<Renewed at 2012/03/12>The new HiFiMAN 802 & New UI named "Tai-Chi"
Apr 22, 2012 at 5:51 AM Post #196 of 733

Quote:

Thats true but an android player isn't really necessary especially when almost everyone, who is able to afford the dx100, already has an iphone or android mobile phone.
Moreover, android doesn't add any value in terms of music playback.

However, if the 802 turns out to be a disappointment, dx100 will be my next DAP
biggrin.gif

Not necessarily my friend. What android adds is the ability to use other music players which is a great addition. The stock player as of right now has some bugs which I don't like at all. Power Amp is flawless IMO with the DX100 and at least addresses my issues with the Stock player. Who knows it may lead to an update where all the music players would be able to use the 24/192 playback and that would be a great feature allowing you for more options including different sound signatures.

Apr 26, 2012 at 4:12 AM Post #199 of 733
May 2, 2012 at 11:32 AM Post #201 of 733
nowhere, but it will be called the 901 not the 802

May 2, 2012 at 1:13 PM Post #202 of 733
I will be very happy if I get it by Oct 2012 since I don't wanna be the first batch testing mouses;p

May 2, 2012 at 2:09 PM Post #203 of 733
reading about all the issues of new dx100, I'd leave it a year!

how people get away with releasing a beta product, I just don't know

May 2, 2012 at 2:41 PM Post #204 of 733
Ask Microsoft ; they're the masters of releasing beta-product and developing it on-the-hoof, as customers report all the bugs (and as selfish teenage hackers exploit the many bugs, until such time as Microsoft patches them up)

Still, don't underestimate the DX100 - even with the current bugs, it still sounds AMAZING for such a portable device. I have one myself.
I'm interested, and openminded about what the HM901 may bring to the high-end-DAP marketplace.

May 2, 2012 at 9:35 PM Post #205 of 733
Similar to buying a new sports car the newest model will have some issues. The DX100 has no issues with the sound at all. All the issues are about Wifi, volume getting locked and playing a playlist and such. Some complained that the battery doesnt last longer then 7 hrs of playing. Well the DX100 came out without a manual and so many had questions and many were not patient to figure it out and so they posted their worries but none of the owners of the DX100 ever said that the music that came out was bad everyone loved the sound coming from it.
Quote:
reading about all the issues of new dx100, I'd leave it a year!

how people get away with releasing a beta product, I just don't know

May 3, 2012 at 11:01 AM Post #206 of 733
Quote:
Ask Microsoft ; they're the masters of releasing beta-product and developing it on-the-hoof, as customers report all the bugs (and as selfish teenage hackers exploit the many bugs, until such time as Microsoft patches them up)
Still, don't underestimate the DX100 - even with the current bugs, it still sounds AMAZING for such a portable device. I have one myself.
I'm interested, and openminded about what the HM901 may bring to the high-end-DAP marketplace.

I'm curious as well but I highly doubt it won't be plagued with problems on release. I've yet to see otherwise, even from Hifiman. Although I do hope otherwise, not holding my breath there...

May 3, 2012 at 11:10 AM Post #207 of 733
I'm curious as well but I highly doubt it won't be plagued with problems on release. I've yet to see otherwise, even from Hifiman. Although I do hope otherwise, not holding my breath there...

I'm readying my snorkel as we speak..!

May 3, 2012 at 11:43 AM Post #208 of 733
I'm just interested to see how it performs for IEM's, and whats with the TRRS stuff. Might be looking for that plug to get a cable made for my IEMs if i decide to pick one up and it actually has it. (Why not, right?)
Quote:

May 6, 2012 at 1:36 AM Post #209 of 733
Looks like the HM-901 prototype may make an appearance at the Tokyo Headphone Festival next week :-

http://avic.livedoor.biz/archives/51662809.html

Users who are viewing this thread

Back