REVIEW: ACS custom tips + SENNHEISER IE8
Apr 21, 2009 at 5:31 PM Post #151 of 369
Quote:

Originally Posted by ajmiarka /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm looking at getting custom sleeves from ListenHere for my IE8s. Would be cheaper than ACS here in the states.

ListenHear - Custom Earmolds for Headphones

Has anyone ordered from them before? Getting my impressions done on Wednesday and hope to get the order in by the end of the week.

Keep us posted. I would do it in a second from a vendor within the U.S. with good rep.

Apr 21, 2009 at 11:14 PM Post #152 of 369
Quote:

Originally Posted by smallcaps /img/forum/go_quote.gif
just paid for my acs sleeves over the phone. they told me that they could not make it clear with black tint for me so i asked them to make them solid black instead. almost cracked on the silver glitter tho
wink.gif

That is so not true. Talk to Stacy the CS rep. and cry for "transparent black"
evil_smiley.gif

Apr 21, 2009 at 11:26 PM Post #153 of 369
Quote:

Originally Posted by Del Griffith /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Keep us posted. I would do it in a second from a vendor within the U.S. with good rep.

Will do. Hopefully they will have a quick turn around. I'll update this thread once I receive them.

Apr 21, 2009 at 11:32 PM Post #154 of 369
Quote:

Originally Posted by ajmiarka /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Will do. Hopefully they will have a quick turn around. I'll update this thread once I receive them.

Thanks...I sent them an email today myself. They replied an asked for my address to give me some audioligists in my area.. I'll Keep posted. Gotta make sure I get everything right as in over the ear etc. Have to look back over this thread.

Apr 26, 2009 at 2:55 AM Post #157 of 369
I'm getting a pair made next week but wanted to ask how the cable down compares to cable up, as natively the are meant to worn cable up, but for me the cable on the right keeps jumping out from behind the ears so I'd prefer cable down.

Apr 26, 2009 at 3:21 AM Post #158 of 369
few advantages for cable-up from my personal opinion:

1. Less strain on the ear canal
2. way less microphonics
3. looks better, instead of weird driver housing sticking out
4. cable-down has slighty bloated low-end just like inserting them far in with universal tips.

I would suggest cable up.

Apr 26, 2009 at 10:49 AM Post #159 of 369
thanks a lot for the advice

Apr 27, 2009 at 5:38 PM Post #160 of 369
ListenHear has received my impressions and said they looked good. Should be about a week turn around time. The cost of the custom sleeves includes FedEx ground shipping. That was a nice surprise. If they are able to keep the week time frame, I should have them by next Monday.

Apr 28, 2009 at 9:08 PM Post #165 of 369
Quote:

Originally Posted by smallcaps /img/forum/go_quote.gif
just got my tracking number from TNT and my acs sleeves should be on the way... just in time for my 1 month north american trip! anyone in toronto or nyc want to do a mini-meet (or just have some beers) let me know
smily_headphones1.gif

I will see what I can do for the mini-meet.
wink.gif

There should be few others member who should have recieved the custom tips during these two weeks.

Once they heard it, we'd never hear from them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back