REVIEW: ACS custom tips + SENNHEISER IE8
Apr 19, 2009 at 12:39 PM Post #136 of 369
I've managed to get some shots, but I do apologise for the quality, as I've only my camera phone to take them with.

dsc00092ghm.jpg

dsc00087wse.jpg

dsc00085bbg.jpg

After a few more hours with them, I am very glad that I decided to take the plunge, as they have enhanced my listening experience with the W3's all round.

As you will see, the do encase the housing a little, but they don't protude much at all and the red colour looks better than I had hoped.

Comfort is a big improvement as well, perfect isolation and as I said before, I forget that I have them in after a couple of minutes.

Thanks to ottoyu34, who's reviews and opinions pushed me over the edge and I'm extremely glad that I did and so is my old man, who has just ordered a voucher for a pair with his Triple.fi's.

Apr 19, 2009 at 3:24 PM Post #137 of 369
Looks great! Im glad that you liked them.

Lucky, you're close to them.

Apr 20, 2009 at 2:35 PM Post #139 of 369
Quote:

Originally Posted by ajmiarka /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm looking at getting custom sleeves from ListenHere for my IE8s. Would be cheaper than ACS here in the states.

ListenHear - Custom Earmolds for Headphones

Has anyone ordered from them before? Getting my impressions done on Wednesday and hope to get the order in by the end of the week.

me..but yet to receive them though..

Apr 20, 2009 at 2:44 PM Post #140 of 369
Quote:

Originally Posted by bossnass15 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
me..but yet to receive them though..

How long ago did you order? Or I guess, what did they say their turn-around time would be? Definitely would like to hear your impressions.

Apr 20, 2009 at 3:52 PM Post #141 of 369
Quote:

Originally Posted by ajmiarka /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How long ago did you order? Or I guess, what did they say their turn-around time would be? Definitely would like to hear your impressions.

Double that. I want to hear impressions about that maker.
tongue_smile.gif

Apr 20, 2009 at 4:44 PM Post #142 of 369
Those custom tips looks ugly ^_^

Apr 20, 2009 at 6:00 PM Post #144 of 369
It's a bad sign or something.

Anyone who recieves there custom tips reports back once which positive impressions and drifts away ( with the great sound maybe).. ?!?

Apr 20, 2009 at 6:18 PM Post #145 of 369
Quote:

Originally Posted by Vladimir_F1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Those custom tips looks ugly ^_^

They look far better than those feeble pictures portray mate and they do sound superb.
wink_face.gif

Apr 20, 2009 at 6:32 PM Post #146 of 369
Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Kev /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They look far better than those feeble pictures portray mate and they do sound superb.
wink_face.gif

Any impressions so far?

Apr 20, 2009 at 7:26 PM Post #147 of 369
Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Kev /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've managed to get some shots, but I do apologise for the quality, as I've only my camera phone to take them with.

After a few more hours with them, I am very glad that I decided to take the plunge, as they have enhanced my listening experience with the W3's all round.

As you will see, the do encase the housing a little, but they don't protude much at all and the red colour looks better than I had hoped.

Comfort is a big improvement as well, perfect isolation and as I said before, I forget that I have them in after a couple of minutes.

Thanks to ottoyu34, who's reviews and opinions pushed me over the edge and I'm extremely glad that I did and so is my old man, who has just ordered a voucher for a pair with his Triple.fi's.

Glad you like them, did you go for ACS due to the posts on avforums, if so why not post there as well - for the UK folk.
wink.gif

Steve

Apr 20, 2009 at 8:01 PM Post #148 of 369
Quote:

Originally Posted by ottoyu34 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Any impressions so far?

Not being an experienced audiophile, all I can do is to reiterate my previous comments about the perfect isolation and comfort and the overall improvement in the sound, from bass to treble and it being a great investment, which has transformed the W3's from a great set, into a superb set of phones.

As I also stated earlier, the camera phone doesn't do them justice at all, they are a great looking, vivid red coloured set of moulds that complete my set up perfectly.

Quote:

Originally Posted by StevieDvd /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Glad you like them, did you go for ACS due to the posts on avforums, if so why not post there as well - for the UK folk.
wink.gif

Steve

I went by what you posted in there, but mostly because of the experience of ottoyu34, who actually used ACS.

I do see your point though and will post in there tonight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back