Redwine iMod vs Amp question
Sep 17, 2006 at 4:43 PM Post #31 of 107
Quote:

Originally Posted by konish
Talk about biased...
blink.gif

Really. I think he should enlighten himself at the Redwine Audio website, and check out the upgrades that entail the imod, and I suspect his attitude may change.
Here's the link:
http://www.redwineaudio.com/iMod.html

Oct 17, 2006 at 4:06 PM Post #34 of 107
Quote:

Originally Posted by yazdoo
Hello All, can ne1 advice on a portble audiophile setup? have 4n5G iPods,Etys,E500,AKG 701.
Need amp and dedcatd cables.
orphsmile.gif

Thanks so much.

What's your budget?

Oct 27, 2006 at 10:01 PM Post #35 of 107
I would like to tell everyone about the customer service by Vinnie at Red Wine Audio. I sent my Ipod in for the Red Wine Imod and Vinnie got it back to me in 10 days. To me that was great customer service right there. But then the backlight on my ipod did not work so I emailed Vinney and asked him what to do. He said he checked it out before shipping and it worked fine but to send it back and he would repair it. When he got it back he said the micro wire to the display was broke and the display would have to be replaced. But other than replace the display he ordered me a new ipod and is going to imod it and send it to me no charge. You do not have to worry about sending your ipod to Vinnie. He backs his work 100% and this problem could have very well have happened during shipping. And by the way in my opinion the Red Wine Imod is the best money I have spent to get my portable rig sounding like I want.
Trent

Oct 27, 2006 at 10:20 PM Post #36 of 107
Quote:

Originally Posted by ERNEST T
I would like to tell everyone about the customer service by Vinnie at Red Wine Audio. I sent my Ipod in for the Red Wine Imod and Vinnie got it back to me in 10 days. To me that was great customer service right there. But then the backlight on my ipod did not work so I emailed Vinney and asked him what to do. He said he checked it out before shipping and it worked fine but to send it back and he would repair it. When he got it back he said the micro wire to the display was broke and the display would have to be replaced. But other than replace the display he ordered me a new ipod and is going to imod it and send it to me no charge. You do not have to worry about sending your ipod to Vinnie. He backs his work 100% and this problem could have very well have happened during shipping. And by the way in my opinion the Red Wine Imod is the best money I have spent to get my portable rig sounding like I want.
Trent

that's great of vinnie! he really does stand by his customers, even to the point of admonishing those who "harrass" his customers!
wink.gif
i've only had great interactions with vinnie and i'm sure many others have as well...hope you enjoy your new toy!

Oct 27, 2006 at 11:07 PM Post #37 of 107
Quote:

Originally Posted by kugino
that's great of vinnie! he really does stand by his customers, even to the point of admonishing those who "harrass" his customers!
wink.gif
i've only had great interactions with vinnie and i'm sure many others have as well...hope you enjoy your new toy!

Hear! Hear!

This does not surprise me one bit. Vinnie told me that if at any time I had a problem with my iMod to send it back for him to take care of, and that apart from the cost of say a new battery, this would be at no charge.

But ordering a new iPod and modding it a no charge, that's amazing! Good for one and all and good for Vinnie.

Nov 14, 2006 at 12:43 AM Post #38 of 107
Quote:

Originally Posted by isamu
How would you compare the sound quality of the imod to a creative jukebox 3?

I can't comment on the iMod, but the regular iPod sounds just as good as the NJB3 and is A LOT EASIER TO CARRY AROUND. Plus, the navigation and interface blow Creative's away. The NJB3 software was simply unusable. The NJB3 is a great sounding unit, but IMO it's strongest asset is it's recording abilities and it had line out standard. No need to buy after market adapter.

If i had the cash I would love to try the iMod. Of course I would have to buy a better amp, better headphones, yadda, yadda, yadda....

If I only won the lottery. All my Audio desires could be fulfilled
k1000smile.gif

Nov 14, 2006 at 1:39 AM Post #39 of 107
I love imod. That's why I got two
biggrin.gif

Nov 24, 2006 at 5:17 PM Post #40 of 107
I have an apple iPod M9830 (60 GB) color. It is not the iPod "photo"

Is this one able to get the Red Wine Mod?

If so would I hear a major difference in SQ with the mod versus using the line out with the The Silver V-2 $145 Plus $4.50 SH
The Cotton Dock $115 Plus $4.50 S&H

The latter option is less expensive

Current set up:
iPod 60G/photo third generation, PocketDock line out by SendStation
When out of the house I use:
XIN SuperMini-IV amp with Cardas Audio HPI 6" right angle mini stereo plug to right angle mini stereo plug and Shure’s E5c Earbuds.

When home I use: LaRocco PR II amp with LaRocco SilC Series Interconnect cable RCA to mini with AKG 701 or Goldring DR150 head phones

Nov 24, 2006 at 5:34 PM Post #41 of 107
What I don't get is if Red Wine makes all that effort to eliminate bad connectors in the signal path then why not offer a mod where a high quality cable is part of the internal connection (soldered in to the mother board)???

Then there would be only one mechanical connection to the outboard amp!

Nov 24, 2006 at 6:03 PM Post #42 of 107
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan the man /img/forum/go_quote.gif

If so would I hear a major difference in SQ with the mod versus using the line out with the The Silver V-2 $145 Plus $4.50 SH

Current set up:
XIN SuperMini-IV amp with Cardas Audio HPI 6" right angle mini stereo plug to right angle mini stereo plug and Shure’s E5c Earbuds.

When home I use: LaRocco PR II amp with LaRocco SilC Series Interconnect cable RCA to mini with AKG 701 or Goldring DR150 head phones

No, you can't have it imodded, it has to be a 4th generation. And yes, you would hear a difference in SQ.

Nov 24, 2006 at 6:10 PM Post #43 of 107
Quote:

What I don't get is if Red Wine makes all that effort to eliminate bad connectors in the signal path then why not offer a mod where a high quality cable is part of the internal connection (soldered in to the mother board)???

Then there would be only one mechanical connection to the outboard amp!

What if you wanted to switch between an amp with RCA connections (home amp) and a portable with a mini connection? What if you want to switch between a silver and copper interconnect? It would limit flexibility for one thing, and it also would make the Imod more expensive.

Nov 25, 2006 at 12:31 AM Post #44 of 107
Quote:

Current set up:

Yes, you can have that one iModded, and yes, it will sound better. I have and like the Audiolineout Cotton, as well as the Jena, wheich I use with my 80GB iPod for travelling, but the iMod sounds noticably better.

Nov 25, 2006 at 1:21 AM Post #45 of 107
Isn't the Ipod model he wants to get Imodded a 3rd generation Ipod? It states on the Redwine Audio site only 4th generation models can be used for the Imod.
http://www.redwineaudio.com/iMod.html
EDIT:Wait a second,that is a 4th gen,isn't it? Sorry for the uninformed response...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back