REVIEW: 5 sub-$150 sealed headphone compared
Jul 30, 2007 at 1:00 AM Post #46 of 159
Souperman, did you even have a pair of RP-21's? If you did it was only very briefly (not even enough time to burn them in) because I remember you were talking about getting a pair one week and then a couple days later you said you ended up getting d1000 instead. Just to be fair, I don't think you're speaking with experience.

Jul 30, 2007 at 1:35 AM Post #47 of 159
Quote:

Originally Posted by EsthetiX /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Souperman, did you even have a pair of RP-21's? If you did it was only very briefly (not even enough time to burn them in) because I remember you were talking about getting a pair one week and then a couple days later you said you ended up getting d1000 instead. Just to be fair, I don't think you're speaking with experience.

Actually, I do have experience with the RP-21's. My roommate bought a pair and that's what prompted me to want to buy one. It was just my own opinion. After all, I used the RP-21's for about 3 weeks before deciding to want to buy them. I guess I'm not entitled to my own opinions anymore?

Jul 30, 2007 at 1:42 AM Post #48 of 159
Quote:

Originally Posted by souperman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I guess I'm not entitled to my own opinions anymore?

Not sure where you managed to pull that from??
blink.gif

I didn't mean to come across that way.

........Also, if your roommate owned them, and you had been trying them out, I don't really understand why you were pm'ing me asking questions about how they sound and stuff.... I guess we should move this to PM right now. (sorry for messing with the thread).

Jul 30, 2007 at 7:37 AM Post #50 of 159
Thanks so much for you review Skylab! I really trust your opinion. I would even go so far as to subscribe your gardening blog, DIY birdhouse modding blog or child-rearing blog (if you had one).

In anycase, I don't want to use the D1000 with an amp, just right out of the iPod. How much of a detriment is this to SQ?

Jul 30, 2007 at 4:07 PM Post #53 of 159
Quote:

Originally Posted by Choo Choo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks for a great review. I'm definitely looking at the HD25-1.

Did you catch that the ones in his review were modded?
cool.gif

Jul 30, 2007 at 11:13 PM Post #55 of 159
They don't really "leak" IMO, no.

Jul 31, 2007 at 1:16 PM Post #57 of 159
The easiest and most cost effective way to recable a HD25-1 is to use the cable that comes with the HD650. But any HD650 replacement cable can also be used.

Jul 31, 2007 at 1:39 PM Post #58 of 159
Quote:

Originally Posted by Skylab /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The easiest and most cost effective way to recable a HD25-1 is to use the cable that comes with the HD650. But any HD650 replacement cable can also be used.

Is this something a total noob (with some mechanical skills) can do?

Jul 31, 2007 at 1:47 PM Post #59 of 159
Quote:

Originally Posted by Skylab /img/forum/go_quote.gif

A second question. Will the balanced replacement cable for the HD 650 offered by HeadRoom for $99 work?

Jul 31, 2007 at 1:50 PM Post #60 of 159
Quote:

Is this something a total noob (with some mechanical skills) can do?

Yes, it's very easy.

Quote:

A second question. Will the balanced replacement cable for the HD 650 offered by HeadRoom for $99 work?

This I do not know - does this cable use the standard HD650 little two-prong plugs?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back