Resonessence Labs Concero discussion/review thead
Mar 1, 2015 at 8:37 PM Post #2,012 of 2,480
  Has anyone here tried the Beyerdynamic T90 with the Concero HP....

I have the AK T5p here (Astell&Kern's voiced T5p) and it is fantastic with the Concero HP. Sorry, I don't have the T90 though.

Mar 3, 2015 at 8:48 PM Post #2,015 of 2,480
Also, forgot to mention that I did end up buying an apple remote, but it basically did the same thing as the apps I had previously tried, in other words, I was unable to get the spdif output to work. I'm guessing this is still on an old firmware, no?

Mar 5, 2015 at 9:23 PM Post #2,016 of 2,480
I've been a happy Concero owner for about 1.5 years but recently got the itch to try something different. An Audio GD DAC 19. They are essentially opposites: R2R vs sigma delta, overbuilt power supply and class A output vs usb power, you get the idea... 

The differences are subtle--that's what jumps out at me the most, the lack of any huge difference. The DAC 19 is a touch more refined overall, more delicate in the treble, blacker backgound. Its bass presentation is also different. The quantity is about the same (I almost think the DAC 19 has less bass) but the tone has a more saturated, tangible quality. But they still sound ~98% the same.   

Mar 6, 2015 at 6:00 AM Post #2,017 of 2,480
My Concero has migrated to my stereo speaker system. Sounds really nice with the Musical Fidelity A5 integrated that I just got to power the KEF R500s. Also now starting to use the little Apple USB power supply so I can hook up the CD player using the coax input. Should actually put up a photo to show how versatile this little unit is. For surround sound I switch the coax to output mode and connect it up to AVRs digital coax input which then does the decoding and then use the home theatre bypass input on the stereo amplifier to get sound output. It's also fun being able to use the digital filters with CD material. I've also discovered that my wife can clearly hear the differences between the filters and greatly prefers the apodizing filter, FWIW she can hear dog whistles too.
eek.gif
 Looks like good sound is wasted on my ears! 
wink.gif
 Thinking I should perhaps look at Concero HD to use in the stereo system.

Mar 18, 2015 at 2:09 PM Post #2,021 of 2,480
hmm, sorry don't know exactly. Could Be

Mar 22, 2015 at 6:47 PM Post #2,023 of 2,480
  Yes, that would be me.
redface.gif
 Great little unit the Concero HP! 

Great review.  I totally agree on it's synergy with the HD800.  I've had the HP for about a year now, mostly with the AKG K712 and recently picked up an HD800 again (2nd time owning).  The HP really gives you a good idea of what the HD800 is capable of, without overly accentuating it's treble tilt.  The only thing I would disagree with is using it with the LCD-X.  At a recent meet, I got to try the X, 3F, and EL-8 with the HP and out of the three, the X seemed noticeably congested sounding out of the Concero.  Not a hit on it by any means.  I just think it has trouble supplying the current to the 22 ohm load.  The LCD-3F (Vegan Pads) however, sounded phenomenal with it.  The EL-8 was nice too, but a little aggressive in the upper mids for my tastes.

Mar 22, 2015 at 8:47 PM Post #2,024 of 2,480
  Great review.  I totally agree on it's synergy with the HD800.  I've had the HP for about a year now, mostly with the AKG K712 and recently picked up an HD800 again (2nd time owning).  The HP really gives you a good idea of what the HD800 is capable of, without overly accentuating it's treble tilt.  The only thing I would disagree with is using it with the LCD-X.  At a recent meet, I got to try the X, 3F, and EL-8 with the HP and out of the three, the X seemed noticeably congested sounding out of the Concero.  Not a hit on it by any means.  I just think it has trouble supplying the current to the 22 ohm load.  The LCD-3F (Vegan Pads) however, sounded phenomenal with it.  The EL-8 was nice too, but a little aggressive in the upper mids for my tastes.

Thanks! I was so impressed with it, I bought the review unit...it's the perfect work desktop unit...takes up very little space and drives most of my headphones and IEMs. I didn't mention in the review, but the Concero HP + JH Layla's = audio bliss!

Mar 23, 2015 at 2:59 AM Post #2,025 of 2,480
I was uncertain about the Concero HD with my HE-500, but now that I have had a listen with the TH-900 + Bakoon combo I have to say bravo.  It's a really great pairing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back