RedGiant: A Supernova in the Making?
Apr 24, 2012 at 11:19 AM Post #271 of 441
Quote:

In some ways, I prefer the A03 to the 4.A. One is stormy and dramatic, the other is cool and factual. The A03 made the Väsen track above sound fun. I can't imagine wanting to put it away and forget it because of its flair, but I can't imagine it as my only IEM either; the tempestuousness gets tiresome, and it makes me want my 4.A again.

Hence, that is why I enjoy using the A03 as my plaything, as an alternate world to escape to, away from the realistic interpretations of my other earphones such as the 4.A.
bigsmile_face.gif

Apr 25, 2012 at 11:30 AM Post #272 of 441
My Ossicle's should arrive sometime in the next hour or two and I just happen to be home today. So I will unpack these and have a quick listen and post some impressions. After that these are being packed up and being sold (regardless of how I feel about them) as I just can't jusify keeping so many IEM's and headphones.

I am curious how these will sound though no matter how brief the experience :).

Apr 25, 2012 at 12:17 PM Post #273 of 441

Quote:

I am curious how these will sound though no matter how brief the experience :).

Looking forward to your impressions however brief.
Jealous you'll be getting to hear them, I'm still waiting for mine to be sent out :p

Apr 25, 2012 at 3:44 PM Post #274 of 441
OK I have been having a listen and I will be more up front than some about how I feel about these. VERY VERY NICE!! People can complain I am being sensational all they want but as someone who as owned 3 different DD IEM's these are very nice, offering a nice sound stage, nice bass that is pretty layered, warm lush mids, and treble that is nice and sparkly without being harsh.

I think for some these could be their go to IEM's but for others these would be a nice change of pace option.

Now I have decide what to do, I should sell these but am not sure I want to now LOL. I am going to burn these in for a day or two and see how they progress and may have to sell some other gear instead.

BTW I agree with the original posts where these were described as being U shaped but the OP didn't want to say that because they were more than that. These are not just bass monsters, the bass actually is pretty much in line with the rest of the sound. They are just big sounding pretty much everywhere but in a big operatic sort of fashion versus a shouting fashion, if that makes sense.

Apr 25, 2012 at 4:39 PM Post #277 of 441
I still might sell these but I am definitely torn because these do sound very good. Being an iPhone user I also love the controls and microphone. BTW I like the cables, the around ear system, the L jack, and the over feel of the IEM. They are a bit tricky getting in ear at first and may be finicky for some in regards to getting a seal but once in place they stay put well.

Apr 25, 2012 at 4:50 PM Post #278 of 441

Quote:
I still might sell these but I am definitely torn because these do sound very good. Being an iPhone user I also love the controls and microphone. BTW I like the cables, the around ear system, the L jack, and the over feel of the IEM. They are a bit tricky getting in ear at first and may be finicky for some in regards to getting a seal but once in place they stay put well.

You might have to sell some other headphones to balance out the cost then!

Apr 25, 2012 at 5:07 PM Post #279 of 441
Yup I need to decide what I want to keep. I have two pair of Shure fullsize headphones, SRH-940 and SRH-1440, my Sony MDR-7550, Etymotic HF3, a pair of Denon 560R (those actually might be sold already) and a  small handful of other IEM's. I may end up selling one of the Shure's or might sell off all my IEM's except 1 or two. My problem is making the decision on what I would keep. It may come down to keeping the Ety and either these or the MDR-7550. I will see if they continue to draw me like they are now in another couple of days (this could be just honeymoon love
biggrin.gif
 )

Apr 25, 2012 at 5:26 PM Post #280 of 441
I suspect what may decide this for me is which IEM I will be able to sell the easiest as I like these signature wise almost as much as my MDR-7550. The problem is I have seen several pairs of 7550's sitting in the FS section languishing because not many people are interested in them. So in spite of possibly liking these more I may make a more pragmatic decision and sell them just to make the bank (aka the wife) happier
L3000.gif
. List them both and which ever goes first I keep the other??? hmmmm will have to think about this LOL.

Apr 25, 2012 at 5:32 PM Post #282 of 441

Quote:
I suspect what may decide this for me is which IEM I will be able to sell the easiest as I like these signature wise almost as much as my MDR-7550. The problem is I have seen several pairs of 7550's sitting in the FS section languishing because not many people are interested in them. So in spite of possibly liking these more I may make a more pragmatic decision and sell them just to make the bank (aka the wife) happier
L3000.gif
. List them both and which ever goes first I keep the other??? hmmmm will have to think about this LOL.

Think it through man. No matter what you'll sell, you're still letting off something you truly love LOL.

Apr 25, 2012 at 6:30 PM Post #283 of 441
These are temperamental fit wise. Just put these in again and started to listen to some Heart and thought, wow do I ever feel a million miles from the stage. Thinking I had found some music poorly suited for the headphone I started to type a post. Then I decided to play with the fit an suddenly the song started to sound right. So fit is definitely going I be a point of confusion and contention. I also do find my ears are sore but wonder if that's all my fiddling as much as anything ie once they fit leave them alone and stop playing with the darn fit kit!

Apr 25, 2012 at 6:33 PM Post #284 of 441

Quote:
These are temperamental fit wise. Just put these in again and started to listen to some Heart and thought, wow do I ever feel a million miles from the stage. Thinking I had found some music poorly suited for the headphone I started to type a post. Then I decided to play with the fit an suddenly the song started to sound right. So fit is definitely going I be a point of confusion and contention. I also do find my ears are sore but wonder if that's all my fiddling as much as anything ie once they fit leave them alone and stop playing with the darn fit kit!

Are the size deceptively small in pictures and when it's in your hands? This also I think would confuse a lot of people.

Apr 25, 2012 at 7:07 PM Post #285 of 441
Nice impressions, dweaver.

I personally don't hear them as U-shaped so much, if only because the highs and mids seem a bit more balanced (or in line) than what I traditionally associate with that profile. The UHA-6S fills the bottom end out, so perhaps different sources emphasize the top end more as well.

Also I've experienced the effect you've described: now and then things will sound more distant than other times. Not sure if that's a fit issue or a source material issue. The fit isn't problematic for me the majority of the time though.

If it were me, I'd sell the Sonys. And I'm a Sony fan. : P

Users who are viewing this thread

Back