Revamp Acoustics
Nov 24, 2017 at 4:53 AM Post #633 of 765
Nov 24, 2017 at 4:59 AM Post #634 of 765
Good entry. :thumbsup: Now need to insert some reviews. :)

I'm working on one, starring the P1 together with a secret special guest :wink:

Going slowly cause university but it'll be done eventually...

Nov 24, 2017 at 9:36 AM Post #636 of 765
wow thank you, so fast

edit: it does lock buttons after long press (double white blink with quick playback stop for confirmation) and unlock when long press again.

but when pressing play button in lock mode, it does the double white blink confirmation with quick playback stop again as if doing the action again. Play button is not locked in lock mode

Last edited:
Nov 24, 2017 at 10:20 AM Post #637 of 765
Actually it's locked because it's just pause for a while then back to play.

If not pausing you will get stuttered playback, so better I'm pausing that for a while.

And I think play button will not very sensitive to accidentally pressed than other 4 button.

wow thank you, so fast

edit: it does lock buttons after long press (double white blink with quick playback stop for confirmation) and unlock when long press again.

but when pressing play button in lock mode, it does the double white blink confirmation with quick playback stop again as if doing the action again. Play button is not locked in lock mode

Last edited:
Nov 24, 2017 at 9:45 PM Post #639 of 765
I was adding lock function by holding play button about 1 second until led white blinking.
For who want to test this beta firmware can be download from this link:
https://revampacoustics.com/files/P1/P1_V2.0.6b.zip

I'll test it out soon, although I never have any problem with accidental button presses.

On another note...

I've been using my Nuansa P1 + Brother Wong's Blue Blur earbuds to test out a couple newer Opamps in my collection. With both, the P1 retains its nice, analog sound signature. They do allow you to fine tune the sound to your preferences, though.

First up is Burson Audio v5i. I've been using the v5i in my P1 for awhile now. The Burson v5i has leaner bass response, more neutral lower mids, and more emphasis on the upper end. When installed in my P1, this provides a quicker, more spacious sound when compared to the challenger.

Next up is a preview version of a new Opamp TJ is developing for the P1. Compared to the v5i, TJ's new Opamp has meatier bass, warmer lower mids, and a more relaxed upper end. When installed in the P1, the sound becomes thicker, slower, and more relaxed. Bass definitely kicks harder with TJ's new Opamp, and the soundstage is more intimate.

All in all, I think that are both worthy Opamps to have in your collection, providing high-quality, complementary sound.

IMG_20171124_180545-01.jpeg
IMG_20171124_180632-01.jpeg
IMG_20171124_180724-01.jpeg
IMG_20171124_180751-01.jpeg
23800246_10214552607233267_3798371192203399852_o.jpg

This is an older pic I included to show off my Blue Blur. I didn't use the ABnormal Sound Rhesus amp during testing - just the P1.

Dec 6, 2017 at 10:54 AM Post #640 of 765
I should probably post about my own V5i that Burson sent over. It's been pretty overdue; sorry, guys!

I won't bother posting pics of the internals as nmatheis has already done that, but the P1 with the V5i's probably one of my favourite DAPs at the moment. It's fast, clear, punches hard, well-balanced while still being organic and just simply natural. It's like the V5i belongs in that spot! :D

EDIT: Here's a pic after all!

Md7zGcg.jpg

Last edited:
Jan 5, 2018 at 6:17 PM Post #643 of 765
While I am still enjoying my P1 very much, I have noticed that the charging (red) and charge complete (green) no longer function. It does appear as though the battery is still receiving a charge despite the lights no longer providing proper indication. Perhaps TJ can drop by with his comments hopefully providing an easy fix.

Jan 5, 2018 at 6:43 PM Post #644 of 765
While I am still enjoying my P1 very much, I have noticed that the charging (red) and charge complete (green) no longer function. It does appear as though the battery is still receiving a charge despite the lights no longer providing proper indication. Perhaps TJ can drop by with his comments hopefully providing an easy fix.
Mine is inconsistent in that regard too.

Jan 5, 2018 at 7:06 PM Post #645 of 765
Mine is inconsistent in that regard too.
Glad to hear that mine is not the only one. As long as the battery can be fully charged, I consider this to be a minor issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back