Recommendations for a runner?
Jun 24, 2010 at 8:29 AM Post #17 of 41

The build quality isn't the best on the KSC-75, that's for sure.  Koss will repair or replace them under their lifetime warranty, although I believe shipping costs tend to be more than the phones generally sell for.

I think the reason the KSC-75 has such a following is that you will be very hard pressed to find something that sounds anywhere near as good at such a low price point.  You can pick up a pair for well south of the $20 mark after all.

If you are careful with them they should last for you.  Don't tug on the wires running to the actual drivers and don't yank the cable near the jack.  Both are weak spots.

Quote:
Ok, so i'm going to be getting a KSC75, but I hear it's got very bad build quality....
I've seen my friend's break on the spot (but he also broke my cowon t2) and Lots of comments, on newegg, say it break's easily.

There's got to be something They and I'm missing out on that makes this so great....It's not just the Sq is it?

Jun 24, 2010 at 12:39 PM Post #18 of 41
As a runner-to-runner (rather than as an audiophile to another), I can say I'm pretty satisfied with the Sony MDRw08L. I run A LOT, and have to admit I am pretty scared to run with IEMs out in the street, still you want to know when a car is approaching...

These overhead ear buds sound OK, but have the great advantage of simply stay put and not move while running.

Jun 24, 2010 at 1:14 PM Post #19 of 41
Headroom has a few sporty Senns in their b-stock right now, including the pmx100.. http://www.headphone.com/support/b-stock-outlet.php

Jun 24, 2010 at 1:28 PM Post #20 of 41

lol.  Yep, earmuffs it is!   I have tried running with earbuds and IEMs, but have never been able to get them to stay in past a mile and a half or so.  the sweat just works them out too easily.  That's what made me start looking into alternatives. 

The Sony clip ons that I mentioned earlier have such good springs in the clips, that I believe they would hold in place perfectly through running, jumping jacks, yoga or anything else. 
Quote:
heh, so practically everyone here runs with ear muff's?   
duggehsmile.png

I was looking forward for some earbuds because they're small and well I thought it would be better for running....

Do those clips really work well, how about some parkour (jumping jacks) ?  I've never tried them so please understand my concerns.

Jun 24, 2010 at 4:45 PM Post #21 of 41
nonsupremous how did your wear yours when you were running /img/forum/go_quote.gif ?
Quote:
nonsupremous /img/forum/go_quote.gif  I have tried running with earbuds and IEMs, but have never been able to get them to stay in past a mile and a half or so.  the sweat just works them out too easily.  

Jun 24, 2010 at 5:04 PM Post #22 of 41
I wore them the normal way they are meant to be worn.  Normal earbuds, like the ones that come with the ipod.  An earbud wouldn't stay in for more than 1 to 2 minutes tops. 

As for IEMs, I would go ahead and loop all of them over my ear and use them that way.....I have tried 7 different sets, none of them were good enough to go the distance.  The closest one was my SE530.  And what I ended up having to do with them was put on the large foamie instead of the medium.  That still couldn't last more than 2 miles or so before they started wedging free. 

I have also tried all of the non behind the neck sport series from Sennheiser.  They work fairly well, except they really hurt too much to wear for a long period. 

So after all that, I finally went to my PX100 and wore them for a very long time until they finally just became too nasty to even want to pick up!  =) 

that's when I switched to the Sony clip on. 

What a long strange trip it's been....
eek.gif

Edit:  One problem I have is that I live in Oklahoma and the humidity here generally runs between 70 and 75.  And I run at 5 in the morning, and some mornings it's close to 80 degrees already.  So, the sweat factor is just a real issue. 
Quote:
nonsupremous how did your wear yours when you were running /img/forum/go_quote.gif ?
Quote:

Jun 24, 2010 at 5:09 PM Post #23 of 41
I would also strongly recommend what JonathanF posted a picture of.  They never budge.  Jumping jacks, push ups, running, you name it.  The only reason I don't still wear mine is because the sound, as JonathanF point out, is quite anemic. 

Jun 24, 2010 at 5:37 PM Post #24 of 41
ok, well the Koss came in today and I'm having so much trouble putting it on right now, I'm going to try it on later. my ears feel like they've torn or something :frowning2:

I'm getting mixed feeling about it. Although the quality's fine, I'm not digging the clips.

Jun 24, 2010 at 5:49 PM Post #25 of 41
Koss Porta Pros here. The headband can´t get sweaty since it´s just metal. The ear pads is airy enough to not get to sweaty either. Maybe would be good if they where replaceable but that is the only "issue" I managed to invent.

Jun 24, 2010 at 8:18 PM Post #26 of 41
They take a little bit to get the hang of.  You can bend the clips out or in to better fit your ear shape.  Also, when putting them on, I use a couple of fingers to push the clip away from the actual ear pad to create a little separation.  Then, put the clip on towards the back of your ear and rotate it up into position.  Once you get the hang of it, they are a snap to put on.

Quote:
ok, well the Koss came in today and I'm having so much trouble putting it on right now, I'm going to try it on later. my ears feel like they've torn or something :frowning2:

I'm getting mixed feeling about it. Although the quality's fine, I'm not digging the clips.

Jun 24, 2010 at 8:19 PM Post #27 of 41

Quote:
Koss Porta Pros here. The headband can´t get sweaty since it´s just metal. The ear pads is airy enough to not get to sweaty either. Maybe would be good if they where replaceable but that is the only "issue" I managed to invent.

They are replaceable. I take them off when I use them as a mic (just for fun). 

Jun 25, 2010 at 12:09 AM Post #29 of 41
I'm a marathoner.  I second the recommendation for the KSC-75.  They do take some time to get used to, but once you adjust, you don't even feel them on.

I started down my headphone cravings with the KSC-35s almost 10 years ago.  The 75s are the updated model with the same drivers.  I still do not believe that there is a better headphone for the money and if I had to have only one headphone for the rest of my life, I would pick the KSC-35s.  

And the Koss lifetime warranty is unfortunately a necessity.  I think the 75s may be more durable than the 35s but they still go bad every few years.

Jun 25, 2010 at 1:54 AM Post #30 of 41
These them?
Quote:
nonsupremous /img/forum/go_quote.gif  The Sony clip ons that I mentioned earlier have such good springs in the clips, that I believe they would hold in place perfectly through running, jumping jacks, yoga or anything else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back