REVIEW: ACS custom tips + SENNHEISER IE8
Apr 17, 2009 at 5:31 PM Post #122 of 369
They realise the mistake and remade new ones for free. I kept the old ones.

The new ones has less strain on the ear canal from the cables. The only thing I feel is the cable which wraped under my chin.

I tried to use stock bi-flange just to compare the sound. They hurted after like 10mins.

There's always a small learning curve putting customs in. Once you get used to it. It will be second nature. I usually take my time to insert correctly, remove is effortless.

You got your pair?

Apr 17, 2009 at 6:13 PM Post #124 of 369
If I tirm off the surrounding silicon(was designed for IE8), it could fit more IEMs.

I tried to put my old A-T on it, it stayed on just for a picture.

You better post a pic too, what colour did you chose?

Apr 17, 2009 at 7:04 PM Post #125 of 369
My ACS cutom tips arrived today, impressions so far, i'm really impressed. Good snug fit and seems to isolate better than the foamie type tip i was using. Also seems to improve sq a little.

I went for the black tips and they look lush!

turnaround was quick, had impressions done 2 weeks ago today, that includes a bank holiday weekend.

Apr 17, 2009 at 7:13 PM Post #126 of 369
Quote:

Originally Posted by McCol /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My ACS cutom tips arrived today, impressions so far, i'm really impressed. Good snug fit and seems to isolate better than the foamie type tip i was using. Also seems to improve sq a little.

I went for the black tips and they look lush!

turnaround was quick, had impressions done 2 weeks ago today, that includes a bank holiday weekend.

Pics please
biggrin.gif

Apr 17, 2009 at 7:37 PM Post #127 of 369
here's a couple of pics, sorry they are not brilliant but i usually leave camera's to the other half.

p1010295r.jpg
[/IMG]

p1010290w.jpg
[/IMG]

Apr 17, 2009 at 7:44 PM Post #129 of 369
Quote:

Originally Posted by walkingman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That looks brilliant. I am aching to try this out, but can't seem to justify myself...!

I was the same but my partner has bought them for my birthday, she wouldnt stretch to full customs
bigsmile_face.gif

Apr 17, 2009 at 8:54 PM Post #130 of 369
wow! very nice in black. looks like stealth bomber pilot earphones
cool.gif
now i am really excited to get mine. i mailed them my impressions a week ago so i hope they get them soon. i asked them to make mine clear with black tint but now that i see black... well i haven't paid yet so i could change them. who knows, green with gold sparkle swirls could be the fotm.

Apr 17, 2009 at 9:12 PM Post #131 of 369
Quote:

Originally Posted by McCol /img/forum/go_quote.gif
here's a couple of pics, sorry they are not brilliant but i usually leave camera's to the other half.

Thanks for posting them up
Can I request pics with them on?

Also, they looks like over-ear pairs to me. But could you measure the sound tunnel outlet diameter of yours(OD)? thanks

Quote:

Originally Posted by smallcaps /img/forum/go_quote.gif
wow! very nice in black. looks like stealth bomber pilot earphones
cool.gif
now i am really excited to get mine. i mailed them my impressions a week ago so i hope they get them soon. i asked them to make mine clear with black tint but now that i see black... well i haven't paid yet so i could change them. who knows, green with gold sparkle swirls could be the fotm.

They allow any colour of your choice, which very good.
I personally suggest transparent black, swirl black with transparent.

Apr 17, 2009 at 9:44 PM Post #132 of 369
They are over the ear, chap that did my impressions phoned acs before sending to ensure they got order right. He also marked them as wide bore for the sennheisers. Will take mesurement later.

Apr 17, 2009 at 11:34 PM Post #133 of 369
Interesting stuff...hmmm, Oxfordshire....

Wonder if they do tips for Triple fi? I'll have to call...

Apr 18, 2009 at 12:00 AM Post #134 of 369
Quote:

Originally Posted by steviebee /img/forum/go_quote.gif

They definitely do tips for the triple's, I double checked for my old man, who has just ordered an ACS voucher from themp3company this very evening for his triple's.

Here's the link for proof - Custom Moulded Earphone Sleeves - Summary that's the route I used for my set of W3's.

Apr 18, 2009 at 12:17 AM Post #135 of 369
Quote:

Originally Posted by steviebee /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yea. It's on the list

Users who are viewing this thread

Back