Remove Sennheiser 598 cushions and replace them.
Oct 7, 2011 at 5:54 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Alfonsomac

New Head-Fier
I guys, i hope i've opened the thread in the right place.
I'm not an audiophile but i bought Sennheiser 598 HD some months ago. I really like them.

However, yesterday, for the first time, i tried my friend's Monster Beats Solo listening few songs.
They are not as bad as i expected :)
What i liked about them was the isolation. It's really god, and i think (maybe making a mistake) it's a question of cushions.
Those are in leather, i guess, instead 598's are in sponge. They compress your ears, so you don't hear external sounds and other people don't hear what are you listening.

So the question is, 598's cushions are removable? May i replace them with these for example?

http://www.amazon.com/Plantronics-EAR-CUSHION-LEATHER-19025-01/dp/B0002NUECY/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1318024345&sr=8-3

Thank you, i hope i haven't said many nonsense, and sorry for the english :wink:

Oct 7, 2011 at 5:59 PM Post #2 of 4
The Sennheiser are replaceable, but not with the Plantronics you show here. Also it wouldn't help much with isolation, since the Sennheiser are open back by design... the sound comes in around the driver from behind, not around the earcups. There are closed back headphones that isolate well - but they are sonically fundamentally different from the 598. 

Oct 7, 2011 at 6:14 PM Post #4 of 4

Quote:
I guys, i hope i've opened the thread in the right place.
I'm not an audiophile but i bought Sennheiser 598 HD some months ago. I really like them.

However, yesterday, for the first time, i tried my friend's Monster Beats Solo listening few songs.
They are not as bad as i expected :)
What i liked about them was the isolation. It's really god, and i think (maybe making a mistake) it's a question of cushions.
Those are in leather, i guess, instead 598's are in sponge. They compress your ears, so you don't hear external sounds and other people don't hear what are you listening.

So the question is, 598's cushions are removable? May i replace them with these for example?

http://www.amazon.com/Plantronics-EAR-CUSHION-LEATHER-19025-01/dp/B0002NUECY/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1318024345&sr=8-3

Thank you, i hope i haven't said many nonsense, and sorry for the english :wink:

Heya,

Sell the HD598's.

Get new closed back headphones. BeyerDynamic DT770 PRO or Shure SRH840 or Fischer Audio FA-003 or Ultrasone HFI 580 comes to mind.

Very best,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back