Recommendations for Best headphones on the market (new and old)
May 11, 2009 at 5:56 PM Post #796 of 1,076
Well thanks for the fast response,
I really would like some pros and cons in the area that I am in! (I am using it for iPod and pc with high bitrate rippings)! I always enjoyed rock music and probably thats the area of music I mostly hear... so denon as you present will be a nice choice!
normal_smile .gif

May 15, 2009 at 3:36 AM Post #797 of 1,076
Just throwing it out there that I absolutely love my Ultrasone HFI-780's. Plus, you can't beat the prices you can get them at: try Northern Sound and Light

May 19, 2009 at 5:30 AM Post #800 of 1,076
I don't have much room for comparison but I recently got iGrados for work and compared to the marshmallows I was using before everything seems less muddled. Rock really seems to come alive on the grados.

I was thinking of getting an SR-80 for my ipod touch but read somewhere that the weight of the cord itself could damage to line out over time. Is this a worthwhile concern or should I just pull the trigger?

May 20, 2009 at 12:17 AM Post #801 of 1,076
May 21, 2009 at 6:17 AM Post #802 of 1,076
This one's easy for me. Etymotics ER-4S (I have P with adapter cable, but I never use them w/o the 4P-4S adapter) and KSC-35s. I got the KSCs for 35 dollars and I have used them more than any headphones I've ever owned (haven't even had them a year yet). I could go for a nice pair of closed phones (etys drown out too much noise in most practical situations), but I am severely low on funds right now. I had a pair of V6s last year that I sold on this board.

May 25, 2009 at 8:07 PM Post #803 of 1,076
Quote:

Originally Posted by cindercow /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't have much room for comparison but I recently got iGrados for work and compared to the marshmallows I was using before everything seems less muddled. Rock really seems to come alive on the grados.

I was thinking of getting an SR-80 for my ipod touch but read somewhere that the weight of the cord itself could damage to line out over time. Is this a worthwhile concern or should I just pull the trigger?

I ran the SR-80 out of my 5th Gen iPod for a while and it wasn't a problem. Definitely shouldn't be a problem if the iPod is flat on a table...

May 29, 2009 at 6:31 AM Post #805 of 1,076
Quote:

Originally Posted by jscottmsc /img/forum/go_quote.gif
For $50? - How about $41.99 eBay "SONY MDR-V900HD V900 PROFESSIONAL DJ Headphone NEW"

SONY MDR-V900HD V900 PROFESSIONAL DJ Headphone NEW - eBay (item 120409553402 end time Apr-22-09 17:29:23 PDT)

Please refrain from suggesting fake, knock-off, 1/4 (or less) priced headphones from eBay. The Chinese have taken over this market selling fake headphones.

Trust me. I ordered these exact headphones from an eBay seller with good feedback for $50. Then I went out and bought the real set for full retail ($260) from Fry's to compare. The $50 eBay set looked and felt similar but cheaper. The coloring was somewhat purple under light, the headphones were marked as being made in China rather than Taiwan where the real set was made, etc. The important part, however, is that they sounded NOTHING like the real, store-bought set. Extremely muddy, nowhere near as clean and clear as the actual MDR-V900HDs, which I have since kept because I liked them so much.

May 29, 2009 at 3:16 PM Post #806 of 1,076
Hi guys, I'm in bit of a pickle here
I tried to buy a pair of JVC HA-RX700s on Amazon, but I found out that the prospective ship date is in one to two months!
They were selling it for $41 with free shipping.
I'm not asking anyone here to be my personal servant, but I was just wondering if anyone know of a similar deal off the top of their head.
Thanks for any halp.

Jun 1, 2009 at 12:08 PM Post #808 of 1,076
hi,

a newbie on these forums... i would like to ask our veterans here if there is a new Grado Alessandro MS2 available for 2009?

music preference: mostly 70s & 80s rock/pop/new wave and new age music

thanks

Jun 8, 2009 at 1:34 AM Post #809 of 1,076
Hi guys, new to these forums but I was referred here from the Penny Arcade forums because you guys apparently know some things about headphones.

I am looking for a pair of headphones that will be used for the following things..

1. Walking
2. On the bus/train
3. Sitting around/home use

All of these while plugged into my iPod Touch and ever so often but much more rarely a stereo. I tend to listen on my iPod 95% of the time. I will be listening to all sorts of music from every genre more or less as well as podcasts and videos. I do not really like when others are forced to listen to my music and I do enjoy it decently loud so something that keeps the sound in would be nice.

My budget is around $80-$120. Something easy enough to order from a major retailer like Amazon is also a plus. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Jun 8, 2009 at 3:36 PM Post #810 of 1,076
Quote:

Originally Posted by GearG /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi guys, new to these forums but I was referred here from the Penny Arcade forums because you guys apparently know some things about headphones.

I am looking for a pair of headphones that will be used for the following things..

1. Walking
2. On the bus/train
3. Sitting around/home use

All of these while plugged into my iPod Touch and ever so often but much more rarely a stereo. I tend to listen on my iPod 95% of the time. I will be listening to all sorts of music from every genre more or less as well as podcasts and videos. I do not really like when others are forced to listen to my music and I do enjoy it decently loud so something that keeps the sound in would be nice.

My budget is around $80-$120. Something easy enough to order from a major retailer like Amazon is also a plus. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Amazon.com: Altec Lansing UHP336 Snugfit In-ear Earphone: Electronics
Its very sensitive. I like it, it comes with foamies and plenty of other addons.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back