Recommended IEMs? ($100-200)
Dec 12, 2012 at 11:34 PM Post #16 of 46
Some how I doubt the CKM33 sounds that good but for $40 I'm willing to find out, do they sale them in the US?

Never mind I found my answer on Amazon and for $44 I might just buy a pair.

Dec 12, 2012 at 11:41 PM Post #17 of 46
I didn't think so either, but Audio Technica is a huge company and can afford to mass-produce stuff with high quality drivers y'know.  I guess they made the CKM33 sound a little too good for the price, by accident, lol.

I picked mine from Japan via ebay.

Dec 13, 2012 at 12:44 AM Post #18 of 46
Bass - hmm 

SONY MH1c
biggrin.gif

P.S> even though its on the hype train, its none the less a very very good iem and offer astounding value, provided you can get it recabled.

Dec 13, 2012 at 8:24 AM Post #19 of 46
Hey thanks for all the suggestions :) I'm still doing a lot of research on all these, but techno kid and kiteki I've found that you usually get what you pay for, though that doesn't mean you can't find an insane deal in some cases. If I find enough people who love the CKM33 I might have to try them for such a good price :) turgid, thanks I'm sure they are worth looking in to! What's the price on those sonys?

Dec 13, 2012 at 8:57 AM Post #20 of 46
I've never heard the CKM33 but I can pretty much guaranty the GR07 and BA200 will sound quite a bit better, they're 2 of the best IEM's you can get under $200.

Dec 13, 2012 at 10:18 AM Post #21 of 46
I still think a SanDisk Clip+ and Audio Technica CKM33 will satisfy a first-time IEM user a hell of a lot.

I don't think he'll be able to appreciate the qualities in the GR07, as a first-time IEM.  Actually most new fish prefer V-shaped sound, he may not even know what V-shaped is, but he definitely needs to hear it, in which case JVC FXD80 / FRD80 is the best V-shaped IEM I've heard.

Dec 13, 2012 at 10:25 AM Post #22 of 46
Hmmm also true. Going from 10 dollar skull candys to really anything will be a bit of a shock. Not sure if I could really appreciate something so high end. I don't know crap about highs or mids or bass or sub bass..but I don't know, there are so many choices!

Dec 13, 2012 at 10:32 AM Post #23 of 46
If you don't know jack about sub-bass, mids, highs, and the high-low-sides, the JVC FRD80 is far better than the Vsonic GR07 for you, unless you intend to become a drummer or something and really need flat reference monitoring sound.

Anyway the Audio Technicas will be a nice upgrade from your $10 Skullcandys that's for damn sure.

Dec 13, 2012 at 11:02 AM Post #24 of 46
hope I'm not side tracking for our friend but how would FXD80 compare to TF10 in terms of sound since both of them are V-shaped?while it's a personal question on my part but perhaps thisnamestaken would benefit from it too : ) thx in advance

Dec 13, 2012 at 1:38 PM Post #27 of 46
 turgid, thanks I'm sure they are worth looking in to! What's the price on those sonys?

they go for 30 dollars .. and if you are entering the iem world .. they are the best value and the best first step to it ..

Dec 13, 2012 at 2:00 PM Post #28 of 46
If you have the money to spend the GR07 and BA200 are better than the Sony and I do have the MH1C.  Its a nice little IEM but its not as good as some lead you to believe imo.  The MH1C does sound as good as some $100 but the GR07 and BA200 have better over all detail and a better soundstage.

Dec 13, 2012 at 4:52 PM Post #29 of 46
Thanks kiteki

There are many great recommendations, i just got a strong feeling our friend would appreciate a more enjoyable iem than the analytical ones, hence i agree with kiteki in many ways and also think the v-shapes are more relevant and excellent choices

How about the Sony MH1C, they are very good and safe choice for only less than $27
tongue_smile.gif
as long as you learn how to wear them overears and get a good seal, very mainstream sound and also score very high on sound quality comparing to IEMs >$100 according to many opinions

save the $170 or spend a portion of that for a decent DAC to optimize your music experience even further!

just a suggestion though

Quote:
I still think a SanDisk Clip+ and Audio Technica CKM33 will satisfy a first-time IEM user a hell of a lot.

I don't think he'll be able to appreciate the qualities in the GR07, as a first-time IEM.  Actually most new fish prefer V-shaped sound, he may not even know what V-shaped is, but he definitely needs to hear it, in which case JVC FXD80 / FRD80 is the best V-shaped IEM I've heard.

Quote:
If you don't know jack about sub-bass, mids, highs, and the high-low-sides, the JVC FRD80 is far better than the Vsonic GR07 for you, unless you intend to become a drummer or something and really need flat reference monitoring sound.

Anyway the Audio Technicas will be a nice upgrade from your $10 Skullcandys that's for damn sure.

Dec 13, 2012 at 8:15 PM Post #30 of 46

How about the Sony MH1C, they are very good and safe choice for only less than $27
tongue_smile.gif

I have the MH1 and MH1C.  Yes they are only $27 and they sound pretty ok, but there's too much hype for them.  I'd save up a little extra and get the ATH-CKM33 for $39, or the JVC FXD60 for $49 (real IEM's).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back