Redwine iMod vs Amp question
Sep 9, 2006 at 5:52 PM Post #16 of 107
Quote:

Originally Posted by Siebel
I have a modded ipod and installed Rockbox about a month ago and haven't looked back since. I've had to reset my ipod twice other than that it has worked flawlessly. All my music was flac arleady because of my iA6. But there is a big difference at least for me. The gapless playback and eq are nice features.

Siebel

I am used to the gapless playback, Maybe I'll give it a try. I can just uninstall it,right?

Sep 10, 2006 at 2:56 AM Post #17 of 107
gapless playback is such a huge priority for me because i listen to a lot of electronic music where one song tends to lead into another.

yes, you'll be able to uninstall rockbox if you don't like it. keep in mind though - it is not even in beta release. that being said, i've been impressed by it and absolutely am a fan.

Sep 16, 2006 at 7:45 AM Post #19 of 107
Quote:

Originally Posted by isamu
plus, what exactly is a "Rockbox"?

You gotta love Google

And to add:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Website of Rockbox
Rockbox has been in development since 2001, and receives new features, tweaks and fixes each day to provide you with the best possible experience on your MP3 player. A major goal of Rockbox is to be simple and easy to use, yet remain very customizable and configurable. We believe that you should never need to go through a series of menus for an action you perform frequently. We also believe that you should be able to configure almost anything about Rockbox you could want, pertaining to functionality. Another top priority of Rockbox is audio playback quality - Rockbox, for most models, includes a wider range of sound settings than that device's original firmware. A lot of work has been put into making Rockbox sound the best it can, and improvements are constantly being made. All models have access to a large number of plugins, including many games, applications, and graphical "demos". You can load different configurations quickly for different purposes (e.g. a large font for in your car, different sound settings for at home). You can even customize your "While Playing Screen" to display only and exactly what you want to see when you're playing music. In addition, Rockbox features a very wide range of languages, and all supported models also have the ability to talk to you - menus can be voiced and filenames spelled out or spoken.

Sep 16, 2006 at 11:57 AM Post #20 of 107
Quote:

How would you compare the sound quality of the imod to a creative jukebox 3?

i had one of the creative jukeboxes (don't remember which one) and when i got my zen touch the SQ was much improved. i then got the zen sleek which also had really good SQ, on par with the touch. the imod blows the creative out of the water in regards to richness and fullness. and the blackground on the imod is amazing. all's you hear is music. it really is in a whole different league.

Sep 16, 2006 at 1:22 PM Post #21 of 107
I would be shocked it there is aever a DAP that in it's stock configuration sounds anywhere near as good as an iMod iPod. I'm about to get another...

Sep 16, 2006 at 8:47 PM Post #22 of 107
Quote:

Originally Posted by warrior05
i had one of the creative jukeboxes (don't remember which one) and when i got my zen touch the SQ was much improved. i then got the zen sleek which also had really good SQ, on par with the touch. the imod blows the creative out of the water in regards to richness and fullness. and the blackground on the imod is amazing. all's you hear is music. it really is in a whole different league.

I don't think you're telling the truth.

Anyone else can offer a non-suspicious and unbias response?

Sep 16, 2006 at 8:53 PM Post #23 of 107
Quote:

I don't think you're telling the truth.

Anyone else can offer a non-suspicious and unbias response?

Why do you think he was being suspicious and biased?

Sep 16, 2006 at 9:18 PM Post #24 of 107
Well the fact that he claims the Zen has better SQ than the Jukebox series calls his credibility into question. Anyone who's owned a Nomad Jukebox 3 knows it has the best SQ out of ALL of Creative's players. I suspect it sounds better than the iMod but since I have never heard an iMod I can't make that conclusion.

Sep 16, 2006 at 10:42 PM Post #25 of 107
I had a Nomad Jukebox 3, like 3 years ago. It was okay, but not even close to what an imodded Ipod sounds like. The imodded Ipod with ALAC as a source sounds almost as good as my Onkyo CD player.

Sep 17, 2006 at 11:12 AM Post #26 of 107
When I got my iMod I went to someone with a real high end home rig and connected it to his 3000 EUR amp and his 4500 EUR speakers. It did not sound as good as the 3500 EUR CD Player he normally uses but it was close. And considering the price difference between both sources I found the iMod good value for the money.

Sep 17, 2006 at 1:11 PM Post #27 of 107
Quote:

Originally Posted by dr.morton
When I got my iMod I went to someone with a real high end home rig and connected it to his 3000 EUR amp and his 4500 EUR speakers. It did not sound as good as the 3500 EUR CD Player he normally uses but it was close. And considering the price difference between both sources I found the iMod good value for the money.

Was the iModed iPod fully burnt in? As I understand it the blackgates need about 200 hours to burn in. If it was not fully burnt in have you done a re-test since? Thanks.

Sep 17, 2006 at 1:20 PM Post #28 of 107
Quote:

Was the iModed iPod fully burnt in? As I understand it the blackgates need about 200 hours to burn in. If it was not fully burnt in have you done a re-test since? Thanks.

No, the iMod was not fully burnt in!
And I did no retest (to be honest I do not even think that I have reached the 200 hours by now).
But my point was that the iMod sounded pretty nice right out of the box and IMO it could compete with a very expensive CD player.
But retesting it sound like a pretty good idea to me which I should consider sometimes.

Sep 17, 2006 at 1:50 PM Post #29 of 107
Quote:

Originally Posted by dr.morton
No, the iMod was not fully burnt in!
And I did no retest (to be honest I do not even think that I have reached the 200 hours by now).
But my point was that the iMod sounded pretty nice right out of the box and IMO it could compete with a very expensive CD player.
But retesting it sound like a pretty good idea to me which I should consider sometimes.

I am sorry, I understood it is just I am anal and was hoping for a retest. Personally I think it will be much closer if not the same.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Sep 17, 2006 at 4:01 PM Post #30 of 107
Quote:

Well the fact that he claims the Zen has better SQ than the Jukebox series calls his credibility into question. Anyone who's owned a Nomad Jukebox 3 knows it has the best SQ out of ALL of Creative's players. I suspect it sounds better than the iMod but since I have never heard an iMod I can't make that conclusion.

Talk about biased...
blink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back