Referencesounds/LFF's modded HE-5 >Code-X< thread
Feb 1, 2017 at 2:56 AM Post #271 of 344
The Code-X with any pad having a larger inner diameter than the stock Alpha pad will open up the sound and I had always preferred the Audeze Leather pad over stock.

Everyone who owns a Code-X really deserves to try a pad "upgrade", as the Alpha pad it uses does NO justice to these cans.

I hated the Alpha pads..
The only headphones that benifited from Alpha pads that I owned was an Audio Technica W3000anv.

Feb 21, 2017 at 10:17 PM Post #272 of 344
i just picked up a pair of these code x cans. what amp do you guys pair them with? im looking for a neutral solid state amp. any ideas are welcome

Feb 22, 2017 at 12:04 AM Post #273 of 344
  i just picked up a pair of these code x cans. what amp do you guys pair them with? im looking for a neutral solid state amp. any ideas are welcome

Pictures please!

Feb 22, 2017 at 12:22 AM Post #274 of 344
[/IMG]

My pictures didn't come out too good they look better in person ha. Anyone pairs these with the ifi idsd?

Feb 22, 2017 at 9:04 AM Post #275 of 344
the code-x (HE5) is almost just as powerhungry as the he6 so needs power and needs good quality amping to shine as they can ( it would be pity if you use a mediocre amp with these special headphones)...so get yourself a higher quality headphone amp with around 5w output and you are good.
Try blue circle audio..i have a true balanced custommade amp/ dac from them and you wont believe your ears how they sound matched together in combo with the dual mono silver based cable ( silver widow 22) i got also..pls check my review in my signature about the amp. Good luck with your search!

Feb 22, 2017 at 9:06 AM Post #276 of 344
i actually have an amp that i bought from the UK but it has a 230V power supply and i'm not sure how to use it here in USA. trying to figure it out now. its a tisbury CA-1 amp. ive heard it before, sounds great with code-x, lcd2, etc. 

Feb 22, 2017 at 12:22 PM Post #277 of 344
One other thing: i noticed the pair I have had some minor marks on one side of the cups. I attached a pic. Cause for concern? Anything I can/should do to prevent further damage? Also, there are no R/L markings on the can, does it even matter which cable end goes into which socket? Might be a dumb question, oh well.

Feb 22, 2017 at 9:31 PM Post #278 of 344
im listening to my code-x through  a friends ifi imicro idsd amp/dac. this can sounds beautiful,i must admit. i used to have mrspeakers ether open 1.1. - code-x is so much better to my ears, it not even funny. i can finally hear some bass, thank god! ha

Feb 23, 2017 at 10:51 PM Post #279 of 344
One other thing: i noticed the pair I have had some minor marks on one side of the cups. I attached a pic. Cause for concern? Anything I can/should do to prevent further damage? Also, there are no R/L markings on the can, does it even matter which cable end goes into which socket? Might be a dumb question, oh well.

dont want to scare you..but that looks like a cracked cup they (tried to) repair..check the he5 forum to find solutions.hope i am wrong..mine is still as new and i got mine as one of the first...but as you read i treat het more carefully then a newborn baby..always covered to protect from sun..dust and moisture..and only touch hinges with my fingers to prevent sweat on the wood...but it still looks as if it was made yesterday

Feb 23, 2017 at 10:54 PM Post #280 of 344
I spoke to one of the previous owners of this pair and he told me that he bought it with the crack there without knowing it. He also said that he had filled the wood. So they have been there for at least a few months maybe a year or more and they do not seem to be getting any worse since how they were when he had them. So I'm hoping they hold up but thanks for the info

Feb 25, 2017 at 3:34 PM Post #281 of 344
I spoke to one of the previous owners of this pair and he told me that he bought it with the crack there without knowing it. He also said that he had filled the wood. So they have been there for at least a few months maybe a year or more and they do not seem to be getting any worse since how they were when he had them. So I'm hoping they hold up but thanks for the info

This is how mine looks like...its only black code-x (with audeze leather pads) Luis ever made :). Ps...its my headphone/ hobby/ pc room..so sorry for the mess :D

Mar 16, 2017 at 10:00 PM Post #282 of 344
anyone know the size of the screw that goes into the headphone cup is? the screw that connects the metal band to the earcup? i lost it today, not sure how, have to replace it. thanks

Mar 16, 2017 at 10:37 PM Post #283 of 344
anyone know the size of the screw that goes into the headphone cup is? the screw that connects the metal band to the earcup? i lost it today, not sure how, have to replace it. thanks
i believe its the same screw that is used by hifiman for the he5 ( as the code-x is basically an extensive modified he5)..but to be sure take a look the the srew on the other side...hope this info helps..good luck!

Mar 21, 2017 at 12:04 AM Post #285 of 344
If you lost the screw, look also make sure you didn't lose the rubber washer between the cup and the metal band.
It is tiny.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back