[REVIEW] Aurisonics ASG-2 & 2.5 (with many comparisons)
Jul 22, 2013 at 7:27 PM Post #1,891 of 7,021
Quote:
I'd think that's normal. They're IEMs after all, not earplugs.

I don't have a single pair of IEMs that can block out the typing on my macbook with no music on... not even my atrio's which are inserted pretty deep.

Guess I've been away from my se535 for longer than I thought and starting to remember things that never were =\

Jul 22, 2013 at 7:29 PM Post #1,892 of 7,021
Currently trying them with ports at full blast. I believe eke last said he preferred the v GR07 to the BE. I could go either way atm but full blast on the G2 might just be pushing it. I'm liking how it came more then full blast but will keep at it. Onward then.... more music awaits.

Jul 22, 2013 at 8:09 PM Post #1,893 of 7,021
Quote:
Currently trying them with ports at full blast. I believe eke last said he preferred the v GR07 to the BE. I could go either way atm but full blast on the G2 might just be pushing it. I'm liking how it came more then full blast but will keep at it. Onward then.... more music awaits.

New iem's. New avatar. New lease on audio life!
beerchug.gif

Jul 22, 2013 at 11:34 PM Post #1,896 of 7,021
OK! Wow... the bass port... I decided to see what it could do... I put on Lindsey Sterling and set the bass port to max... I'm not sure if I should be impressed or scared. I'mma go ahead and put the bass port back to being just a hair open... 

Jul 22, 2013 at 11:41 PM Post #1,897 of 7,021
Some things I noticed.

Key
Arrow color: description

Red: a row of lines.
Green: they are not the same color. One looks to be closer to red and the other orange.
Orange: some screws look black and others look more of a brass color. The top screw on the left piece looks rusted.
Pink: the dot is not recessed, a bit deformed.

Another angle.

Thought it might be glare at first but it is not. It was not painted correctly.

Do the QC1-3 on the right stand for Quality Control Checks?

Edit: Sorry if the ip4 camera doesn't represent how it looks in person. Don't have access to a better camera atm.

Jul 22, 2013 at 11:55 PM Post #1,898 of 7,021
The red is orangish. Though mine are the same colour (as in the colour matches). I think the red just had an orange base to it or something. I'm not sure. Mine are certainly red though, but with an orange tinge to it. 

As for the rest... Well, they are hand painted and hand assembled. I can't expect absolute perfection. My set didn't have any of those issues though (other than the lack of the indentation, but that may have been for production speed or for production accuracy). There was one area of uneven paint though, but it's not something serious enough I'd get in a tizzy over. 

Edit: Yes: QC stands for Quality Control checks as far as I know.

Jul 23, 2013 at 12:03 AM Post #1,899 of 7,021
What a nice surprise! Didn't expect to receive these today... but it is smaller than I saw from earlier pics?

Jul 23, 2013 at 12:28 AM Post #1,900 of 7,021
Quote:
What a nice surprise! Didn't expect to receive these today... but it is smaller than I saw from earlier pics?

Looking forward to your impressions and any comparisons you'll bring to the table [and eye candy too, eye candy definitely]

I'm working on my write up now. I'm gathering songs and such so I can be more detailed than my ASG-1 review. These deserve something more. 

Jul 23, 2013 at 1:14 AM Post #1,905 of 7,021
I gotta be honest, if I had the spare cash I'd have sprung for the black rhodium. But alas, those cosmetic changes are 'spensive. 

The chrome looks awesome though. Thanks for the eye candy. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back