RedGiant: A Supernova in the Making?
Apr 22, 2012 at 12:19 PM Post #226 of 441
Quote:

I totally understand the excitement over this stuff. When I first got the A03, I really wanted to post about it since it put a huge smile on my face. I exercised restraint though and waited a bit because my impressions seemed a little too glossy and unbalanced, and after a while I started noticing more of the A03's shortcomings. I think recognizing those flaws is a big step in preventing FOTM-itis. Even if they don't bother us per se, it's important to keep an open mind about how others might be bothered by them to varying degrees.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuppetFace /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I did not say I didn't want people to rush in with impressions in case they weren't "correct." That's putting words in my mouth, words I actually find quite offensive, because it implies I view subjective opinions as either correct or incorrect. Subjective opinions are subjective opinions.

I believe I only posted one post of actual impressions in this particular thread, so I'm afraid I don't know what you're referring to when you said I "seemed to rave about them" only to turn around and supposedly say they weren't good.

I tried to say it on the nicest was and not in an aggressive manor so sorry if you was offended as that was far from my intention.

Im someone who practises what i preach and therefore if i had to restrain my self before posting opinions i would think that everyone else should and it would get on my nerves other people not waiting and thats how what you put come across.

As for the impressions dubbed has put exactly what i mean.

Quote:
Same applies for Tom.
In his review he makes it seem that these are the bees knees, then later on says he refrained from commenting on my initial impressions...

Yeh i also wondered about this and am still curious about what he has to say!

Apr 22, 2012 at 12:25 PM Post #227 of 441
Quote:
I mean literally - your impressions and "review" say they are "these are a true shining star"
Then you go and say "A03 is a flawed earphone"
Which is it?

Same applies for Tom.
In his review he makes it seem that these are the bees knees, then later on says he refrained from commenting on my initial impressions...

I hope people know that even shining stars can be flawed. Heck, the K3003 is a flawed earphone.

As for me, I refrained from commenting on your initial impressions because I wanted to wait until you started addressing its sonic shortcomings. My review wasn't all positive, BTW. I didn't like the shallow soundstage, and wasn't a fan of the bass requiring too much power for true presence. I also had problems with the fit. These were the things that I hoped you would begin to address. Honestly, there was nothing else on my mind when I wrote that I'd wait until you had a more complete assessment of the earphones.

I really hope people actually read my (and MuppetFace's) words carefully; both of us are at times guilty of overwrought language (I'm perhaps the worse offender), leading people to misconstrue things, but I can assure everyone that what I tried to write was a balanced assessment of both the A03's and A00's capabilities.

Apr 22, 2012 at 12:33 PM Post #228 of 441

Quote:
I hope people know that even shining stars can be flawed. Heck, the K3003 is a flawed earphone.

As for me, I refrained from commenting on your initial impressions because I wanted to wait until you started addressing its sonic shortcomings. My review wasn't all positive, BTW. I didn't like the shallow soundstage, and wasn't a fan of the bass requiring too much power for true presence. I also had problems with the fit. These were the things that I hoped you would begin to address. Honestly, there was nothing else on my mind when I wrote that I'd wait until you had a more complete assessment of the earphones.

I really hope people actually read my (and MuppetFace's) words carefully; both of us are at times guilty of overwrought language (I'm perhaps the worse offender), leading people to misconstrue things, but I can assure everyone that what I tried to write was a balanced assessment of both the A03's and A00's capabilities.

Well it wasn't all positive, but 90% of it was.
that's a positive review, unlike this one:
http://www.head-fi.org/products/sennheiser-ie-8-in-ear-headphones/reviews/6429

So, let's get this clear:
Do you or don't you like the A03's
If not, why not, if so, then why so?
(briefly said, no need to write another review)

Seeing as I can't understand if you, or muppetface like or dislike them, could you both, put in short:
Pros
Cons

For the A03.
Finally, what price you would value them at, what earphone are you currently using, and what earphone did you compare, directly, the A03 with.

FYI:
I'm not defending the company or anything, just utterly confused now with your reviews, impressions, opinions, and tastes.

Apr 22, 2012 at 12:35 PM Post #229 of 441
Quote:

I mean literally - your impressions and "review" say they are "these are a true shining star"
Then you go and say "A03 is a flawed earphone"
Which is it?

Yes, I say its a flawed earphone. I have maintained this from the outset. I also say it's a shining star, yes. And why can't it be both, again?

We're not speaking binary here. I feel the A03 has definite flaws, but even taking those flaws into consideration I feel it's still a very enjoyable earphone.

For instance: the fit is very iffy, they're large and cumbersome, the inline remote is annoying, and the presentation is not particularly accurate. Am I bothered by these particular things? Not really. I still enjoy the A03. Does that make it any less flawed? No.

Apr 22, 2012 at 12:57 PM Post #231 of 441

Quote:
So, let's get this clear:
Do you or don't you like the A03's
If not, why not, if so, then why so?
(briefly said, no need to write another review)

Seeing as I can't understand if you, or muppetface like or dislike them, could you both, put in short:
Pros
Cons

For the A03.
Finally, what price you would value them at, what earphone are you currently using, and what earphone did you compare, directly, the A03 with.

FYI:
I'm not defending the company or anything, just utterly confused now with your reviews, impressions, opinions, and tastes.

Seems like you're talking down to Tom and myself, trying to pass us off as inexperienced and muddled in our thoughts. Like a teacher to a petulant student.

Both Tom and I put quite a bit of effort into our impressions. Others who have given us feedback don't seem to have trouble understanding our points. In any event, all of that is more or less found in our original posts, and I for one feel no inclination to rehash it. Tom can answer for himself.

Apr 22, 2012 at 1:06 PM Post #233 of 441

Quote:
Seems like you're talking down to Tom and myself, trying to pass us off as inexperienced and muddled in our thoughts. Like a teacher to a petulant student.

Both Tom and I put quite a bit of effort into our impressions. Others who have given us feedback don't seem to have trouble understanding our points. In any event, all of that is more or less found in our original posts, and I for one feel no inclination to rehash it. Tom can answer for himself.

No I'm not, read what I said "just utterly confused now with your reviews, impressions, opinions, and tastes."
Just asking for your review in short...is that too much to ask?
Guess so...:/

Well seems like you guys are a little hostile, and I don't know why - I won't be posting here again, nor want to argue/thread cramp 
So, see ya.

EDIT:
Removed all my posts, that were impressions or any opinions of the earphones.
Enjoy.

Apr 22, 2012 at 1:32 PM Post #234 of 441

I make a post about FOTM-ism. Someone misconstrues it as personal criticism. Suddenly, there are questions about Tom's and my impressions and methodology when before there were none. Suddenly our views are ill-defined, confusing. Regardless of the intent behind this sudden need for clarification, I really don't appreciate the tone behind it. Comes off like an instructor teaching novices how to write in an overly hand-holding sort of way. "Now do this. Good. Now tell us this." Like neither Tom nor I have the slightest clue how to convey our thoughts. 

We put quite a bit of effort into what we wrote, and while I can't speak for Tom, I personally don't like the idea of having to overly simplify some of the ideas I tried to express. I'd be more than happy to answer genuine questions and to clarify specific points, but I'm not going to make Cliffs Notes for the entirety of them. We all have different ways of expressing ourselves and conveying our thoughts, and I think having to go back, butcher, and gloss my writing ultimately devalues it.

Now, before things are derailed any further, I want to reiterate something I mentioned in another thread: the A03 seems like a classic example of a "secondary IEM" to me. It's not something I'd want as my primary reference---for that I'd want something more neutral---but it definitely makes for an enjoyable second IEM, something with a playful approach that one has to be in the right mood for, something to listen to on occasion rather than daily.

Apr 22, 2012 at 1:49 PM Post #235 of 441
I'm gonna apolgise if I've upset you! I have not slating any review techniques and think you do very good jobs! I have got a bit confused only because i saw a little change in your feelings and I have seemingly misinterpreted what you've sometimes put. I hope you can forget about this like I will and not let it influence future threads and discussions!

Apr 22, 2012 at 1:58 PM Post #236 of 441

Quote:
I'm gonna apolgise if I've upset you! I have not slating any review techniques and think you do very good jobs! I have got a bit confused only because i saw a little change in your feelings and I have seemingly misinterpreted what you've sometimes put. I hope you can forget about this like I will and not let it influence future threads and discussions!

It's nothing personal. Just forum drama.

Like I said, if you have a specific question or need clarification on a certain point, I'd be more than happy to try to answer as best I can.

Apr 22, 2012 at 2:24 PM Post #237 of 441
You did say it was a personal :p only joking!

And we was only asking for on viewers as the more viewers the better insight consumers will get! I'll have a pair myself soon so will wait and see for myself!
I know it's not how you role but he was just asking for pros am cons, no biggie!

Apr 22, 2012 at 3:34 PM Post #238 of 441
I hear that some people may be taking themselves too seriously again...

I would hate to have to delete this thread, but I will do what needs to be done.  Please enjoy yourselves and have a good time, but keep things civil and in perspective.

Thx.

Don't make me have to go all Yoda on y'all.

Apr 22, 2012 at 3:36 PM Post #239 of 441

Quote:

I would hate to have to delete this thread, but I will do what needs to be done.  Please enjoy yourselves and have a good time, but keep things civil and in perspective.

Thx.

I would like to say that things have resolved themselves and they have for sure at my end! I hope this will live on nicely now.

Apr 22, 2012 at 3:46 PM Post #240 of 441

Quote:
I hear that some people may be taking themselves too seriously again...

=obligatory xkcd comic about the internet here=

Thx.

Don't make me have to go all Yoda on y'all.

Well, the smile you put on my face with that xkcd comic vanished faster than you can say "begone, thread!". D:

I'm kidding, except the smile part.

All is well now, and at least on my end, will tread more carefully. I'm too much of a fence-sitter myself, unless it's fairly logical or obviously flawed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back