REVIEW: 20 Headphones Compared
Dec 19, 2010 at 10:12 AM Post #230 of 368

xx

had a chance to hear the R10 (Bass heavy version ),ED10,LCD2 Zeus recabled,HE6,HD800 SAA Voice,L3000,AKG K1000,Stax O2 MKI,Stax Sigma Pro etc... today.
I have no more doubt ,why They say  R10 is the King of Dynamic headphones .

by the way AKG K1000 bass heavy version ,O2MKI and  Stax Sigma Pro are really impressive.

Dec 20, 2010 at 12:18 AM Post #232 of 368
R10 has bio cellulose driver, DENON AH-D1001 that I just fell in love with also has bio cellulose driver made by Fostex btw. AH-D1001 may be far from R10 when it comes to sound. But it is exactly what I was looking for, its has very fast, precise and not fatiguing, soft and pleasant delicate paper sound :) This is the thing with many other headphones Grado, Ultrasone etc they may sound great, they may be accurate but because of the materials they use they are fatiguing with highs peircing your ears. 

Dec 20, 2010 at 7:18 AM Post #235 of 368
Dec 20, 2010 at 11:17 AM Post #237 of 368
redbull don't worry LCD2's midrange is Welt-Klasse.  HE6,LCD2,ED10's midrange are on the same level.They sound so real.
You should consider T1 for your complement can.I think HE6 and T1 are similar to each other soundwise,I mention T1, because  you will probably have problem driving the HE6 and sometime you will feel the weight of HE6 (or LCD2) disturbing you for a long listening session (at least in my case).
I have a big question now,because I don't know which headphones between the T1 and HE6 ,which I will let go,I love the comfort of T1,but how can I sell the HE6.

Dec 21, 2010 at 1:51 AM Post #238 of 368
It is difficult for me to imagine that, after all of this time and technological progress, the R-10 is still the King of Headphones. This is a testament to Sony's past but obviously not to any headphone manufacturers present state-of-the-art. Then again, sometimes when I study cars on the highway, I am stupified as to why they still have 4 rubber tires. Call me a romantic or ignorant, but I feel that cars should fly and that headphones should sound like live music. Well, at least Santa is real... 

Dec 21, 2010 at 2:15 AM Post #239 of 368

Quote:
It is difficult for me to imagine that, after all of this time and technological progress, the R-10 is still the King of Headphones. This is a testament to Sony's past but obviously not to any headphone manufacturers present state-of-the-art. Then again, sometimes when I study cars on the highway, I am stupified as to why they still have 4 rubber tires. Call me a romantic or ignorant, but I feel that cars should fly and that headphones should sound like live music. Well, at least Santa is real... 

Speaking of cars, if you consider the R10 to be the McLaren F1 of headphones, look at how many flagship supercars came much later and couldn't keep up with it. Enzo? Slower than the F1. Murcielago? Slower. Same with the SLR and Porsche GT. The regular production Zondas can't catch it either. This is a car from 1992, and nothing from a decade later could get close to its 240+mph top speed. There are now a select few hyper cars that can go faster than 240, but still none can do it without forced induction engines, as the F1 can. 

When you have something that is a true statement product, it takes more than just the march of time and progress to beat it.

Dec 21, 2010 at 4:59 AM Post #240 of 368

Quote:
redbull don't worry LCD2's midrange is Welt-Klasse.  HE6,LCD2,ED10's midrange are on the same level.They sound so real.
You should consider T1 for your complement can.I think HE6 and T1 are similar to each other soundwise,I mention T1, because  you will probably have problem driving the HE6 and sometime you will feel the weight of HE6 (or LCD2) disturbing you for a long listening session (at least in my case).
I have a big question now,because I don't know which headphones between the T1 and HE6 ,which I will let go,I love the comfort of T1,but how can I sell the HE6.

Wow, that making me quite worried as I don't like ED10 midrange (driven by E.A.R HP4) but I just LOVE at the first 'listen' with K1000 midrange, soo, magical, bar R10.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back