Recommendations for Best headphones on the market (new and old)
Jan 31, 2007 at 11:19 PM Post #391 of 1,076
Hi to all
i am new to the professional Headphones..

i want to buy a good headphone (i can spend upto $100)
Please..
can u suggest me the good headphone...

i have Creative 20GB Nomad Zen NX

and how about Sony MDR V6s

thanks

Feb 4, 2007 at 9:55 PM Post #392 of 1,076
Quote:

Originally Posted by analog'd /img/forum/go_quote.gif
after 75 hours breakin these are... the best headphones I've ever heard! A lot of it was evident after 10 minutes, but now these are just insanely wonderful.
I'm constantly hearing details, subtle timbre of instruments, and changes/fluctuations in notes I've never heard before. The soundstage is as great as everyone is reporting, but it's not just SIZE: the entire spatial thang (the soundscape) is amazing. If I turn my attention to a single strand (a voice) in a harmony on Abbey Road, I hear that Beatle like I've never heard him, yet the harmony remains more cohesive than I've heard before also.
They have the "Grado sound" in spades, but in a whole new setting, and yes, a slightly different perspective. The in your face aspect is tempered just a bit, but the dynamics are fantastic. I have a feeling that this may be a headphone that Grado lovers and folks who've never loved a Grado, will love.
The highs just keep getting better, and they started out good. The bass is without a doubt the best I've ever heard on a headphone - super tight, very deep, and not bloated or running into the mids even a smidgeon. The mids themselves are just beautiful. It is all amazingly in balance; enormous amounts of everything you want to hear.
These phones are both fast and liquid in my system, musical as hell, matching the best I've heard from great speakers more then I'd have believed a headphone could.
Worth every penny, and then some!

Agree -- 100%. I've gone through a bunch of cans, including the HD650 and K701, and the GS1000 is the only one that doesn't leave me wanting. I'll hang on to the 701 for its lightness and clarity, the 650 for rock, but the 1000 is my first choice for everything for the very reasons presented by Analog'd.
rs1smile.gif

Feb 13, 2007 at 7:33 AM Post #395 of 1,076
Quote:

Originally Posted by Viperx116 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What's a good entry level at-home headphone for ~$100? I'm using a headset so anything would be an upgrade
plainface.gif

Go with the grado SR60. I dont know much about amps though so your own your own with an amp.

Feb 21, 2007 at 11:05 PM Post #397 of 1,076
Ive been looking over the IEM headphones and it seems like most good ones are out of my price range. I dont have an amp that I use for regular listening so these are mainly going to be used at school, gym, and at home. I want to get the most quality for my money. I can go up a few more dollars but i am trying to keep the price low. Also I am looking for a pair they would sell at local electronic stores like best buy or circuit city.
Thanks for the help,
Willie

Mar 6, 2007 at 7:23 AM Post #401 of 1,076
Ultrasone HFI-2200 ULE
orphsmile.gif

Best headphone I've ever had in my long long career as a hi-fi fanatic

Involving headphone that makes it interesting to listen to genres of music that I would not have tried previously
rs1smile.gif

Remember to look after your hearing

Long listening sessions – low volume, while studying etc
Short listening sessions – higher volume for excitement !

Mar 6, 2007 at 7:27 AM Post #402 of 1,076
Quote:

Originally Posted by screamer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ive been looking over the IEM headphones and it seems like most good ones are out of my price range. I dont have an amp that I use for regular listening so these are mainly going to be used at school, gym, and at home. I want to get the most quality for my money. I can go up a few more dollars but i am trying to keep the price low. Also I am looking for a pair they would sell at local electronic stores like best buy or circuit city.
Thanks for the help,
Willie

V-MODA Vibe sounds great with almost all kind of musics.

Mar 10, 2007 at 11:28 AM Post #403 of 1,076
Quote:

Originally Posted by wallijonn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
DT880
~US$235 Jan Meier Audio

A direct competitor to the Sennhesiser HD600. Has nice, mostly even, midrange. Not possessing overly extended bass nor strident high end. Mostly neutral. Good dynamics and transients. Possesses very wide soundstage (some may say the soundstage is too wide). Great vocal reproduction. Has great dynamic headroom, hard to drive to distortion. Can be sibilant with sibilant recordings. Prefers neutral to warm sources and amps. Can be driven from CD player headphone jacks, but prefers a dedicated amp. Very easy to listen to for hours; non-fatiguing. Sounds uncompressed (dynamics), therefore one must be careful to not set the volume level too high as massive pressures can easily be acheived. Very clean sounding. Good positioning and detail. A very smooth sounding headphone, with very little smearing. Slight forward presentation. Excellent for just about all gendres of music.

Semi-closed design. Short 4' cord, although it comes with an extention cord. Comfortable; light; not too much lateral pressure. Comfortable headband. High impedance. Likes lots of clean power.

I have the same thoughts also
icon10.gif
great headphones

Users who are viewing this thread

Back