Revamp Acoustics

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by nmatheis, Feb 11, 2017.
2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Next

Last
  1. nmatheis Contributor
    Hi guys. I'm a proud owner of tjstyle's Teriplayer G1 DAP. It's a small WAV-only screenless DAP with Sabre ES9023 DAC and a DIP8 socket for rolling opamps handmade in Indonesia. I let a few headfi buddies who know good sound try Teri G1 at RMAF, and they are very impressed with the sound quality coming out of this little guy. One would've purchased it on the spot if I'd let him.

Here's the G1's introductory post from its dedicated THREAD:

After Teri G1, tjstyle decided to rebrand his creations under the Revamp Acoustics moniker. TJ's currently making a small production of the Nuansa A1 Amp. It's a discrete amp in the same form factor as Teri G1, making a nice stack.

Next on TJ's hit list is the Nuansa P1 screenless DAP. It'll have the same form factor as Teri G1 but the internals will be completely revamped (pun fully intended, lol) with a multi-bit DAC. P1 will also have TJ's next-generation firmware with increased functionality. nino9 and I should be getting one later this month or early next month and are very excited to test P1 out!

In addition to A1 and P1, tjstyle is playing around with a couple other designs like a portable tube amp and a touchscreen DAP with NOS R2R DAP. Nice!

So all you hard-core DAP fanatics, please stay tuned for upcoming impressions. And if your attending CanJam Singapore, try to find nino9 and listen to Nuansa P1 so you can let everyone know what you think.

With that, the waiting game begins...

:popcorn:

Dobrescu George and hqssui like this.
  2. nmatheis Contributor
    Just for fun, here's a list showing my man tjstyle hard at work creating fantastic audio gear for Indonesian audio fanatics :)

3. nmatheis Contributor
    And a few more glamor shots...

4. Aradea
    Subbed! Proud as a fellow Indonesian

5. nmatheis Contributor
    Welcome Aradea. Do you own any of TJ's creations?

In addition to TJ's Teri G1 & Nuansa A1, I also own Henry's CampFred earbuds. Indonesia is handcrafting some really nice personal audio gear right now!

6. golov17
    +

7. Tympan
    subbed :)

8. nmatheis Contributor
  9. nmatheis Contributor
    That picture of the T1 in post #3 is TJ's prototype amp using the Korg Nutube.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

"Nutube, similar to a conventional vacuum tube, has an anode grid filament structure, and operates exactly as a triode vacuum tube. Also similar to a vacuum tube, it creates the same characteristic rich overtones. By applying their vacuum fluorescent display technology, Noritake Itron Corp., a Noritake Co. Ltd affiliated company, have devised a structure which achieves substantial power saving, miniaturization, and quality improvements when compared with a conventional vacuum tube."

golov17 likes this.
  10. tjstyle
    Revamped here!

11. musicday
    I am in too :grin:
    Congratulations for your work TJ.

12. HiFlight
    I'm in!

13. nmatheis Contributor
    Hi guys, and a very special welcome to tjstyle, the mastermind behind Revamp Acoustics. I've chatted with TJ quite a bit. He's a super nice guy who is always thinking of his next cool project.

tjstyle - Can you tell us a bit about yourself, your thoughts on what makes a good personal audio product, and how that philosophy is reflected in your designs? I'm sure people would love to hear!

14. hqssui
    Thanks nmatheis for starting this thread. Looking forward for the Nuansa P1. Great work TJ

2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Next

Last