RedGiant: A Supernova in the Making?
Apr 22, 2012 at 4:28 PM Post #242 of 441
Quote:
Heck, the K3003 is a flawed earphone.

I don't get the recent drama and confusion in this thread, imo this review is very detailed and specific, it just took me a really looong time to actually read it, lol.
smile_phones.gif

I don't think no one including me had any quibbles with Toms first review which I think was a very nice piece of work. It was a few impressions that followed and some misinterpreting that followed and a few things got a bit messy but it'll be hard to see now as I believe that dubbed edited out his posts.... Everything seems to be back in working order hopefully now anyway!:D

Apr 22, 2012 at 4:32 PM Post #243 of 441
I think the confusion was not in the original reviews, but the posts that followed it. I think some users saw them as contradicting each other (review said one thing, posts following said otherwise) which created huge confusion.

I have been in and out of this thread, so I may be off.

Apr 22, 2012 at 5:03 PM Post #244 of 441

Quote:
I hear that some people may be taking themselves too seriously again...

I would hate to have to delete this thread, but I will do what needs to be done.  Please enjoy yourselves and have a good time, but keep things civil and in perspective.

Thx.

It's always a specific few that taint every thread they touch. I hate when people try to portray things and ideas as absolute.

Extremely childish behavior, if you ask me.

Apr 22, 2012 at 5:06 PM Post #245 of 441
I honestly didn't see any inconsistencies or confusion at all in the original reviews, or MuppetFace's impressions...it was just made confusing with people popping in later to say that it was confusing when it really wasn't.

Anyway I think that argument has run its course and we should move on like it never happened.  Petty arguments like this get us nowhere.

I still really want a pair of the A03s!

Apr 22, 2012 at 5:14 PM Post #247 of 441

Quote:
It would be nice to compare them to my FXT90. Both are dual DDs, and from what I get, the A03 is quite mid centric. (?) I love me some mid-range.

I'm interested in this as well.  I think I read that tomscy2000 and muppetface weren't impressed by the FXT90.  I really thought the FXT90 timbre was very good and came close to the FX700.  The expansive soundstage of the A03 has me quite intrigued but I can't figure out why they don't have much depth.  I would normally expect a dual dynamic to have excellent depth.  Anyway I'm looking forward to hearing them.

Apr 22, 2012 at 7:27 PM Post #248 of 441

Quote:
  I don't think no one including me had any quibbles with Toms first review which I think was a very nice piece of work. It was a few impressions that followed and some misinterpreting that followed and a few things got a bit messy but it'll be hard to see now as I believe that dubbed edited out his posts.... Everything seems to be back in working order hopefully now anyway!
biggrin.gif

Honestly, I just think that Shark's post somehow tainted everyone's mood, and in the confusion, we all got a little testy with each other for no real reason. Glad everything's back to normal, and that we can carry on actual discussion now.

Quote:
  I'm interested in this as well.  I think I read that tomscy2000 and muppetface weren't impressed by the FXT90.  I really thought the FXT90 timbre was very good and came close to the FX700.  The expansive soundstage of the A03 has me quite intrigued but I can't figure out why they don't have much depth.  I would normally expect a dual dynamic to have excellent depth.  Anyway I'm looking forward to hearing them.

I can't speak for MuppetFace, but I merely found the FXT90, while a very good performer, to really be a 'poor man's FX700'. It also sounded a little too grainy for my tastes. I do think a comparison of the A03 against other dual DD earphones would be awesome. I haven't heard the DDM in well over a year, nearing two years, so that'd be a good comparison to see. The only dual dynamics that I know for sure are not as good as the A03 are the two Sonocore models.

I should add that the reason why I personally would choose a product like the A03 over a product like the W21 is that I already have a number of highly accurate IEMs in my stash. An A03, W21, or whatever will basically never be my primary IEM. Thus the A03 is reserved for times when I want to hear that very unique, ultra-wide sound that I basically haven't heard replicated in any other earphone around.

If you can figure out why the A03 sounds so shallow, I'll.... give you a gold star!
wink.gif
I was extremely confused myself.

Apr 22, 2012 at 9:26 PM Post #250 of 441
I just sent out the A03/A00 to the first person this morning, so people on the tour list will be getting a good listen soon enough.
bigsmile_face.gif

Quote:
  How was the A03 dynamic range (I'll go back and read)?  I generally find that a weaker motor/lower dynamics are the primary cause for a shallow soundstage.

It's a little tough to gauge dynamics with this earphone because of the way it presents music, but you could be right.

Apr 22, 2012 at 10:51 PM Post #251 of 441
Thanks Tom
ksc75smile.gif

Look forward to receiving them!!

Quote:
I just sent out the A03/A00 to the first person this morning, so people on the tour list will be getting a good listen soon enough.
bigsmile_face.gif

It's a little tough to gauge dynamics with this earphone because of the way it presents music, but you could be right.

Apr 23, 2012 at 12:39 AM Post #252 of 441
Quote:
I can't speak for MuppetFace, but I merely found the FXT90, while a very good performer, to really be a 'poor man's FX700'.

Not to take this thread off-topic again, but I feel that FX700 is a little more than 'rich man's FXT90'. While I appreciate FXT90 at it's price point and agree that it has some of the good characteristics of FX700, subjectively I feel the difference is vast. There are days when I actually hate the FX700 (mostly for it's mids or bass when coming from other 'phones), but those phases do not last long. The feeling I get with FXT90 is usually on the lines of 'hmmm...ok...good'. FX700 on the very good days is usually 'yummy!', followed by people around me moving away due to my attempt to play along with the band or the orchestra.

On topic, I am disappointed to say that despite your claims of the review being 'hyperbolic and flowery', I felt it was just 'enthusiastic'.

Apr 23, 2012 at 12:48 AM Post #253 of 441

Quote:

Not to take this thread off-topic again, but I feel that FX700 is a little more than 'rich man's FXT90'. While I appreciate FXT90 at it's price point and agree that it has some of the good characteristics of FX700, subjectively I feel the difference is vast. There are days when I actually hate the FX700 (mostly for it's mids or bass when coming from other 'phones), but those phases do not last long. The feeling I get with FXT90 is usually on the lines of 'hmmm...ok...good'. FX700 on the very good days is usually 'yummy!', followed by people around me moving away due to my attempt to play along with the band or the orchestra.

On topic, I am disappointed to say that despite your claims of the review being 'hyperbolic and flowery', I felt it was just 'enthusiastic'.

Yeah, this is fairly close to how I feel.  I agree that the FX-90 has very timbre and the mids are better...let's say presented more up front and closer, than the FX-700, they are noticeably distinctly at least a tier apart if you A/B them.  I will say that after putting the 90's on after the 700's, the mids are definitely more prevalent; however, the 700 does everything better-and by a significant margin (imho).

That said, it's pretty cool they're are so many IEM producers nowadays-and advancing the tech et al.  Will be interested to see more impressions on these RedGiants once they become wider owned.

Apr 23, 2012 at 1:09 AM Post #254 of 441
Quote:

I agree. The FX700 has a certain sense of refinement that differentiates it from the other dynamics. It has long had way too much mid-bass and not enough mids for my liking, but I really appreciate it for what it is. I won't deny that the FXT90 is a very capable performer, too, so that's why a comparison between the A03 and the other dual dynamics would be in order.

In that case, did you merely slam your mouse down lightly?
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back