Recommendations for Best headphones on the market (new and old)
Jan 11, 2004 at 12:05 PM Post #137 of 1,076
Everyone has their opinions.....

Bose: Could you explain why you think this??? The reason for my question is BOSE do make some interesting products that can serve a purpose.... But as for realy sounding good???? Not in a month of Sundays.

Jan 19, 2004 at 6:09 PM Post #140 of 1,076
Etymotic ER-4 series are the best things I have ever heard. A few weeks ago I wasted my money on a pair of Sony MDR-EX71LP's and uuggghhhh. What a terrible set of cans. I would urge anyone to skip these headphones right off. I couldn't hate them more. Tin can sounding and high impedance for serious volume reduction. A downgrade from the stock headphones that came with my iPod.

Anyway, the Etymotics are excellent. I got an airhead amp to go with them...and i could not be happier.

Feb 5, 2004 at 11:41 AM Post #142 of 1,076
from a student point of view a secondhand Senn580+HeadRoom Little

600smile.gif
H@LL@!

Feb 5, 2004 at 12:08 PM Post #143 of 1,076
Quote:

Originally posted by jpen1148
Any thoughts on the Sennheiser PX100' s ? Im between these and the Grado SR60 (39.95 vs 69.95). Im mostly doing the portable cd player thing and occaisanaly hooked up to my porta-studio.

I don't think px 100 are a great choice .. i won them , but they are at the bottom of the list of my cans .. maybe get ksc35 - or grado60 - or alessandro Ms1 for your purpose .

You can order directly ksc35 from koss
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 7, 2004 at 3:22 AM Post #144 of 1,076
Quote:

Originally posted by Amsties
Everyone here's so PC.

all good though

biggrin.gif
May be true, but I could point you to a board that is totaly PC but really hides terrible intolerance.

I'd rather have PC than intolerance anyday. People here are great.
lambda.gif

Feb 12, 2004 at 7:47 PM Post #145 of 1,076
Noobie here. I can't say a lot for many of these that are recommended here since I haven't heard them all, but I can say that for my taste that the Sennheiser HD-25-1's are great. I spent a lot of time this last week checking them out and have to say that if you don't have the money for/want an amp or are worried about driving them, these are very sensitve, have great imaging and a surprising amount of deep bass for a smallish closed can. The highs are clean and not crisp or harsh at all. I found a pair at E-Tronics for $144 new and at that price they are a steal. Granted I am sure that they will require some break in since the ones I demoed were very well used. The only thing that I am unsure of is the headband, the split at the top is kind of useless to me, I guess that I could use it to wrap around my forehead or something but the real use still eludes me. It is still comfortable. There is one caveate thought, they can get very loud, to the point of pain without distorting. That can be good or bad I guess.

Of course I am coming from a long line of off the shelf junk, but the difference was so dramatic that I can't imagine anything in this price range coming very close without an external amp.

Feb 16, 2004 at 4:44 AM Post #146 of 1,076
qoute:

Etymotic ER-4 series are the best things I have ever heard. A few weeks ago I wasted my money on a pair of Sony MDR-EX71LP's and uuggghhhh. What a terrible set of cans. I would urge anyone to skip these headphones right off. I couldn't hate them more. Tin can sounding and high impedance for serious volume reduction. A downgrade from the stock headphones that came with my iPod.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just bought a pair of the Sony MDR-EX71LP's on the word of several favorable reviews on www.ipodlounge.com. Do they break in and warm up? Or have I fallen victim massive Sony "Perfect Sound Forever" advertising BS again? When will I learn?

Feb 23, 2004 at 4:43 AM Post #149 of 1,076
Xevion, I was able to fix the problem with the Sony's. I took them back to Circuit City and told them that they hurt my ears.

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back