Referencesounds/LFF's modded HE-5 >Code-X< thread
Sep 20, 2016 at 4:09 PM Post #256 of 344
Don't forget the HiFiman focus A pads which are cheaper and should be perfect fit..

I just tried the hifiman leather pads on it, and yes I agree, it tends to improve the sound a tad bit. However, I find the Alpha pads more comfortable due to more supple leather and deeper cups.

I've never liked the Focus pads. The velour on it seems to give me the itch.

The treble on these phones should be used as an example by all manufacturers. Some magic that I can't explain.

I quite agree when using this headphone I realized the Superior tonality in relation other top headphones.
I used them as a reference point for others to compare to.
I would say this headphone is only beaten in soundstage and nothing else, (by HD800 & HEK).

Oct 2, 2016 at 7:04 PM Post #257 of 344
I quite agree when using this headphone I realized the Superior tonality in relation other top headphones.
I would say this headphone is only beaten in soundstage and nothing else, (by HD800 & HEK).

It is indeed one of the best headphones (if not the best) I've heard, bar none. I'm listening to them on the Liquid Glass amp, and they are just blissful. It feels like music filling up the room. The imaging is crazy good.

Im interested to know how the Code-X compare to the Utopia, K Odin and the Master-1.

Oct 2, 2016 at 11:16 PM Post #258 of 344

It is indeed one of the best headphones (if not the best) I've heard, bar none. I'm listening to them on the Liquid Glass amp, and they are just blissful. It feels like music filling up the room. The imaging is crazy good.

Im interested to know how the Code-X compare to the Utopia, K Odin and the Master-1.

I will report back on how they compare to the Odin after a mini meet. 

The Utopia has better separation, dynamics, resolution, details, clarity but slightly less bass, more peaks up top and in the upper mids. The Code-X is slightly better balanced but not by much at all  and is superior. 

Oct 3, 2016 at 2:03 AM Post #259 of 344

The Utopia has better separation, dynamics, resolution, details, clarity but slightly less bass, more peaks up top and in the upper mids. The Code-X is slightly better balanced but not by much at all  and is superior. 

Yes please do.

Your comment about Utopia having less bass is interesting. Someone in the HE-6 thread posted that the utopia has similar bass impact like the HE-6, and I feel the Code-x has slightly better bass than the HE-6.

Oct 3, 2016 at 3:01 AM Post #260 of 344

Yes please do.

Your comment about Utopia having less bass is interesting. Someone in the HE-6 thread posted that the utopia has similar bass impact like the HE-6, and I feel the Code-x has slightly better bass than the HE-6.

I have ZMF pads on my Code-X so that could add some warmth but impact, quantity, and quality are all different things. I think the Utopia is more textured down low but the Code-X has a very focused bass that isn't thick, not super textured, but very clean, deep,  and controlled. 

Jan 16, 2017 at 3:47 PM Post #262 of 344
For those of you who have these have they held up over time? Or do they fall apart? I've heard hifiman had qc issues

Mine is still as new..using it almost every day for at least 3 hours a day...but i treat them like babies..no direct sunlight when not used (under velours blanket) and after very use i let the leather pads (audeze) dry (sweat) overnight and next morningi put blanket on them until next usage...and i try to avoid touching the wood with my hands..only hinches are touched... :wink:

Jan 22, 2017 at 1:27 AM Post #264 of 344
Scored a nos pair of He-5 today,will soon send it in for transformation!
https://imgur.com/gallery/VplUe

Hi guys,
Is this mod still exist? I can't find any infomation from the internet now. I have a pair of old HE5 still in good condition, can they be modified?

Jan 22, 2017 at 8:43 AM Post #265 of 344
It's not a mod done by people. It's a modified version of the he5 made by Luis Flores. He runs a small company called enigmatic audio. https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://enigmatic-audio.myshopify.com/&ved=0ahUKEwi348ru8NXRAhWJ7yYKHYecA2AQFggbMAA&usg=AFQjCNH-1_CMbP1FMWIOt7zLb5V-DLvu1g&sig2=fR243bt2tG5rKu9eVV2uNQ That's their site. Not sure if he will still do the he5 into a code x mod though. Peace.

Jan 22, 2017 at 12:54 PM Post #266 of 344
It's not a mod done by people. It's a modified version of the he5 made by Luis Flores. He runs a small company called enigmatic audio. https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://enigmatic-audio.myshopify.com/&ved=0ahUKEwi348ru8NXRAhWJ7yYKHYecA2AQFggbMAA&usg=AFQjCNH-1_CMbP1FMWIOt7zLb5V-DLvu1g&sig2=fR243bt2tG5rKu9eVV2uNQ That's their site. Not sure if he will still do the he5 into a code x mod though. Peace.

Thanks for the infomation, I will try to contact them .

Jan 22, 2017 at 1:28 PM Post #268 of 344
I heard one recently I was impressed. Very nice sounding can. No clue how they compared to stock he5 or he6 though.

I actually just sold mine. Mainly because I preferred my HE-6 to them. The Code-Xs sounded really good though.

Jan 22, 2017 at 2:17 PM Post #270 of 344
stock or modded he6? What Amp?

Just the grill mod and Vegan pads on the HE6. The Code-X had ZMF cowhide pads which helped tame the treble and gave them nice punchy bass. Ran them both out of a Master 11 with +6db gain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back