[REVIEW] Aurisonics ASG-2 & 2.5 (with many comparisons)
May 14, 2014 at 5:28 PM Post #4,891 of 7,021
I get the feeling that Rin kinda hates everything. His measurements and mods are certainly useful but I question whether he actually listens to the phones in question or allows the measurements to taint his opinions. In any case, while no phone is exactly perfect, his criticism tends to override any positivity (if any) he's able to offer. Even Purrin, who did measure the G-2, and noted issues in the FR, had an overall favorable impression of them.

May 14, 2014 at 5:52 PM Post #4,892 of 7,021
I get the feeling that Rin kinda hates everything. His measurements and mods are certainly useful but I question whether he actually listens to the phones in question or allows the measurements to taint his opinions. In any case, while no phone is exactly perfect, his criticism tends to override any positivity (if any) he's able to offer. Even Purrin, who did measure the G-2, and noted issues in the FR, had an overall favorable impression of them.

Well to be fair Purrin's measurements looked a lot better. Rin's really were up with the worst I've seen personally. But we know he had a defective pair. And I while I do agree he can come off unnecessarily harsh, he does admit when he's shown to be wrong, as with the MH1. If he would re-measure the ASG-2 and it was shown to be improved, I've no doubt he would rescind his previous comments. 

May 14, 2014 at 7:56 PM Post #4,893 of 7,021
I charge. I require your signature in writing that you will provide me with 22 digi hugs on demand 24/7/365. I may provide you holidays if the first digi hug is of high quality. You must also release me from any liability of bodily injury :3

here goes your 366 digi hugs, take the extra one as bonus
wink.gif

May 14, 2014 at 8:22 PM Post #4,895 of 7,021
@Sarurururu You should swap out to some aftermarket cables too!
smily_headphones1.gif
Even a Fiio cable brings about positive changes when compared to the stock cable.
smily_headphones1.gif

I took out the stock cable yesterday and found the connectors are hand shaved down in order to fit the socket, so I'm gonna try doing the same on my Oyaide cable when I'm free this weekend
biggrin.gif

May 14, 2014 at 9:02 PM Post #4,897 of 7,021
  Yes true. I meant it as a good thing. I have had the ASG2 since release, and have been a pretty big fan of the sound. So what I am saying is, if someone has never even listened to the ASG2 and jumped to the ASG2.5, the difference he is hearing from the 2.0 to 2.5 is absolute and not relative to our ears. Us current ASG2 owners cannot really take his 2.5 review into account because the ASG2 sounds exactly as he described the ASG2.5.

Yeah, I wish I had both to compare. I heard the 2.0 for a really short time back in February but don't remember enough to compare. What I have received is a sample for auditioning from Aurisonics authorized dealer here in Korea. They said they have sent me the 2.5 but on the warranty card it just says ASG-2 and the date on it is January 2014...so I'm kinda skeptical. Is there any other way to know which ones I really have?

May 14, 2014 at 9:07 PM Post #4,898 of 7,021
Yeah, I wish I had both to compare. I heard the 2.0 for a really short time back in February but don't remember enough to compare. What I have received is a sample for auditioning from Aurisonics authorized dealer here in Korea. They said they have sent me the 2.5 but on the warranty card it just says ASG-2 and the date on it is January 2014...so I'm kinda skeptical. Is there any other way to know which ones I really have?

Thought they got rid of frost for the 2.5?

May 14, 2014 at 9:11 PM Post #4,899 of 7,021
That looks exactly like the ASG2 frosted version. Sarurururu posted a photo earlier on and the ASG logo appears different. Seem like the G2.5 doesn't have carved in logo and more to a printed logo. Can't be sure though..

May 14, 2014 at 9:18 PM Post #4,900 of 7,021

Jon, contact Aurisonics. They will tell you whats up. 

May 14, 2014 at 10:31 PM Post #4,902 of 7,021
I thought the newer models from aurisonics have their logo painted regardless of the shell color. Makes me think its ASG 2 but i wouldnt be 100% sure

May 14, 2014 at 11:01 PM Post #4,903 of 7,021

Jon, contact Aurisonics. They will tell you whats up. 

I thought the newer models from aurisonics have their logo painted regardless of the shell color. Makes me think its ASG 2 but i wouldnt be 100% sure

I also think it's the ASG-2 but can't be 100% sure either. Sent an email to Zach, he will no for sure because he's the one that sent them to the dealer here in Korea.

May 15, 2014 at 9:54 AM Post #4,904 of 7,021
@Sarurururu You should swap out to some aftermarket cables too!
smily_headphones1.gif
Even a Fiio cable brings about positive changes when compared to the stock cable.
smily_headphones1.gif

Can't wait until weekend, Oyaide + ASG2.5, done!
Bass has been tighten up and treble becomes more prominent. Cable impedance is also lower I believe since it sounds louder than the stock cable. Pacing is faster as well.

May 16, 2014 at 5:03 PM Post #4,905 of 7,021

Where did you buy the cable?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back