Recommendations for Best headphones on the market (new and old)
Apr 20, 2009 at 3:34 AM Post #782 of 1,076
Sennheiser HD 580
Grado SR 225
Ultrasone Proline 650

Apr 26, 2009 at 6:30 PM Post #785 of 1,076
The Denon AHD1001k's are awesome, great for classical music/acoustic (and the bass is just about right). I am using them right now and listening to some berlin philharmonic.

Apr 30, 2009 at 1:51 AM Post #787 of 1,076
I'm looking to get a new sub 200$ around ear headphones for playing computer games, and listening to music, allot of metal, and a good bass but not overly powerful would be preferred. trying to not get an amp but if needed what would you guys suggest for under 150.

i was thinking sennheiser 555 or 595

Apr 30, 2009 at 8:27 AM Post #789 of 1,076
Koss Pro 4AA

OK OK Hardly "audiophile" but fun as can be imagined.We're talking heavy as in they weigh a ton. It's like strapping a home stereo speaker to each ear. Full Range? UH.........ya !!! lol
They still make em, can you imagine? I think they came out in the seventies. At least that's when I had my first pair.
Oh yeah, did I mention lifetime guarantee?

Also Impedance =250 ohms............ makes amplification a must.

May 5, 2009 at 4:30 PM Post #793 of 1,076
Quote:

Originally Posted by mythin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
save up for some rs-1's and you wont be sorry chugster

Chung, not chug
wink.gif
But there aren't any places to try them where I live, and I wouldn't be sure if they would be comfortable. :/
Also, they're way too expensive. I can get the HD650's for £200 at the moment, which is a pretty good deal whilst a quick Amazon search shows the RS1's for £700..

May 11, 2009 at 4:58 PM Post #794 of 1,076
Hey guys,
just read all the stickies, well apparently I am looking for some headphones at a prise range of 100-200 euros, not really into amps and all! I mostly listen to music on the computer thats why. Also, my other sound activities are a bit of gaming (although I may not use the headphones for that), a lot movies, anime...
I rip my music through iTunes at the best bitrate (is that good enough or there are better ways). I would like some quality back to my ears but in a nice budget. Ending, the kind of music I hear is mostly rock (Pink Floyd, Radiohead, Stereophonics, The Doors... and so on) but I am in a searching status as my age points so an alaround piece with focus in rock is possible would be the best.

Thanks in advance,
-George

May 11, 2009 at 5:24 PM Post #795 of 1,076
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gbak /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey guys,
just read all the stickies, well apparently I am looking for some headphones at a prise range of 100-200 euros, not really into amps and all! I mostly listen to music on the computer thats why. Also, my other sound activities are a bit of gaming (although I may not use the headphones for that), a lot movies, anime...
I rip my music through iTunes at the best bitrate (is that good enough or there are better ways). I would like some quality back to my ears but in a nice budget. Ending, the kind of music I hear is mostly rock (Pink Floyd, Radiohead, Stereophonics, The Doors... and so on) but I am in a searching status as my age points so an alaround piece with focus in rock is possible would be the best.

Thanks in advance,
-George

george,

at that range, i highly recommend the denon ah-d1001
the dynamics for rock, especially classic rock, the variety you listed, is excellent.
with or without an amp.
great with just an iphone or ipod.

paul

Users who are viewing this thread

Back