG 2.5 now comes in frosted RED as well
eek.gif

May 22, 2014 at 7:20 AM Post #4,924 of 7,021
What aftermarket cable can i get for asg2.5 which are on their way?
Cheers

Fiio & Oyaide cables with 2 pins connectors works fine on ASG 2.5 as long as you are willing to do little handy work on the connectors. Reasonable price and quality.

The original connectors of the stock cable of ASG 2.5 are also hand filed as well, so not sure if there is any difference of the socket between ASG 2 & ASG 2.5.

Of course there are always better choices other than these two such as Toxic Cables and stuff. Hope this helps.

May 22, 2014 at 7:29 AM Post #4,925 of 7,021

According to Jarben's Hong Kong website, the ASG 2.5 now comes in frosted RED as well
eek.gif

Wow! Any idea as to how much they cost?

May 22, 2014 at 8:39 AM Post #4,926 of 7,021
Fiio & Oyaide cables with 2 pins connectors works fine on ASG 2.5 as long as you are willing to do little handy work on the connectors. Reasonable price and quality.

The original connectors of the stock cable of ASG 2.5 are also hand filed as well, so not sure if there is any difference of the socket between ASG 2 & ASG 2.5.

Of course there are always better choices other than these two such as Toxic Cables and stuff. Hope this helps.

Thanks,ill see if i like them first,then might ask Ted Allen to make one.
Are they westone type?

May 22, 2014 at 8:42 AM Post #4,927 of 7,021
May 23, 2014 at 11:14 PM Post #4,930 of 7,021
I've had my asg-2 for approximately 1 week. I love the sound from these headphones. For the record, I love bass and I'm new to this hobby. I have 3 pairs of nice phones. These, Heir 8.a, and tralucent 1+2. Dollar for dollar, asg gives me the most value. To me, they are very close to being the best. I do prefer the Heir, but not by much at all. 1p2, although very clear, lacks the bass I desire. To me, it's a distant 3rd. I'm still learning so forgive my pathetic attempt of an impression. I just wanted to share how absolutely amazing these sound. I haven't used my Heir 8.a until today, that's how incredible the ASG sounds to me. It's a definite keeper.
I am also ordered the Ref1 from tralucent and will be ordering the K10 from Noble. I'm a little concerned that they won't sound as good as this. By far, a bargain compared to my other IEMS.

May 23, 2014 at 11:17 PM Post #4,931 of 7,021
So.... Anybody ever hear what the cost would be to upgrade the ASG-2 to the 2.5? They might not have the pricing figured out just yet, but it's worth asking. I think... :wink:

May 23, 2014 at 11:22 PM Post #4,932 of 7,021
I've had my asg-2 for approximately 1 week. I love the sound from these headphones. For the record, I love bass and I'm new to this hobby. I have 3 pairs of nice phones. These, Heir 8.a, and tralucent 1+2. Dollar for dollar, asg gives me the most value. To me, they are very close to being the best. I do prefer the Heir, but not by much at all. 1p2, although very clear, lacks the bass I desire. To me, it's a distant 3rd. I'm still learning so forgive my pathetic attempt of an impression. I just wanted to share how absolutely amazing these sound. I haven't used my Heir 8.a until today, that's how incredible the ASG sounds to me. It's a definite keeper.
I am also ordered the Ref1 from tralucent and will be ordering the K10 from Noble. I'm a little concerned that they won't sound as good as this. By far, a bargain compared to my other IEMS.

Been kinda following your posts and subsequent enthusiasm in the REF 1 thread warrior. Rather surprised by how much you enjoy the G-2. I've still kept my pair after all this time, and every single time I become convinced that a new pair of phones I've got would utterly destroy the G-2, I pop em on and alway come away surprised by how engaging, and non fatiguing of a listen the G-2 provides. Really looking forward to what AS has in store, and I'm not referring to the 2.5...

May 23, 2014 at 11:33 PM Post #4,934 of 7,021
Been kinda following your posts and subsequent enthusiasm in the REF 1 thread warrior. Rather surprised by how much you enjoy the G-2. I've still kept my pair after all this time, and every single time I become convinced that a new pair of phones I've got would utterly destroy the G-2, I pop em on and alway come away surprised by how engaging, and non fatiguing of a listen the G-2 provides. Really looking forward to what AS has in store, and I'm not referring to the 2.5...

I would absolutely purchase something they made in the future. It's my perfect signature, I'd like just a little bit. ore with the highs, but to me they sound absolutely amazing... Now, that last sentence, sounds like you know something? If so please do share.

I have the ASG-2 and I bought a DHC silver Litz cable and it took these bad boys to a new level.

I'm waiting on a TWAU V3 for, my Heir but I'm considering adding a nice cable for these as well. I really like the cable from my 1p2, feels much better to me. it's the upgraded gold one. my first upgraded cable, and just for the feel and look I'd gladly buy a nicer cable, regardless of sound improving.

May 23, 2014 at 11:36 PM Post #4,935 of 7,021
So.... Anybody ever hear what the cost would be to upgrade the ASG-2 to the 2.5? They might not have the pricing figured out just yet, but it's worth asking. I think... :wink:

I'd be interested for sure, as long as it doesn't lose what perfection it has. I haven't read much about these yet, anyone can share the difference between the two?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back