[REVIEW] Aurisonics ASG-2 & 2.5 (with many comparisons)
Feb 7, 2014 at 11:01 PM Post #4,516 of 7,021

Well, did you feel that mids were recessed ?

I still feel that S-EM6 has rather forward mid presentation just like their other product, and while my ears are not perfect I don't think I make mistake on this part.
I am saying this now A/Bing with my SM64.

Also, CotniJoe is saying hi hat is completely gone,,, totally impossible...

average_joe seems to be very satisfied with his replaced unit and I am looking forward to reading his full review soon.

Mids recessed? Did you even read my impressions of the S-EM6?

I'm sure he was slightly exaggerating.

average_joe's was replaced with a possibly retuned version.

Feb 7, 2014 at 11:10 PM Post #4,517 of 7,021
I def believe that the sem6 is meant to be mid centric, like many earsonic iems. Honestly tho eke, what i heard is much more dramatic than what i expected from ur impressions. I can see people saying its too dark and treble is recessed... But this is RECESSED recessed.

Either way i definitely agree with eke's ears 200% on this. His argument for this particular set of sem6 being pretty low performing for the price is completely right. Nothing he said is wrong and i doubt very few would disagree if the heard it.

Lets just sit tight and see what carlsan has to say about the sem6 and who knows...

Feb 7, 2014 at 11:39 PM Post #4,518 of 7,021
I def believe that the sem6 is meant to be mid centric, like many earsonic iems. Honestly tho eke, what i heard is much more dramatic than what i expected from ur impressions. I can see people saying its too dark and treble is recessed... But this is RECESSED recessed.

Either way i definitely agree with eke's ears 200% on this. His argument for this particular set of sem6 being pretty low performing for the price is completely right. Nothing he said is wrong and i doubt very few would disagree if the heard it.

Lets just sit tight and see what carlsan has to say about the sem6 and who knows...

I got it. Possibly you are all hearing things right on your particular S-EM6 !!!

The only remaining argument must be if the unit you all are testing has defect or not.

When talking about defect, you can read in S-EM6 thread but it seems Earsonics is admitting they could have had QC issue in their earlier batch.

This kind of information also makes me wonder but if this is true,,, come on Earsonincs prove yourself this is not my problem really :)

Or may be they are not caring that much on how people talk on internet ?
hmm that is fine enough and possible because they already have reliable customer base in France.

In ordinary sense nobody makes RECESSED recessed thingy but I don't know.

Feb 7, 2014 at 11:48 PM Post #4,519 of 7,021
Again... I suggest that we just wait it out and see what carlsan has to say. Or maybe once he gets the sem6 back. He said the sem6 was very good to his ears. If he gets it back and its the same sem6, then obiously this is the way theyre meant to be and they were just meant to be tuned in such an unorthodox manner. If its diff, well mystery solved

Feb 7, 2014 at 11:48 PM Post #4,520 of 7,021
The S-EM6 could definitely be damaged, stranger things have happened... But it's also possible, tyojpn, that that's just how they're supposed to sound, and you happen like how they sound-- and that's perfectly fine. You aren't wrong for liking what you like :wink:

Feb 7, 2014 at 11:52 PM Post #4,521 of 7,021
I would say props to that... But when ur literally missing an entire chunk of the frequency range... I find it hard to believe amyone can like it. Parts of the song are practically missing

Feb 7, 2014 at 11:53 PM Post #4,523 of 7,021

Unless another owner would like to send me a loaner pair, I've said exactly what I heard from the S-EM6.

Again, it's not the entire treble. There's a very deep dip from 4.6kHz to 7kHz. It's still audible, but very recessed compared to the surrounding frequencies.

Feb 8, 2014 at 12:07 AM Post #4,524 of 7,021
  The S-EM6 could definitely be damaged, stranger things have happened... But it's also possible, tyojpn, that that's just how they're supposed to sound, and you happen like how they sound-- and that's perfectly fine. You aren't wrong for liking what you like :wink:

Oh yes, thank you ! On internet so many things are getting applause and criticism at the same time...
I will never feel like becoming IEM engineer to make one myself, it's just too difficult :)

Feb 8, 2014 at 12:11 AM Post #4,525 of 7,021

Unless another owner would like to send me a loaner pair, I've said exactly what I heard from the S-EM6.

Again, it's not the entire treble. There's a very deep dip from 4.6kHz to 7kHz. It's still audible, but very recessed compared to the surrounding frequencies.

I see, if I could create a graph using my own S-EM6(this is current Crystal Ver.) things will be clarified but
I can't at the moment.

Feb 8, 2014 at 12:18 AM Post #4,526 of 7,021

I see, if I could create a graph using my own S-EM6(this is current Crystal Ver.) things will be clarified but
I can't at the moment.

If you have a smartphone, there should be some decent tone generators on the app store of whatever OS flavor you prefer. Run some sweeps between 1k and 10khz and let us know what you think.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back