Recommendations for Best headphones on the market (new and old)
Sep 14, 2009 at 11:42 PM Post #901 of 1,076
Quote:

Originally Posted by imwiththemidget /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ok I need help. Im looking to get my first pair of over the head cans. im looking to spend no more than $120. I mainly listen to punk and alternative, but do listen to a bit of everything. I want good sound, durability, and one cord not two (wireless would be better) and lastly.. Style. They have to be cool.

Here are ones I have in mind. Need suggestions!

- skullcandy HESH
- skullcandy dj pro
- skullcandy double agent
- stanton dj pro 3000
- sony extra bass (I like how they look and love the ears. But are they good for rock?)

P.s. I like the monster beats by dr dre but too pricey. Also you guys say the grado are good. Are they what im looking for? How much?

Sorry, but Skull Candy's and Dr Dre are NOT, repeat NOT headphones, but merely fashion bling for adolescent preteens. They sound like absolute s**t...but if it's fashion accesories that you want then by all means go for them.

Sep 15, 2009 at 10:29 PM Post #902 of 1,076
Quote:

Originally Posted by charliex /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sorry, but Skull Candy's and Dr Dre are NOT, repeat NOT headphones, but merely fashion bling for adolescent preteens. They sound like absolute s**t...but if it's fashion accesories that you want then by all means go for them.

Thats a little harsh. The Dre's are excellent depending on what kind of music you listen to. Could equal headphones be had for a little cheaper? Probably. But the dre's serve their purpose.

Sep 16, 2009 at 12:24 PM Post #905 of 1,076
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pott /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately I can't find MS1s anywhere in Europe though again I don't know of many places (I mostly look at ebay NL, Amazon Germany and hifiheadphones.com).

If you guys know of any good headphone shops in Germany, Netherlands, France or around there (euro zone or UK) please let me know, I can't find much
confused_face_2.gif

Buy directly from Alessandro High-End Products: Music Series Headphones. Free shipping.

Sep 16, 2009 at 6:03 PM Post #906 of 1,076
I need a suggestion for what headphones I should get.

I'm looking to spend under 150 dollars.
I listen to mostly metal / rock, so I'd like exceptional bass, but without bloat.
Mostly going to be used with my iPod or right out of my computer.
Needs to be reasonably durable.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Sep 16, 2009 at 9:36 PM Post #907 of 1,076
Grados SR225 mafia

Oct 1, 2009 at 12:48 PM Post #909 of 1,076
I'm thinking of upgrading from my UE Super.Fi 3's(which i got for an awesome $50) soon and was wondering what a few good choices were, the majority(30%) of my music is techno and electronica(though i do like me some Led Zeppelin or Queen)

My budget is going to be about $200 and i dont have an amp(though i've been meaning to get/build one eventually), source is my iPod Nano 4g.(which i will be making an LOD for very soon)

I dont really care what kind of cans as long as they sound good(though the isolation from IEM's is nice...) and are comfy.(My point of reference for comfort is the Everglide S-500's)

Oct 8, 2009 at 6:03 PM Post #912 of 1,076
Quote:

Originally Posted by jjinh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Does anyone else get the message
"www.alessandro-products.com uses an invalid security certificate."

when you try to go to the checkout on the Alessandro website?
confused.gif

Yea, I think it'll be safe to checkout though.

What headphones would you recommend to someone with a ~£60 budget who listens to a lot of trance/hip-hop/prog rock?

I was thinking of getting some Alessandro MS1's but I'm not sure there will be enough bass.

Oct 9, 2009 at 4:39 PM Post #914 of 1,076
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kinshoro /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Can anyone tell me of a headphone which is really cheap on budget but has good or average sound quality????? I would rather not spend more than 40$

Open Headphone
1-Koss KSC75/35 (Clip-on) ($13) Very good value. Some bass bloat, good mids and sparkly highs.
1-Sennheiser px100 ($33)
1-Koss Portapro ($35)
1-Sennheiser HD515 ($60)
1-Grado sr-60 ($69) Wonderful liquid mids! Amazing with guitars. Not harsh to me, but to some. Lacking in bass.

Closed Headphone
1-Sennheiser HD201 ($22)
1-AKG k81dj ($54) Bassy dj headphone. Better with some damping. Good for rap and Hip-Hop

Try here: http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f4/hea...-guide-271258/

smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 10, 2009 at 1:08 PM Post #915 of 1,076
Quote:

Originally Posted by oli_ramsay /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yea, I think it'll be safe to checkout though.

What headphones would you recommend to someone with a ~£60 budget who listens to a lot of trance/hip-hop/prog rock?

I was thinking of getting some Alessandro MS1's but I'm not sure there will be enough bass.

...Anyone?

I may just get some Denon D1001's

Whad'ya reckon?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back