[REVIEW] Aurisonics ASG-2 & 2.5 (with many comparisons)
Aug 19, 2013 at 3:57 PM Post #2,956 of 7,021
There is only 1 company that makes the epic style removable stock cable for all iems manufacturers, so if a ciem company wants fancy cables, the cost and stock times for bulk quantity are greatly increased. It just isn't feasible for most to offer anything different.

Also my understanding is that this 1 company knows they have a corner on the market and are a serious pain to do business with. Westone, Earsonics, JHA, UE, Aurisonics, FS, etc all use this same company. This is why some are looking to develop there own cables, so they can implement more options and more tech, from wire type, to wire count and various connector options that have previously not been available in stock form.

Aug 19, 2013 at 4:12 PM Post #2,959 of 7,021
James, no need for bias, just borrow my C3 and BH amp with silver copper IC, there is some material stored on it you can listen to or i can copy your files to it.
I would be curious to hear what you say after hearing this.

Or if you wish you can have my Rwak with T1 and Uber IC for a few days :)

Aug 19, 2013 at 4:21 PM Post #2,960 of 7,021
Well, I was intently listening for differences and heard none. Are you serious about wanting me to listen with an expectation bias?

Hopefully not...

Guys couldn't fit explain some of the differences between two listening sessions? The ASG-2 is very sensitive to fit depth/angle, and it's not guaranteed that fit is exactly the same between two insertions. It would be easy to mistake this for cable differences, and it makes a lot more sense.

Aug 19, 2013 at 4:25 PM Post #2,961 of 7,021
Hopefully not...

Guys couldn't fit explain some of the differences between two listening sessions? The ASG-2 is very sensitive to fit depth/angle, and it's not guaranteed that fit is exactly the same between two insertions. It would be easy to mistake this for cable differences, and it makes a lot more sense.

I had very intensive listening sessions, doubt that could be just because of fit. Cables were swapped two times and each time some subtle but audible differences were apparent. I am sorry, either my ears are stupid or there is something.

As a matter of fact even small interconnects make difference, i can give James BH amp with stock cable and fat silver copper, would be surprised if he does not hear difference :)

Aug 19, 2013 at 4:33 PM Post #2,963 of 7,021
James, I take it you used a Hi-Res file (must be 384/32) for your test. If you didn't, I'm afraid I can't take your findings seriously.

Aug 19, 2013 at 5:02 PM Post #2,964 of 7,021
Quote:

Well, I was intently listening for differences and heard none. Are you serious about wanting me to listen with an expectation bias?

No, I was only joking. I guess I should stop watching all those deadpan humo(u)r comedians, or at least not try to joke like that using text.

Hopefully not...

It's entirely possible, but it would be unlikely for the exact same differences to manifest every time I switch the cables. I know the cable made a difference for this reason...

When I had the StageDiver 3, I A/B'ed it with the ASG-2 w/ stock cable to make things "even". When I used the Tralucent cable on the G2, I found that it removed too much bass impact for my liking when comparing with the SD3. I tested this again and again. Believe me, I'm a trained scientist 
tongue.gif
. I don't immediately trust the first results until they are confirmed by multiple follow-ups.

Like I said earlier, I don't think the effect of the cable is worth that much money. I do understand the cost of the materials, cost of labor, and need for profit though. Still, it amounts to a very elaborate EQ system when it works. BUT, there seems to be no rhyme or reason to when/how people hear a difference.

Aug 19, 2013 at 6:16 PM Post #2,965 of 7,021
No, I was only joking. I guess I should stop watching all those deadpan humo(u)r comedians, or at least not try to joke like that using text.

It's entirely possible, but it would be unlikely for the exact same differences to manifest every time I switch the cables. I know the cable made a difference for this reason...

When I had the StageDiver 3, I A/B'ed it with the ASG-2 w/ stock cable to make things "even". When I used the Tralucent cable on the G2, I found that it removed too much bass impact for my liking when comparing with the SD3. I tested this again and again. Believe me, I'm a trained scientist 
tongue.gif

. I don't immediately trust the first results until they are confirmed by multiple follow-ups.

Like I said earlier, I don't think the effect of the cable is worth that much money. I do understand the cost of the materials, cost of labor, and need for profit though. Still, it amounts to a very elaborate EQ system when it works. BUT, there seems to be no rhyme or reason to when/how people hear a difference.

Makes sense. I bet Rin would be able to find the cause if differences do exist.

Aug 19, 2013 at 6:50 PM Post #2,966 of 7,021
And I am back in action!
Just got back and have the G-2 in my ears, or any IEM, after 5 days. My ears kind of feel refreshed actually haha.
Anywho...

James, you just ruined my expectation bias by not hearing any difference with the Tralucent S/G cable. Great. I have nothing to go on now. Thanks a lot. >__< I'm even doubting my perceptions of the G-2 with the Quickstep at this point lol. But, we'll see in a few days I guess.

Also, that Indigo Girls song, digging it.

And,
I too would loooove to see measurements with different cables. Not just FR but impulse, distortion, CSD, the works.

Wait, music_4321, you've got an ASG-2 on hand? When did this happen? Did I imagine reading that?

Aug 19, 2013 at 7:05 PM Post #2,967 of 7,021
Muzak is havin a go at Eke's. And I should be steppin into his domain when the K3003 arrives. Strange times we live in...

Aug 19, 2013 at 7:13 PM Post #2,968 of 7,021
Hey thanks for the recommendation! Is this a silver plated copper cable? Any idea how it might change the sound? :)

Silver plated copper. Yes, I have an idea on what might change.

You might experience a wider soundstage, you might experience better separation and slightly crisper edge on tonality and vocals, there's also a possible chance of extracting more detail and better bass texture. Be warned though the cable I linked does have some cable noise, if you're out and about or jogging it may be become a problem..I guess cables are something you need to try yourself and see what you think, I think I personally hear a difference. If you want other cheaper options take a look at some of sunrickys cables, though I still had best results with the SPC I linked you.

Here's the cable on TF10 sporting major sex appeal, as the eBay photo does not do it justice.

Aug 19, 2013 at 7:35 PM Post #2,969 of 7,021
Muzak is havin a go at Eke's. And I should be steppin into his domain when the K3003 arrives. Strange times we live in...

So the s*** has hit the sparrow and you've become idsynchrono_cross. Ok.

James, no need for bias, just borrow my C3 and BH amp with silver copper IC, there is some material stored on it you can listen to or i can copy your files to it.
I would be curious to hear what you say after hearing this.

Or if you wish you can have my Rwak with T1 and Uber IC for a few days :)

As a matter of fact even small interconnects make difference, i can give James BH amp with stock cable and fat silver copper, would be surprised if he does not hear difference :)

Damnit James, you should have known that your rig couldn't generate the 1.21 gigawatts needed to properly run the Tralucent S/G cable.

Now go find some Libyans.

Aug 19, 2013 at 8:00 PM Post #2,970 of 7,021

Users who are viewing this thread

Back